Visiting Gibraltar?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Jun 2015 4:33 PM by gazzerb Star rating in Malaga/Winchester. 34 posts Send private message

If you are choosing to not take your car into Gib. Be aware there are new parking meters in all surrounding roads.

There is still an official presence should you have dificulties.

The machines show a max. duration stay of 2 hours. I have seen many "Denuncia" tickets on cars parked with 1 or 2 hour tickets.

After speaking to the official as to how we can park for 2 hours or more, he replied "Buy more tickets!". I didn't want to come out in 2 hours and feed the meter! "No no no, buy more tickets at the time you park up to the value of your duration!" So you want to stay 6 hours: Buy 3x2 hour tickets! "Do that and you won't get a denuncia from me!"

So there you have it, a Spanish way out of a beurocratic anomaly. Whether it is La Linea's intention to limit parking to 2 hours, god only knows but at least the official has found a way acceptable to him to enable you to park all day.

PS The machines didn't like 2€ coins despite saying they do!

Like 1      
20 Jun 2015 5:52 PM by GB45 Star rating in Wiltshire and holida.... 130 posts Send private message

As you say a very Spanish way of doing things, you wouldn't get away with it in the UK. A simple solution that I rather like!

Like 1      
20 Jun 2015 9:23 PM by nitram Star rating in castalla. 175 posts Send private message

Travelling down from the Costa Blance, been to Gib  a number on a number of ocassions. Always stopped in La Linea a hotel on the front, not brilliant, but just to get your head down.

Never taken the car into GIB, reason being it´s part of the expirance walking across that runway, there is good bus service starting at the airport and servies take you to all points in Gib, Europa `Point, Both Worlds, Rosia Bay etc.Plus it´s quicker to walk in and out then being stuck in possiable  hold ups we have never had to wait more then15 mins and this was only because i brought fags back

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Electricity Charges - 7 posts
Demolition Order - 4 posts
Beware The Cowboy Builders Are Back - 23 posts
Rent or Buy - 6 posts
moving to spain - 10 posts
Astra 2G latest updates - 1 posts
Music Jams - 0 posts
Inconsistent Judicial Rulings and recovery of legal costs and interest (Bank/Insurer claims) - 0 posts
Electricty to be charged by the hour - 2 posts
Foreign Asset Declaration Model 720: - 50 posts
Help!! Employer has not paid me or my tax, or his!! - 4 posts
Spanish Lawyer - 6 posts
Holmes car registration service Marbella - 2 posts
Andrew - 5 posts
Buying white goods in Malaga. - 5 posts
Selling property of deceased person - 4 posts
Deposits on car rental - 4 posts
Cleaning Service in Salou - 0 posts
Making a crime report in Spain to National Police - 10 posts
Cheap car rental option St Javier area - 4 posts
Ban cyclists ! - 32 posts
washing cars on the street - 1 posts
So we have decided to take the plunge - 10 posts
No win no fee - 1 posts
san juan de los terreros - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x