Protective sealant for new swimming pool coping stones

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 May 2015 6:10 AM by paulbirkett Star rating. 34 posts Send private message

Hello all

I was just seeking some help from anyone that can recommend a type of sealant  I could use to put on my new swimming pool coping stones. The purpose being to help rain/tap water run off without staining and even strengthen the stones if possible as my garden either side of the pool is narrow and I regularly have to walk on them to get front and back. Live in Los Alcazares, Murcia although assume Leroy Merlin would be a suitable place to buy such a product.

As always any help would be appreciated

Paul

Like 0      
25 May 2015 10:03 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

If you do decide to apply a product, take care that it does not leave the surface slippery when wet. 

I used a silicon based product to seal (with a shine)  the tiles on my terrace. It was recommended by Pinturas Andalucía.  It never dried completely, although not wet to the touch, but it was 'sticky' which meant dust adhered to the tiles, especially in the 'non slip' indentations, which was impossible to remove with conventional methods

I had representatives from  Pinturas Andalucía and the sealant manufacturer  at my place several times, and despite all the removal products they supplied (free) I finally had to buy a power washer to remove, 100%, of the sealant.  Quite  a time consuming job with 100m2 of terrace.  It is now sealant free, albeit dull !

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Previous tenant requesting details - 5 posts
GnG - 0 posts
certificate of antiquity - 1 posts
Itv for car estepona - 4 posts
Atlas Property Advertising Spanish Property For Sale On UK TV . - 1 posts
Paying SUMA on behalf of a UK resident - 2 posts
Non Resident Bank Accounts - 0 posts
metal juliet balcony - 3 posts
Routes from Almeria to Eastern France - 3 posts
UK CROWN PENSION TO BE DECLARED IN SPAIN THIS YEAR - 90 posts
Help! - 1 posts
Cashing in a pension. - 13 posts
Looking for people who can rent an apartment - 0 posts
Recommendations for a good Aircon instalment company Formentera/Rojales/Quesada area? - 3 posts
Using Small uk trailers in Spain - 0 posts
bathroom floor tiles - 1 posts
Lottery for president - 20 posts
Septic Tanks - 0 posts
planning permission ? - 15 posts
Avoiding high bank charges when moving large sums of money out of your bank. - 15 posts
car road tax - 6 posts
Fibre optic broadband Benalmadena - 1 posts
Eminent domain on property, how does it work - 0 posts
Pool Cleaner & Gardener Needed Murcia - 5 posts
Mahogany Bedroom Furniture 1940's - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x