Routes from Almeria to Eastern France

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 May 2015 2:00 PM by Mojacar_Irish Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

I am trying to plan a route north to take advantage of motorways/duel carriageways, but minimise tolls.

I am driving to Germany, so I am heading towards Narbonne, Montpellier. Any advice on good routes when the A7 becomes the AP7? Or should I just pay the toll?

Like 0      
20 May 2015 3:07 PM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Hi

Using the Michelen Guide,one can work out your route using their planner. Sometimes the Toll Roads are quicker in Spain out of season of course.

http://www.viamichelin.com/web/Routes/Route-Calais-62100-Pas_de_Calais-France-to-Malaga-_-Malaga-Spain?strStartLocid=31NDJxdzgxOGNOVEF1T1RVNE1ERT1jTVM0NE5USTBOQT09&strDestLocid=31M3k4dzEwY016WXVOekU1TmpVPWNMVFF1TkRJd01EST0=#idTitleRoadsheet

Good Luck

Nigel

Like 0      
20 May 2015 4:51 PM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

I would not go via Narbonne and Monpellier unless in a hurry, although the A7 is always very busy and tolls are very high. Over €100 and lots of bandits around Barcelona and in the service areas..

I take this route every year both ways.and never pay anything in tolls and meet reasonably light traffic. It just takes a little longer.

Almeria to Zaragoza A7 A31. Zaragoza to Bordeaux over the Pyrenees (Somport tunnel) to Pau then A10. Then Limoges N141, Montelucon Mulhouse, Strasbourg.  Via Mitchelin will give you the alternatives.

http://www.viamichelin.com/

Like 0      
20 May 2015 5:12 PM by Mojacar_Irish Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Thanks very much Micky. That looks very interesting. Seems quite a lot longer but, as you say, little or no tolls.

I am driving to north Germany, about 24 hours driving time, taking my easterly route. I will check out your route for times. Thank you again for your advice.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

UK CROWN PENSION TO BE DECLARED IN SPAIN THIS YEAR - 90 posts
Help! - 1 posts
Cashing in a pension. - 13 posts
Looking for people who can rent an apartment - 0 posts
Recommendations for a good Aircon instalment company Formentera/Rojales/Quesada area? - 3 posts
Using Small uk trailers in Spain - 0 posts
bathroom floor tiles - 1 posts
Lottery for president - 20 posts
Septic Tanks - 0 posts
planning permission ? - 15 posts
Avoiding high bank charges when moving large sums of money out of your bank. - 15 posts
car road tax - 6 posts
Fibre optic broadband Benalmadena - 1 posts
Eminent domain on property, how does it work - 0 posts
Pool Cleaner & Gardener Needed Murcia - 5 posts
Mahogany Bedroom Furniture 1940's - 0 posts
Wifi/satellite internet in Las Marinas, Denia ? - 1 posts
Optic Fibre connection on CDS - 2 posts
Emigrating from the UK? - 3 posts
Looking for people emigrating the UK. - 0 posts
questions: declaration of uk interest and CGT on share sale - 6 posts
Ikea delivery - 3 posts
The little geranium - la Cala - 2 posts
recommendation for solicitor in playa flamenca - 1 posts
Recommendation for a car hire company at Malaga airport. - 34 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x