Does anyone else find the "Eye on Spain" amatuerish and boring.Is it fit for 2015?

This thread is currently locked.

:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Dec 2014 1:08 PM by TTWHO Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

What would you like the "Eye on Spain" site to look like? Is it only me that thinks it needs a makeover? It is technologically on a par with a Morris Minor 1000.  It doesn't need to be a Ferrari but couldn't it just come up to the level of a Ford Mondeo. It has the look and appeal of a  '80s '90s school project and coming up to 2015 it deserves to be better.

Like 6      
06 Dec 2014 1:11 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

I find it fine and would not descibe it as amatuerish and boring and I think it is perfectly fit for 2015 and beyond

Would like to see who ticks likes and disilkes though which is being looked at

Like 11      
06 Dec 2014 3:02 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

Apart from the " like/ dislike" , which I think causes unnecessary problems , which if this site HAS to have them would prefer to be changed to " agree/ disagree " boxes , personally think why change a   " model " which works well and easy to navigate.

Like 5      
06 Dec 2014 3:13 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

So, TTWHO what are your suggestions?

Like 0      
06 Dec 2014 3:29 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

I think anyone that doesn't like it has a choice.......go elsewhere...or set up their own site

Like 12      
06 Dec 2014 3:36 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Eye on Spain is excellent it is just some people that use the site that are boring.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 06/12/2014.

Like 14      
06 Dec 2014 3:59 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

floella

I share your view but changing to agree / disagree would still yield the same

I would really like to see who likes / dislikes (or agrees / disagrees)

I have 2 dislikes on my previous post on this thread and I pretty sure of one of them, he dislikes far too many and is pretty consistent at disliking my posts!!!

T o be honest I doubt it would make any difference and what does it matter anyway but I prefer transparency insteda of "hiding"

Like 4      
06 Dec 2014 4:07 PM by broph Star rating. 147 posts Send private message

I find Eye on Spain to be suitable and appealing in its current form. It is not boring,So please leave it alone !

This message was last edited by broph on 06/12/2014.

This message was last edited by broph on 06/12/2014.

Like 8      
06 Dec 2014 4:26 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

I did write "IF the site has to have them..."      Think .. " to disagree is preferable to dislike "... as the latter word, rightly or wrongly,  tends to be linked to a poster rather than a posting. 

I know of no other forum with these " tick boxes" and am at a loss to understand their purpose...other than for scoring points re personal agendas which considering our only connection is via the www is pathetic.

I vote for total transparency by getting rid of them.

Like 2      
06 Dec 2014 4:58 PM by scubamike Star rating in Murcia province . 218 posts Send private message

scubamike´s avatar

I agree with Floella the like/dislike boxes should be got rid of If you agree or disagree be brave enough to put your comments for all to see Surely this is what forums are all about 

This message was last edited by scubamike on 06/12/2014.

Like 3      
06 Dec 2014 5:03 PM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

I find this site very helpfull and informative.

It has been a lifesaver to me at times with good advice

given.

coolyes

Like 11      
06 Dec 2014 6:01 PM by blueeyes Star rating. 64 posts Send private message

MoneySavingExpert uses a 'thanks' button. If you agree with the content of a post, you can click it. It does then list who has clicked it. There is no option to 'disagree'.  The number of 'thanks' you have personally received is shown alongside your user id - eg. 50 posts, thanked 82 times in 37 posts. 

The thanks rating helps me seperate out the  'sane' posters.

Like 1      
06 Dec 2014 7:04 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Facebook has "likes"

Like 2      
06 Dec 2014 7:13 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

Forgot about that, Tadd, plus  name is revealed. But can't think of any other site , other than this, that has a negative box to tick.

Like 1      
06 Dec 2014 8:49 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

When we started on our journey of buying in Spain, this site was invaluable to us. It really helped so much even Justin would give you input, if i was not sure what to do I turned to EOS and someone would help us. I wished I had found it sooner than I did as we did everything we should not have done, but we was one of the lucky ones that ended up okay.

As for the like button you have it on Facebook as has been said, so do not see what is wrong with it.

Patricia.

Like 5      
06 Dec 2014 9:18 PM by haydngj Star rating in ALGORFA. 403 posts Send private message

haydngj´s avatar

The only problem with eos is the silly people  who post about in a ngative way  like or dislike wha'st the problem? you don't like don't look

Like 5      
06 Dec 2014 9:59 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

This website is fine just as it is, it is clear, unfussy and easy to follow. Some of the other forums I have been involved in are so messy and complicated with the screen full of all sorts of information they are painful. The like/dislike options were requested by users I think and were meant for people who agreed or disagreed with a post but had nothing to add that hadn't already been said. Personally I'm in favour of them and know some other sites are considering them at the request of members.

It's the members who make a site boring or not, so if anyone finds it boring what are you doing to liven it up?

Poppyseed

Like 6      
06 Dec 2014 10:16 PM by randolph Star rating. 167 posts Send private message

so if anyone finds it boring what are you doing to liven it up?

Glad I didn't say that....!

Like 2      
07 Dec 2014 6:48 AM by wend691 Star rating in Lincoln & Rojales (C.... 179 posts Send private message

Interesting comments in response to the OP. I am neither for or against the likes / dislikes additional tick boxes.

I have been a member of EOS  for probably 6 years now (more of a 'reader' than full-on contributor) and have found alot of the threads really useful and informative. I do feel the 'fun' element that used to also  be on this site has dwindled and certainly, the number of threads per day does seem to have reduced. Why ? 

Like 1      
07 Dec 2014 8:05 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Home page stuffed with adverts and google adsense, don't like it at all but understand why. The content of the blog is variable and purely down to the individual poster, I think the blog is moderated to hard, we are after all adults, if I want to call someone 'silly' it's hardly inciting is it.

If it works, this is a link to the 'way back' machine showing the site in 2010, nothing has changed really it probably could do with a bit of a makeover. Having said that though it's a testiment to the skills of the former owner Justin that it's aged so well.

Like 2      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

This thread is currently locked.

Previous Threads

Cgt query - 0 posts
Cgt query - 14 posts
For the Moderator - 7 posts
Problem with long term rental of property - 10 posts
Means tested EU immigration - 8 posts
Moving back - 0 posts
Are there many of you paying mortgage fees secured with an illegal property? Paying developers second mortgage on the property you bought? - 2 posts
Polish in Spain - 6 posts
DARTFORD CROSSING - 5 posts
Contacting BMN Caja Murcia at Playa Flamenca - 1 posts
Entertainment work - 1 posts
You have got to laugh - 10 posts
Tool Hire shops in Murcia - 0 posts
New to the board. - 5 posts
guarantees on electrical goods. - 4 posts
UK LEAVING THE EU - 73 posts
Black Friday - 7 posts
The Future in Spain? - 11 posts
What are the best state schools in Malaga? - 0 posts
Help with window sizes/room sizes @ Condado Alhama - 0 posts
searching for a town to start a Bed and Breakfast - 1 posts
Taking your lawyer to court - 1 posts
used cars - 14 posts
Mifi box to take to spain do they work .? - 0 posts
What do you guys do in Spain? - 28 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 65

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x