Santa Pola

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Mar 2015 7:41 PM by furiousfeline Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Can anyone tell me what Santa Pola is like please.  I am thinking of retiring there.

Is there a lot of retired Brits there?

Is it a nice place to live?

Is it easy to rent decent property for about 500 Eur per month?

Thanks for any help or advice you can give me.

Like 0      
14 Mar 2015 8:52 PM by starfox Star rating. 58 posts Send private message

If flats and terraced housing is your thing then there are loads of rentals for that price in Santa Pola.

If you want maybe a little larger and more communal living with more expats/brits then you should also look at Gran Alacant. Have a look on idealista(property website) for what is available within your budget.

I don't mind Santa Pola but to be honest I have only visited a few times so can't give you any practicalities of living there.

Like 0      
14 Mar 2015 10:45 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

There are really two parts to Santa Pola. The main town is quite old and still very Spanish. The newer part, to the South, is lots of flats which have been built for the foreign market. There are some areas with a lot of British people but a lot of this area is owned by N Europeans with a lot of Scandinavians.

The old part has a lovely port area with regular ferries out to Tabarca island and a fairly large fishing fleet. There are some nice beaches along there although a bit overshadowed by high rise apartment blocks and the beaches up from there are nicer. I think the newer part is a bit of a ghost town in the winter as most just use it for holiday apartments. As said, Gran Alacant is just up from there and is busier with a large British contingents as is La Marina just the other side of the salt lakes.

Like 2      
15 Mar 2015 2:23 PM by furiousfeline Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Thank you very much Bobaol and Starfox. From what you both said, I think Gran Alicant sounds promising. I am planning to go visit Spain in May so will go and have a look round there. Thanks once again both of you. Most helpful.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

eye on spain property site - 2 posts
Read this in A newspaper - 2 posts
Transferring a UK car onto Spanish plates - 8 posts
Buying a re-sale 20 year old property without Habilitation Licence - 10 posts
Obtaining Police Report from Police Station (Marbella) - 5 posts
castellon airport - 1 posts
Nie & and Social Number - 4 posts
Car insurance - 0 posts
Assets declaration, form 720 - 14 posts
Where to study Spanish and work part-time? - 1 posts
Building developers in administration - now what? - 10 posts
Castellon Airport - 2 posts
AIRPORT - 0 posts
are your mornings disturbed by building works again? - 0 posts
How can you try and work out which agent actually has the direct listing? - 15 posts
Exchange rate - 9 posts
Do you live here - 12 posts
Changes to IHT in Murcia? - 4 posts
jr - 0 posts
Cheltenham in spain - 0 posts
Assets worth more than you think! - 0 posts
Changing Community Statutes - 0 posts
Insuring a Spanish car not in my name please help - 23 posts
how to avoid spanish inheritance tax - 12 posts
thats is so - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x