MOJACAR MOORS & CHRISTIANS 2015 DATES

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Oct 2014 3:22 PM by vems Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hello, a group of us want to come to Mojacar for the Moors & Christians Festival June 2015. Try as I might the tourist office, Town Hall  and other organisations simply do not reply. We need to book flights whilst they are cheap, if we wait too long we will not be able to come as flights will be too dear.  Grateful anyone can help so we can get booked. Muchas Gracias

Like 0      
18 Oct 2014 5:31 PM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

It is always the nearest full weekend to the 10th June.

Great fun and definitely worth the visit.

This message was last edited by Roly2 on 18/10/2014.

Like 0      
19 Oct 2014 8:38 PM by vems Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Many thanks Roly 2 - trouble is 10th June next year is a Wednesday, dead in the middle of the week, so will it be the weekend before or after 10th June?? 

Like 0      
20 Oct 2014 8:28 AM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

Yes, I see the problem.   The date is usually confirmed by January, with the programme and posters out in Feb.   

What about staying 10 dys and looping over both weekends?    Sorry!

Like 0      
20 Oct 2014 5:30 PM by vems Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Thanks again Roly - We have now booked and are coming for 16 days, overlapping both weekends and goind home on 20th June.  Might be my luck though that it is all very late next year and the main march is on 21st June!!!  My friends still not sure what to do because they can only go for 5-7 days.  Are you the Roly from Roly's bar - if so we've been to your bar. Cheers and Best Regards Chris

Like 0      
20 Oct 2014 5:43 PM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

Hi - no I am not that Roly (sadly? - depends how well it is doing....).     I am sure it will be one of those two weekends, and I am sure there will still be reasonable flights out when the date is confirmed.    The stuff on the playa on the Saturday is worth a visit, and I am always surprised that more people do not turn out.   The parade is always really busy though, so go early to find a good spot.

Enjoy!!  

Like 0      
12 Nov 2014 7:15 PM by ValJune Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hello - just joined this site.  I have an apartment in Mojacar so often go to the Moors and Christians event and agree a bit confusing this year because 10th being mid week.  Hope you manage to get to it I have a feeling that next year it is election time and they sometimes have to fit around that.

Like 0      
15 Nov 2014 12:56 PM by vems Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Many thanks ValJune.  I have heard that the election will impact on the fiesta dates.  We have booked our flights anyway covering a few weekends so we hope that we'll be there at the right time!! Our friends are only going to stay for 5-7 days so they could easily book the wrong time!  Whatever happens we always have a great time in Mojacar - fiesta or not.  We have an apartment in Marina De La Torre, a block at the front.  How about you - where's your apartment.

Like 0      
19 Nov 2014 3:40 AM by ValJune Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hello again, just had it confirmed by a friend in Mojacar the dates have just been advertised 12-14 June 2015.  Hope that helps you,

Like 0      
19 Nov 2014 3:43 AM by ValJune Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

My apartment is also in Marina de la Torre, its the complex named Miramar de Marina Golf I think just below you - you can check me out on HomeAway No. 72518.

This message was last edited by ValJune on 19/11/2014.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

installing air conditioning - 0 posts
Dog passporti - 7 posts
House purchase but no escritura! - 10 posts
Motorhome Cover For Sale - 0 posts
Have you had problems getting your deposits back on non completed purchases? - 6 posts
Another U Turn - 0 posts
Driving Theory Exam in Spain (in English) - 5 posts
18 month wait for appeal hearing - 20 posts
What would you sacrifice to speak Spanish like a native?!! - 6 posts
Photographer needed for set of one-off property pics (near Algorfa) - 4 posts
introduction - 11 posts
shipping wine back to Sydney - 6 posts
running a business from your home. - 4 posts
English Car Wanted - 1 posts
You have got laugh - 0 posts
Community Maintenance - 3 posts
Tax relief for property repairs - 1 posts
Leeds Bradford To Murcia No Flights !! - 6 posts
new rules for community pools - 6 posts
Hi, new to this, after some advice!!! Any help much appreciated! - 24 posts
Transparency Period - 2 posts
Dash Cams - 1 posts
Brittany. Ferry Guest Code - 2 posts
Brittany. Ferry Guest Code - 0 posts
heating - 14 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x