Diabetes prescriptions

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 May 2015 12:02 PM by James7698 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Does anyone know how much prescriptions are for a diabetic (type 1) working in spain and if there is a cap what is it?             

Is less for chronically ill?

Like 0      
26 May 2015 1:20 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

If you go to gov.uk living in Spain , click on the link to prescriptions, and it will show you a scale of charges.

as a state pensioner, my diabetic husband pays 10 % of medications plus his expensive diabetic tablets have a further subsidy.I don't  know if you will get that as a worker. It is capped  according to income, as a pensioner, but not, I believe, workers.

i think you will have to pay 40%  of your prescriptions

the practice nurse gives him needles, test strips and the testing machine, but the finger prickers we order from Advanced care products in UK , as it is cheaper.

if you buy the strips from the chemist they are very expensive.

Like 0      
26 May 2015 2:55 PM by James7698 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

How much do you think I would pay on average every month for my prescriptions 

Like 0      
26 May 2015 4:46 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

Working in spain and paying social security, you will pay 40 or 50% of the cost depending on income. There is no cap, I'm afraid.

Depending on what you're on, insulin costs around 50 euro for 2 months full price, test strips are €45.30 (or were last year) for a pack of 50. Metformin is cheap, certainly less than €5 a pack. If you earn under €18000 a year it is 40% and 50% over that to 100,000 a year.

The cost you pay will be printed on the prescription so you'll know before you go to the pharmacy.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Goodbye Android TV - Hello PC TV! - 20 posts
Mortgages Spain - 4 posts
Artistic Gymnastics Costa del Sol - 2 posts
HI all - 5 posts
Hi I'm lewis...LOOKING T - 1 posts
Starting a car rental business - 11 posts
Hey - 3 posts
Protective sealant for new swimming pool coping stones - 1 posts
Previous tenant requesting details - 5 posts
GnG - 0 posts
certificate of antiquity - 1 posts
Itv for car estepona - 4 posts
Atlas Property Advertising Spanish Property For Sale On UK TV . - 1 posts
Paying SUMA on behalf of a UK resident - 2 posts
Non Resident Bank Accounts - 0 posts
metal juliet balcony - 3 posts
Routes from Almeria to Eastern France - 3 posts
UK CROWN PENSION TO BE DECLARED IN SPAIN THIS YEAR - 90 posts
Help! - 1 posts
Cashing in a pension. - 13 posts
Looking for people who can rent an apartment - 0 posts
Recommendations for a good Aircon instalment company Formentera/Rojales/Quesada area? - 3 posts
Using Small uk trailers in Spain - 0 posts
bathroom floor tiles - 1 posts
Lottery for president - 20 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x