Black Friday

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Nov 2014 6:25 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

I do hope that Spanish supermarkets haven't participated in this American practice, the UK TV footage reminded me of the looting scene in the movie Summer of Sam. angry

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 0      
28 Nov 2014 7:37 PM by casperruby Star rating. 165 posts Send private message

Its bloody ridiculous its the same yanky crap to flog stuff that people really don't need and the "sale ends monday" oh by the way its starts again Tuesday

Like 0      
28 Nov 2014 8:11 PM by Fartharder Star rating in Loriguilla.. 172 posts Send private message

Fartharder´s avatar

There's no reason why any country other than the US should have Black Friday. Black Friday is the first day of sales after Thanksgiving, which they don't celebrate in Spain or in the UK. I've seen videos today of people fighting over TVs in Tescos and it was embarrassing. I hope it doesn't become a thing here in Spain. They're doing  'Black Friday' in a shopping centre here in Valencia but so far it's not created an riots.

I hope it stays that way.

Like 0      
29 Nov 2014 9:17 AM by Woodbug Star rating. 371 posts Send private message

How can those annoying sofa companies that have a permanent sale do Black Fridays. 60% off - Free credit for 5 years Free carpet, Free delivery.......... How long will it be before we see  "Yes - we pay you up to £100.00 if you take one of our crappy sofas away"

Like 0      
29 Nov 2014 10:15 AM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

Unfortunately Spain has also joined in the bandwagon. I have had emails from furniture stores, car dealers and Amazon.es about it. Carrefour also advertised it as did Media Markt. El Corte Ingles has a four day "Black Friday" sale as do some branches of Zara. Gone are the days when Spain would only allow sales at certain times of the year. Now it seems sales (2 rebaja, 3 rebaja etc) are on every week. Thankfully none of the near riots as reported in UK and US. 

Like 0      
29 Nov 2014 2:37 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

The best way of getting people to want something is to tell them that they might not be able to get it. My late mother told me of folk queuing outside a shop during WW2 just because someone else had queued before them, however they had no idea what they were queuing for, I suppose that this could be classed as organised panic buying. Why do folk jump to their feet as soon as the seat belt sign goes off on the aircraft landing, do they expect to collect their luggage before those who remain seated? Followers of Islam rush towards their death in order screw their allotted 72 virgins, that is other than for those who live in Rotherham.

It's a funny old world for sure.

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 0      
29 Nov 2014 2:54 PM by Conchi Star rating. 49 posts Send private message

I don't understand it either. All those people fighting over some non discript brand of TV. Surely they all will have one or more anyway. I wonder if some of those scrambles were faked...why should it happen on. "Black Friday" when it hasn't on any of the January sales etc.

As someone said, BF was introduced in America for shops to get rid of stuff unsold from Thanksgiving. What next, will we be celebrating Thanksgiving day next year!

Like 0      
29 Nov 2014 3:47 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Sorry, you've been beaten to it. Thanksgiving

And, no, I've absolutely no idea why.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

The Future in Spain? - 11 posts
What are the best state schools in Malaga? - 0 posts
Help with window sizes/room sizes @ Condado Alhama - 0 posts
searching for a town to start a Bed and Breakfast - 1 posts
Taking your lawyer to court - 1 posts
used cars - 14 posts
Mifi box to take to spain do they work .? - 0 posts
What do you guys do in Spain? - 28 posts
Rainbows over Andalucia - 0 posts
Weather in January and getting internet - 0 posts
over 50k property in partners non redisent name can it avoid new tax laws? - 10 posts
More no news about Corvera and Paramount - 52 posts
Lawyers - 0 posts
where to buy (Costa Maresme/Brava) - 2 posts
thinking of buying hotel room - 16 posts
What is the average pct for foreigners for new property - 4 posts
NIE Numbers not registered with tax office??? - 0 posts
Tryng To Find Marc Koehler - 0 posts
language - 3 posts
Menara Beach Complex - 2 posts
SIP card and free health care wewe - 4 posts
Pyrenees in the winter - 1 posts
Pay as you go internet in Spain - 4 posts
UK Self Assessment Tax Return - 6 posts
Liverpool to Malaga Flights - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x