Buying a Car

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Feb 2015 5:36 PM by Seashells Star rating in Suffolk / Limaria. 81 posts Send private message

I need your help, in June we are moving to Arboleas region and will need a car. I have asked and read many times about buying in Spain or buying a LHD in England and driving over. It looks more like buying in Spain is the better option, but where to go is the question. We only want a small car, Fiesta or 206 something like that, but from a good dealer, someone we can trust and someone who will help with the transfer paperwork. Any thoughts or ideas please, I need to get my wife of my back and sort this.

Thanks

Like 0      
02 Feb 2015 5:41 PM by Seashells Star rating in Suffolk / Limaria. 81 posts Send private message

By the way, I have read about all the pitfalls when buying a car, I know the questions I need to ask and the paperwork I need to get. Ideas about insurance companies would help though as well. many thanks

Like 0      
02 Feb 2015 6:35 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

Seashells,

There is a forum local to this area which I think would be better in dealing with this particular query.

Like 0      
03 Feb 2015 9:15 AM by Seashells Star rating in Suffolk / Limaria. 81 posts Send private message

I am a member of this forum and have been for 5 years, I look at it every day.I am also prepared to travel up to an hour or two in any direction to get the right used car.This will take in an area down to Almeria and up to Alicante, I also trust the readers of EOS, that's why I,m asking.

Like 0      
03 Feb 2015 9:34 AM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

For non complexity of government paperwork it is advisible to buy local to your area for, as you know, every Ayuntamiento is responsible for its road tax and believe me they are a p in the a when it comes to changing the data. 

Like 0      
03 Feb 2015 9:42 AM by carl9 Star rating. 136 posts Send private message

Hi, I would look for a Gestoria in your local area that can assist with the checks. Your estate agent will know of one.

I have a great guy ( English) who looks after the  best insurance for all 4 of our cars in spain and my scooter and the house insurance. He is based in Spain and arranges everything. I just pay he premium - so simple!

happy to give his name and details if you email me ( tcarlw3@aol.com)

Regards,, Carl

Like 0      
03 Feb 2015 9:43 AM by Jimbofinn Star rating in Chiclana De La Front.... 224 posts Send private message

Jimbofinn´s avatar

Hiya, check out the following link, it may give you a little piece of mind when making your purchase:

http://www.thinkspain.com/news-spain/25458/second-hand-goods-bought-in-spain-subject-to-two-year-guarantee

Regards

Like 0      
03 Feb 2015 1:13 PM by johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

I bought a car from Ford Galera, opposite Dos Mares Mall between San. Javier and San Pedro. They handled all the paperwork. I got insurance from "British Insurance" in La Zenia next to Mercadonna. They speak good Enlish. Make sure you've got proof of your no claims bonus.

Like 0      
03 Feb 2015 5:54 PM by magoo Star rating. 41 posts Send private message

Hi seashells

i have sent you a PM

Cheers

Like 0      
03 Feb 2015 6:04 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

This is a good place near Murcia Airport----  http://www.kalydautos.com/

Like 0      
03 Feb 2015 6:04 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

This is a good place near Murcia Airport----  http://www.kalydautos.com/

Like 0      
05 Feb 2015 7:55 AM by Seashells Star rating in Suffolk / Limaria. 81 posts Send private message

Thanks everyone for your response to my question, I guess the best think is to hire a car and when we get there to drive around until we find what we like at the price we can afford. ( 6000 )

I just hoped there was a a garage / showroom within 100km of Albox that could be recommended as trust worthy, helpful and good prices.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

medical certs for driving - 2 posts
Electrician in torrevieja . - 0 posts
When Tax Free Permanent Health Insurance is your only income - 0 posts
deborah - 1 posts
Good gestoria in Fuengirola - 4 posts
Assistance with locating a property to purchase in Andalucia - 1 posts
Reply problem - 1 posts
Reply problem - 9 posts
Inheritance tax in Andalucia - 4 posts
Civil Service pensions - 0 posts
FOR SALE TITLEIST DCI 990 IRONS - 1 posts
The Flintstones - 0 posts
la Nucia or Almoradi - 0 posts
Weather this week - 3 posts
TV Opportunity - 5 posts
work opportunities for native english speaking teacher of spanish and french - 0 posts
Long lets in Lake Vinuela - 0 posts
advice on living in villas del duque - 4 posts
Moving to Spain For A Year Tax and Medical Care Questions - 6 posts
DRIVING BACK TO THE UK IN OUR SPANISH INSURED, PLATED AND ITV'd LEFT HAND DRIVE ALFA ROMEO - 10 posts
Voting rules for Statutes - 0 posts
Spanish Police Advice - 26 posts
MUMMYS HELP Need advice on schools areas - 2 posts
Bank being Puniched by Public Attorney in regard to Law 57/68 - 3 posts
Do you now Sotogrande-Alcaidesa area? - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x