Car Car Car, what to do ?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Jan 2015 10:04 AM by Seashells Star rating in Suffolk / Limaria. 81 posts Send private message

Drive over in my RH Focus and then PX once I,ve settled in. No, sell your car in England and buy a LH in Spain when you get there. No, sell your Focus in England then buy a Spanish registered car in England and drive it to Spain. 

There seems to be lots of different ways to get a car, but which is the best ? 

I also thought of someone who might be coming back to England this year, if they are coming back between Fef & April and you have a small car like a Ford Fiesta or Peugeot 206. Perhaps we could talk, I will do all the necessary checks for outstanding loans, ITV, car Tax, NIE etc. I am moving to Spain in June, perhaps this could work for both of us.

What to do, what to do.

Like 0      
01 Jan 2015 10:35 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

You will have to decide, one things for sure your RHD Focus will be worth next to nothing here in Spain - There's no market for it! only the occasional returning expat.

I've bought over two Spanish reg cars from the UK in the last eight years, both without any hassle - the first one I even sold at a small profit which is a novelty. Just make sure you get the following.

1/ Tajeta Tecnica De Vehiculos,
2/ Permissio De Circulacion,
3/ Previous Owners Passport,
4/ Previous Owners NI Number, 
5/ Compraventa (Sale Contract) Signed By the Vendedor (Previous Owner),
6/ Traffico Report showing no Fines/Accidents or Embargo’s,
7/ Previous Sumo (Road Tax) receipts 

If you accept nothing less than the above you will be fine, do not let a dealer say 'I will forward it on to you',get the Compraventa filled up in the UK before you set off along with full insurance and check the Tajeta Tecnica for ITV (MOT) information if the car is over four years old

Like 0      
01 Jan 2015 10:56 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

If this car has all the correct paperwork I doesn't look a bad buy - 1.6 diesel automatic 50k miles

And look here for almost identical model in Spain - in fact it could be the same car!!

This message was last edited by Team GB on 01/01/2015.

Like 0      
01 Jan 2015 12:21 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Seashells

There seems to be lots of different ways to get a car, but which is the best ? 

The choices are mainly about cost

1. How much would you have to pay for a car in Spain and how much would you get part ex for your UK car

2. How much would you have to pay for a Spanish car in UK and how much would you get part ex for your UK car

3. When driving a UK car to Spain - price of ferry, tolls, meals, accomodation (if needed) and fuel etc vs flying

4. Your budget

5. Complexity vs simple do a list (paperwork, insurance, long drive, short flights, pros & cons etc etc)

Do the sums and the answer will be clear - good luck

Like 0      
01 Jan 2015 4:51 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Buy a car in Spain the the best time to do this is in the winter you can fly over flights are around 60 euro and hire a car for 25 euro a week at that price it will give you plenty of time to look for a LHD car with all the legal paperwork.If you  take a UK car over it will cost you about £450 on the ferry and then their is the cost of the fuel and when you sell it in Spain with UK plates you will get bottom dolar for your car good luck.

Like 0      
01 Jan 2015 7:36 PM by magoo Star rating. 41 posts Send private message

Hi sea shells

we too had the same problem but chose the route to buy in UK on spanish plates after checking car out ( ie: fines and sumo etc) 

we then got insurance thru our spanish address and got a green card so we could drive it in the UK to have everything done to it (cambelt, bodywork, and full service)

then we got it shipped to spain by AVL logistics for £650 off peak which I worked out as a saving of 50% when you take into account the cost of fuel, cabin on the boat and the 1500 km on the car after the journey

the cost to buy in UK saved us around €2000 when you look at the cost of cars in Spain 

take off the £650 @ 1.20€ = €780 which crudely works out to a saving of €1220

true a bit of hassle to sort out but was worth it to us at the time. 

Any more info required just contact us thru the messages system

cheers and good luck

Like 0      
02 Jan 2015 7:45 AM by Seashells Star rating in Suffolk / Limaria. 81 posts Send private message

Thank you all for the replies and advice, it is lookinging more to try and buy a LH Spanish registerd first here in England, and then with Ownership, ITV,Tax and insurancein place, drive & Ferry it down to Arboleas.Or hope that somone is moving back to England and wants to sell their car, small one not a gas guzzler

Happy new year to everybody

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Uncercounter fridge freezer - 2 posts
What's The Price of Fuel in Your Area - 15 posts
Large Endesa Bills Despite No Power Usage - 10 posts
3,2,1 to Martinsa- Fadesa´s liquidation-- Actions against Banks opened - 1 posts
Buying a Spanish registered car in the UK - 12 posts
Residency - 13 posts
UK Paper License - 65 posts
Heating help! - 16 posts
Merry Christmas - 1 posts
Another government cock-up! - 0 posts
Astra Satellite - 13 posts
TEXT Santa etc - 2 posts
Buy direct from owner and you will get a nice surprise - 0 posts
Buy direct from owner and you will get a nice sorprise - 0 posts
Buyer withdraws due to Fuera de Ordenación classification - 8 posts
Cost of installing a lift/elevator? - 0 posts
easyJet luggage charges - 0 posts
Looking for a job....Orihuela Costa - 2 posts
CAJA RURAL liable of refunds in Eurohouse, Fortuna development - 3 posts
Uk Car sale - 0 posts
villa salada - 0 posts
Internet - 7 posts
replacement coping stones for swimming pool - 2 posts
Hola Malaga, looking forward to speaking to u all - 0 posts
Have you read Platero y yo? - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x