Calling All Murcia Car Hire Experts

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Sep 2014 9:02 PM by marke Star rating. 51 posts Send private message

Hi

I am landing at Murcia airport next month at 21.30 and want to hire a car.  Usually I am with my husband and go for one of the cheaper options but this time he won't be with me, it will be late and too dark to check the car properly. Can anyone recommend a hire company who won't pull all the 'usual' tricks, if so please could you PM me. Many thanks

Kathy

Like 0      
02 Sep 2014 9:14 AM by carmol2 Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

You could try Al Andalus who operate at Murcia and at Alicante.  They work on a 'full to full' tank of petrol basis so you don't have to pay at the airport for petrol you may never use.  Also, you fill in all your details on their booking form before you go, so one of their representatives meets you at the airport with your car, hands you the keys and off you go (no queuing).  We have used them for some years now and have always been happy with the service.  They're a small company and I believe much of their business comes from personal recommendation, so the 'tricks' pulled by some of the big firms are not practiced by them (or at least, I have never heard of any dubious practice on their part).  They have a website so just Google them.

Like 2      
02 Sep 2014 10:27 AM by steone Star rating in Santiago de la Riber.... 383 posts Send private message

Have a look at EasyOption.com. They deliver the car to the airport and also 'collect'. They operate on however much fuel is in the car when you collect thats how much should be there on return. They have a fixed price with no extras such as extra driver/s, glass and tyre insurance, extra cdw costs etc. Their one drawback is they only rent out on a weekly/7 day charging basis. So if you want a car for say 9 days you have to pay the 2 week fee. I am collecting a vehicle from them in just over 2 weeks time and their charge for 1 week is the same as most other companies charges for 1 or 2 days, thats before the other companies start with their extras for additional drivers, fuel etc. Friends have used tham and say they are pretty good.

Like 1      
04 Sep 2014 8:17 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I like Solmar from Murcia. Picked up at arrivals and taken a mile to their depot. Plenty of time to have a look around before driving off. Not pushy staff the last few times we have used them. Usually book them through hirecarsinspain.com.

Mark

Like 0      
27 Sep 2014 9:14 PM by marke Star rating. 51 posts Send private message

Thanks everyone, great advice.

Kind regards

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Summer flights 2015 - 1 posts
Cycling Tours in Andalucia - 1 posts
Ashya King - 37 posts
Another Paramount? - 9 posts
Vozplus and eurocable - 0 posts
Please recommend me A GOOD ESTATE AGENT - 45 posts
Whats it like..... Camposol Community, Murcia. - 28 posts
Has any one had the new digi boxes put in to regain English channels? - 4 posts
Help with multi agency listing - urgent! - 6 posts
Sky in Spain - 1 posts
Denuncia - 3 posts
Water connection - 6 posts
Car insurance - 1 posts
WANTED PELLET/FIRE BURNER - 0 posts
Weather in murcia end of September - 9 posts
Spanish Inheritance Tax - 32 posts
Advice needed ref roquetas de mar - 0 posts
tv with english channels - 13 posts
Anyone want a vehicle taking to UK in September? Free! - 0 posts
banco sabadel. - 26 posts
Helping with cost of living idea - 2 posts
needed second hand 1.9 metre satellite dish - 0 posts
tom8922 - 0 posts
Internal rules of a community - 4 posts
Court Fees - 21 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x