Android tv box use in costa blanca

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Feb 2015 10:07 PM by fulhampatrick Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Living in Santa Pola does anyone know if using an android box it is possible to pick up the sport on sky and canal+

with these android boxes.

Like 0      
23 Feb 2015 11:29 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

There's a Sky Sports app for Android. If you have a Sky Go subscription you would be able to get it.

Like 0      
24 Feb 2015 6:18 AM by sgw869 Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Hello

These boxes work anywhere in the world let alone Santa Pola

1/ Plug in the ethernet cable

2/ Connect HDMI cable

3/ Connect power

4/ Turn it on and enjoy

These boxes stream live sport so the faster the ADSL you have the better the feed

When a very popular game is on the stream does deteioriate

All the sport channels are shown

I have one also great for movies, all the latest ones are there

If your going to live here permanently, there is another way to get full S.y for a very reasonable price

Without streaming

Good luck

Like 0      
24 Feb 2015 8:09 AM by JPD Star rating in Hull, East Yorkshire.... 391 posts Send private message

JPD´s avatar

Yes you will be able to stream all sky and other sports channels along with almost all other tv and film from around the world. you need 6 Mb stable internet speed to get the best streaming.

Like 0      
24 Feb 2015 12:34 PM by fulhampatrick Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Would you recommend buying an andrid box in UK or in Spain

Like 0      
24 Feb 2015 3:16 PM by fonziedas Star rating. 55 posts Send private message

an androidbox is an androidbox, doesn't matter where you buy it

Like 1      
24 Feb 2015 5:03 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

an androidbox is an androidbox, doesn't matter where you buy it

Unless of course all the settings are in Spanish, and so are the instructions, and you cant fully understand Spanish.

Like a friends one when he messed about with it and lost everything, then got it back...In Chinese.

If your English get a pre-loaded one in English, from England.

Like 1      
24 Feb 2015 5:20 PM by fonziedas Star rating. 55 posts Send private message

Android is loaded with many languages, it would be a lot of work deleting languages, and anyway, Android gets a lot of updates, deleted languages will probably be loaded again

Like 0      
25 Feb 2015 6:18 AM by sgw869 Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

I would recommend purchasing the box in Spain

Our chap we purchased from updates the software for us

Also when renters play around with the box and do a factory reset the chap reloads the software for us

Like 0      
25 Feb 2015 1:54 PM by nigela Star rating. 415 posts Send private message

I would expect they are quite a bit cheaper in the UK - on ebay a good quality would can be bouight fully loaded for about £55.  There are places on ebay that advertise they will remotely keep your box up todate which could be useful if you are renting your property out (but I think they are more money).  I bought my box cheaply of ebay and do the updates myself but this is for use in the UK as it is a lot cheaper than paying loads of money to Sky who then pay obsene amounts of money to footballers.

Like 0      
25 Feb 2015 2:36 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

I would expect they are quite a bit cheaper in the UK - on ebay a good quality would can be bouight fully loaded for about £55.  There are places on ebay that advertise they will remotely keep your box up todate which could be useful if you are renting your property out (but I think they are more money).  I bought my box cheaply of ebay and do the updates myself but this is for use in the UK as it is a lot cheaper than paying loads of money to Sky who then pay obsene amounts of money to footballers.

Yes, you are correct with what you say, I bought mine of E-bay, paid for a fully loaded one with auto updates and just about everything on it, including live cams from many places in the world.

You can buy for next to nothing whats in effect an empty box and fill it up yourself, not much point in me doing that, would make a hash of it.

Never had any problems and everything is great with it, but you do need a decent internet speed to get the best out of it, and since I did tinker with it I get no buffering now.

Like 0      
25 Feb 2015 4:58 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Not really any cheaper. They have them in Media Markt from €35 up to €150 with a good wifi one at €69.90. And on initial set up, change the country and language to UK and you get the UK Google store. The one I bought a while back was from Singapore and I can set it up for whatever country I want. (no, it wasn't in Chinese). On the Spanish bit, setup becomes "setup" (would you believe) and it's quite easy to simply select "pais" and "idioma". I also get automatic updates plus the option of searching for updates manually. However, I much prefer the satellite system for TV pictures (both for quality and stability) but use the Android box for things that aren't on the satellite. Sports always buffer though, for some reason.

