where to buy (Costa Maresme/Brava)

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Nov 2014 8:23 PM by pony23 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

~~Hi, in a few years my wife and I are planning to move to Spain to live permanently, probably the coast of Catalunya north of Barcelona. I would appreciate some suggestions of some suitable towns to settle in, and also good districts of these towns. I have read about districts suffering from inconsiderate drivers/scooter riders, theft from houses including that you’ll even have the washing stolen from your garden, areas spoilt by too many tourists in the peak season and places being “ghost” communities because of property remaining unsold or being used as occasional holiday homes by absentee owners. My wife’s first language is Spanish and I can get by with every day Spanish.
              Being more positive, we’d prefer to be in a real local Spanish community rather than with expats; whilst I don’t like big resorts we’d need a place with at least a handful of largish hotels that employ people as my wife wants seasonal unskilled work maybe 6 months of the year; we’d need at least 1 supermarket in town; and a beach 30-60 minutes walk away with at least basic facilities like a loo.
               Bonuses would be natural landscapes with good walking paths like on the Costa Brava, or good road links for weekend trips to the Pyrenees or for getting to either of the 2 airports (better road links from Costa Maresme?). I have looked at photos of most of the main resorts. Tossa and Lloret de Mar look nice as do other places, but I’m sure some of you residents have some good tips and secrets about your home area.
Thanks.

Like 0      
22 Nov 2014 12:03 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

Have a look at Callela de Palafrugell and Llafranc, I recall the Hotel Llafranc in the 1970's when it was owned by a friend of Salvador Dali, he would appear immaculate in tails and halfway through the evening change into drag.surprise

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 0      
22 Nov 2014 8:20 PM by lijaloo Star rating. 41 posts Send private message

The area around Calonge is worth looking at.  Close enough to Playa D'Aro if you want the hustle and bustle and far enough away if you don't. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

thinking of buying hotel room - 16 posts
What is the average pct for foreigners for new property - 4 posts
NIE Numbers not registered with tax office??? - 0 posts
Tryng To Find Marc Koehler - 0 posts
language - 3 posts
Menara Beach Complex - 2 posts
SIP card and free health care wewe - 4 posts
Pyrenees in the winter - 1 posts
Pay as you go internet in Spain - 4 posts
UK Self Assessment Tax Return - 6 posts
Liverpool to Malaga Flights - 5 posts
Form 210 - instruct bank to pay from current account - 0 posts
tile or not - 8 posts
property in almoradi - 6 posts
Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System - wasting water - 1 posts
Seats on monarch - 2 posts
Increased water prices Hidralia - 5 posts
skip hire close to los alcazares - 1 posts
Advice on residency requirements before applying. - 2 posts
Firewood - 0 posts
Damp and Condensation- air bricks and damp proof course - 6 posts
Hi We are UK Family Mark & Kazz & kids - 4 posts
Questions about moving to Gibraltar - 4 posts
Jose Chillon / Fuenlegal - 0 posts
Spanish solicitor - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x