A Big Hike in Flight Costs?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Nov 2014 9:01 AM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

It sounds like the High Court ruling yesterday will open the floodgates and RyanAir, EasyJet etc will have to increase their prices dramatically to cover the cost of the massive payouts that will surely follow.

Presumably they may have to reduce their flight schedules so they have more aircraft and personnel in reserve to avoid future compensation claims.  Perhaps increase the gap in turnaround times between arrival and departure?  This will increase their operating costs and must in turn be bad news for the regular traveller.

I'm wondering if I should spend time today and book some more flights before prices go up!

Like 2      
01 Nov 2014 2:22 PM by pintor Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

Spot on, thought this would happen and now it will. Even so I wouldn,t fly with Ryanair again if they were the only airline? going to Spain (or anywhere else) even if they paid me to travel, W.....s the lot of em

Like 1      
01 Nov 2014 3:30 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

I booked in September, and was surprised to see how few flights were available, and there were no bargains.

I' m always getting emails  with special offers, holidays etc, but they are never where I want to go.

There may be £10 Ryanair flights around still, but they are never the ones you want!

Like 0      
01 Nov 2014 7:39 PM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Here is the article for other forum users who have not seen it yet.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/aviation/11201296/Flight-delay-compensation-open-to-millions-of-passengers.html

This message was last edited by nigel188 on 01/11/2014.

Nigel

Like 0      
01 Nov 2014 7:58 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Booked 4 return flights today for £270, 2 from Bristol and 2 from Luton as my brother is coming with us and we are meeting at Alicante airpirt. I manade to get 2x £10 returns to Alicante several years ago, all fees paid. A lack of flights into Murcia over winter and none into Almeria leaves us with very little choice.

Flights for March next year are around £50 return, so the same cost as a train trip to London!!

Mark

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

ATM charges - 3 posts
Help needed - 0 posts
Unsolicited private messages - 3 posts
Moving to Spain...marbella, estepona or benalmadena? - 20 posts
210 form - NIE not recognised - 1 posts
How to find someones address in Spain? - 0 posts
Urbanizacions in the Denia area - 0 posts
United Golf, La Tercia - 7 posts
Spanish authorities arrest 51 top officials in anti corruption drive. - 3 posts
No electricity for 8 weeks. - 21 posts
how to activate a new mobile home sim card - 1 posts
Internet Provider - 0 posts
Posts - 0 posts
Car Tax - 20 posts
atlas choice - 0 posts
Rastro at Paloma Park, Benalmadena (Arroyo de la Miel) - 0 posts
Anybody live in Southampton with a drive way to rent - 0 posts
Catastral value not shown on IBI receipt - 0 posts
Catastral value not shown on IBI receipt - 0 posts
mobile phone top up. - 1 posts
Administrator wont budge - 13 posts
Reducing taxes via pension contributions - 0 posts
planning register in Spain - 2 posts
Bloody frustrating! - 2 posts
Strengthening Upper Floors - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x