However. you do need a decent and stable internet signal. We have 3Mb which sometimes goes up to 5 plus but, at other times, drops to les than 1Mb. Even things like filmon tend to buffer and stop when it goes below 1.5Mb. For Sky, especially the HD ones, you'd need considerably more. If you had a reliable 6Mb it would probably be OK.

Oh, and they are becoming more user friendly.

Like 0      
28 Feb 2015 2:31 PM by jontymellor Star rating in Warrington & Cabo R.... 144 posts Send private message

I bought one with Amazon and it was ok, I just use Filmon, then Movistar who my internet is with, said there's was loaded up ready for use, so I thought that would be better, so I bought that, and here we are I just watch Filmon on it, so I have two now, I have not the know how to get all these other sites, but my 4-5 meg connection gives me a good connection most of the time to a load of UK channels, got a spare now.

Jon

Like 0      
06 Mar 2015 2:08 PM by johnmac25 Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Thats interesting Jonty, I got my internet through Movistar/Movifresh I wanted to buy their box but because if only had Filmon and they couldn't show me one working it put me off.  But you seem happy with it which is reassuring.

Like 0      
06 Mar 2015 3:47 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Johnmac25 get a fully loaded Android TV box from eBay make sure it is a fully loaded box it will have all the apps pre loaded and the boxes are jail Brocken that meens you can down load the ukiptv app and any others that you want to install watch all the latest movies for free for around £50.00.

Like 0      
06 Mar 2015 4:17 PM by johnmac25 Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Thanks windtalker, do you (or anyone else) have a link to one thats you've bought or good or a sellers name?

Like 0      
06 Mar 2015 7:59 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

The box I have is the latest model CS918+  android 4.4 the eBay UK sellers name is eternaldealer  item number 371164711931 .

Like 0      
06 Mar 2015 9:26 PM by johnmac25 Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Many thanks, appreciate your help

Like 0      
07 Mar 2015 12:04 PM by fulhampatrick Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Thanks everybody for all your replies - much appreciated

Like 0      
26 Apr 2016 2:06 PM by Swingles Casas Star rating in malaga. 6 posts Send private message

Swingles Casas´s avatar

We are really pleased with the we got box from Smart TV in Spain, they do a great android box with all movies and TV shows free and there is no monthly to pay. You can get all the sports channels on their boxes for free also. The sports channels I must say are not full HD but are watchable and free. There box is not XBMC or Kodi based so it is really easy to use. It does have XBMC installed (probably Kodi now as we have had ours for a while) but we have no need to use the XBMC on it. They also do the IPTV package with all the HD channels for around 18 euros (I think) I tried it and it was very good with all the channels in full HD. But as I don't watch much TV , I don't have much need for a paid monthly subscription. While I remember they was doing free trials of their IPTV service and think they still do.  So that may be of interest to some of you. 

I hope this has helped a bit.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Obtaining my NIE in Murcia - 3 posts
iberia Flights Malaga - Madrid - Manchester - 3 posts
apprenticeships in catering - 2 posts
Squatters - 14 posts
The new forum for Almeria - 0 posts
Electricity Costs in Spain - 2 posts
Exchange rate - 3 posts
If i've paid for information - should my lawyer allow me to see it? - 10 posts
Sell in Spain - 22 posts
car hire Malaga airport with Europcar - 4 posts
Ex Pats are on a roll...... - 19 posts
Elderly care? - 5 posts
Pool Fence questions? - 0 posts
Stair lifts - 0 posts
Hello Almerimar, Almeria - 1 posts
Spanish Judge Violates Global Rule, Makes Bank President & Former IMF Chief Pay for Financial Crimes - 1 posts
How does that work then? - 4 posts
Viva Estates - 6 posts
Is 'now' the time to buy in Spain… is the wait finally over? - 88 posts
nissian micra for sale - 2 posts
Property Management Recommendations - Santiago De La Ribera/Lo Pagan Area - 4 posts
Going to Court - 4 posts
Introducing myself, Cristian de la Torre - 0 posts
Mountain Bikes for sale - 0 posts
Domyos VE680 cross trainer - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 38

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x