jobs in alicante area for qualified english native teacher with CELTA qualification

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Apr 2015 9:04 PM by jankw Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Hi 

I'm a qualified Teacher who is due to come out to Spain to live at the end of October this year (in the Villamartin area) .  I am qualified to teach Spanish, French and P.E.  I will be CELTA (teaching English as a second language) qualified by the end of the summer.  Can anyone recommend where to apply for a job.  What are the chances of getting part-time work and where are the schools in the area. I would also be interested in teaching 1:1 or a job in somewhere like an estate agents where I can use my language skills.

Many thanks - Malcolm

Like 0      
02 Apr 2015 11:07 PM by broph Star rating. 147 posts Send private message

Hi,  

If you have not already done so, then have a look at www.britishcouncil.org which gives information about teaching English as a student as part of your degree or if you are more advanced as a qualified teacher.

Failing that, most Spanish cities have lots of language schools offering their services to Spanish citizens. Although You might have to travel into Murcia or Alicante to tap into this arena. Once you get established you will attract businees from recommendation.

Villamartin area has a high number of native British speakers, so you might be able to engage your skills as a translator assisting with things like Applying for N.I.E numbers, Driver or Vehicle licensing or registration transfers, Hospital / Medical related or everyday items that involve Spanish officialdom.

It can be very much a " land on the ground and follow your nose " experience.

Your ability to communicate in the native language will be your true advantage.

Good luck

This message was last edited by broph on 02/04/2015.

Like 0      
03 Apr 2015 9:39 AM by eos_ian Star rating in Valencia. 506 posts Send private message

eos_ian´s avatar

Hi Malcolm

I don't know Alicante but I can tell you there is a shortage of qualified English teachers in Valencia and plenty of work, especially around October time, which is when the demand is highest. So if you have problems in Alicante, move up  north slightly. You want to be sure you are close to a University, that way you will have no shortage of English students. Teaching English will be your best bet to begin with.

Good luck

This message was last edited by eos_ian on 03/04/2015.

Ian :   EOS TEAM MEMBER 

www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/ianandspain.aspx

Like 0      
03 Apr 2015 9:18 PM by jankw Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

thanks for your responses.  Unfortunately we have bought a house now in the Villamartin area and I think Valencia will be too far to travel so I will concentrate on language schools in the around Alicante.  Some good advice from the both of you.  We have budgeted enough to live out here but it would be nice to have a little etc. plus Im a young 55 year old so dont really want to fully retire just yet. But my plan to get part-time work may be able to be realised so Im happy with that.

kind regards and again thanks for the advice

Malc

Like 0      
03 Apr 2015 9:29 PM by nitram Star rating in castalla. 175 posts Send private message

Don´t understand n your post are you Quailfied or not ¿ one line you say you are then another linr not until October ¿¿ ,some schools only taken on Valencian speaking teaching staff. I know this as my daughter  is at uni in Spain taking this 4 year course. Plus you have to have your English Qualifiactions translated and Graded from Madrid have you looked in this ¿ good luck 

Like 0      
03 Apr 2015 11:37 PM by jankw Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

I am a fully qualified (QTT) teacher in Spanish and French - but I am taking my CELTA course this summer which will enable be to teach english as a foreign language.  Currently I teach Spanish and French in  a comprehensive school in the North of England.  I am either looking to teach Spanish or to teach English.  I was lead to believe that if you have are a qualified Teacher in England (not necessarily English being your main subject) and you have a CELTA qualification you would be able to teach English in International Schools in Spain. Am I wrong?

Malcolm

Like 0      
04 Apr 2015 8:59 PM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

You could try contacting Kings College at La Torre Golf resort and Castelar College in San Pedro del Pinatar. These are both international schools that are within driving distance of Villamartin. If you google them you can obtain more info.

Like 0      
06 Apr 2015 3:43 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

4 years research in what.

Like 0      
07 Apr 2015 9:18 AM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

4 years research in what, what???    Am I missing something?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Moving to Spain in October - 2 posts
How long for property purchase to go through - 13 posts
Flights to San Javier - 5 posts
Driving docs - 19 posts
BBC TV Programme 31st March 2015 Shows How Tough Life is for Many Brits in Spain. - 50 posts
Corvera vs San Javier Airports - 2 posts
Mortgage lenders ordered to refund overpaid interest - 7 posts
UK banking - 13 posts
Brit couple found murdered in N.Spain - 1 posts
Buying an android to watch tv - 4 posts
Murcia today - 19 posts
Where can I buy - 6 posts
Looking for advice from anyone who got a 100%+ mortgage for a propert - 5 posts
New to the forum and looking for advice! - 12 posts
Iberosat HD 4700 - 0 posts
FINAL TAX WHEN LEAVING SPAIN - 2 posts
easyJet winter flights - 0 posts
Aroca Seiquer/Atlas International Problems - 12 posts
Looking for zip link divans - 1 posts
New Ex-pat 'Hola Bank' - 2 posts
Semana Santa daytime processions - 1 posts
Looking for a 2nd hand TV - 2 posts
Buying a Repossession - 1 posts
Tammydog - 0 posts
SPANISH JUDGE DOES GOOD WORK ON ABUSIVE DELAY INTEREST CLAUSES - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x