Transferring a UK car onto Spanish plates

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Mar 2015 10:53 PM by Roundhill Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

We are taking our car to Spain this year and want to register it onto spanish plates. I've been looking on the Internet and obtained a couple of quotes that are totally different. Can anyone suggest someone who is trustworthy and reliable to do this. We are in the Mojacar area of Almeria but happy to travel if need to.

Like 0      
12 Mar 2015 11:37 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Try Graham Shelton of Spanish Number Plates- just google it.

He is the motoring correspondent of the  Costa Blanca News

He does this service all the time

This message was last edited by camposol on 12/03/2015.

Like 0      
13 Mar 2015 9:26 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

The cost will depend  on how much if any of the legwork you are prepared to do yourself or if you are going to leave it entirely to a professional. A Spanish Gestoria (official paperwork professional) would probably charge less than a company just doing car registrations and you would have the opportuntiy of doing small jobs like taking it for it's ITV (MOT) yourself.

Here is a link that will give you a good idea of the taxes involved, you will have professional fees on top.

http://www.coche.es/impuesto-matriculacion

Check the box coche de importacion and then enter your car details

Like 0      
13 Mar 2015 10:27 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Don't forget it is not just a matter of registering the car you will have to pay import duty on what your car value is in Spain I suppose the main reason your taking your UK car is to save money the Spanish tax man is  going to put a resale value  of what the car retails for in Spain they are not interested in the bill of sale you have from the UK I have looked in this and it worked out a lot easier just to buy a left hand drive car in Spain the insurance works out more expensive on a rhd car think about it.I have a villa on Camposol and at this moment there are about 10 LHD Spanish cars for sale around the estate when you compare like for like it works out about only 20% more expensive and with the pound euro exchange rate being very good at the moment I think some serious thought is called for good luck.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 13/03/2015.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 13/03/2015.

Like 1      
13 Mar 2015 11:23 AM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

Unless rules have changed if you start matriculation before  signing on the Empadronamiento ( padron) then there is no import duty.

Like 0      
13 Mar 2015 12:14 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Quite right, if you are moving to Spain and bringing your car as part of your chattels you can get exemption from the import tax, you may need a proof of change of address certificate from the British Consulate (un certificado de baja consular)

Like 0      
13 Mar 2015 12:29 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

I would agree with windtalker much easier to sell your UK and buy a LHD car

For most (as there is always an exception) driving a LHD in Spain is the best / safest option

Like 0      
13 Mar 2015 1:27 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This message was last edited by newworld on 13/03/2015.
This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 3/13/2015 2:03:00 PM.

Like 0      
13 Jul 2015 12:28 PM by Mrsmac06 Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Does anyone know of someone selling a car that i could get in touch with.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Buying a re-sale 20 year old property without Habilitation Licence - 10 posts
Obtaining Police Report from Police Station (Marbella) - 5 posts
castellon airport - 1 posts
Nie & and Social Number - 4 posts
Car insurance - 0 posts
Assets declaration, form 720 - 14 posts
Where to study Spanish and work part-time? - 1 posts
Building developers in administration - now what? - 10 posts
Castellon Airport - 2 posts
AIRPORT - 0 posts
are your mornings disturbed by building works again? - 0 posts
How can you try and work out which agent actually has the direct listing? - 15 posts
Exchange rate - 9 posts
Do you live here - 12 posts
Changes to IHT in Murcia? - 4 posts
jr - 0 posts
Cheltenham in spain - 0 posts
Assets worth more than you think! - 0 posts
Changing Community Statutes - 0 posts
Insuring a Spanish car not in my name please help - 23 posts
how to avoid spanish inheritance tax - 12 posts
thats is so - 0 posts
Car boot sale near Almoradi - 0 posts
CLOSING A SPANISH BANK ACCOUNT - 11 posts
It's that 720 time again! - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x