banco sabadel.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Aug 2014 3:03 PM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

hi

in may my hubby and i had 9 euros each taken out of our bank account

for our debit card yearly charge.

we also pay 15 euros every 3 months bank charges.

our account was in torrevieja but our nearest branch in

los alcazares advised us to transfer our account to them

we did this last month and were given a new account number

and new debit cards.

when I checked my account online they have now taken 25 euros

each out of our account which states it is a yearly debit card fee.

Before I go to the bank can anyone tell me if has happened to them.

or if it is correct. 

coolyes

Like 0      
24 Aug 2014 4:22 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I used to have a sterling deposit account with Solbank,  now part of Sabadell.  When I wanted to close the account, I knew they would screw me on the charges so I tried very hard to come to an agreement with them. They were not interested. To get my money out, by any means, they said I would be charged 0.5% on the total amount.  When closed the account they charged me just over £800 for the inter-bank transfer

Sabadell / Solbank.  A great bank to avoid

Like 0      
24 Aug 2014 5:24 PM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

I agree Sabadell are a rip off bank. Change to Cajamar or any other bank that have not lost fortunes in the crash. 

Like 0      
24 Aug 2014 5:55 PM by marcbernard Star rating in Marina Alta; Alicant.... 254 posts Send private message

John

Are you not being somewhat unfair in blaming Sabadell for something done by Sollbank?

Like 2      
25 Aug 2014 3:29 AM by Christine.L Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Get something learn.

Like 0      
25 Aug 2014 7:55 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Marc  Are you not being somewhat unfair in blaming Sabadell for something done by Solbank?

It's the same bank  Marc

"I used to have a sterling deposit account with Solbank,  now part of Sabadell."!

Like 0      
25 Aug 2014 8:02 AM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

Sabadell also now own CAM the worst bank in Spain who lost zillions in the crash and Nat West Spain. I think Solbank is now defunct. Sabadell have a savage system of charging unless you pay in a monthly income cheque of at least €700. Even then they still find ways to fleece you.

Like 0      
25 Aug 2014 8:35 AM by marcbernard Star rating in Marina Alta; Alicant.... 254 posts Send private message

John

You said that it was Solbank which charged you. Did Sabadell own Solbank at the time of the transaction?

Micky

Speak as you find, of coure, but I have several accounts with Sabadell and provided a steady eye is kept on them, as should always be the case with any corporate entity, surely, I have no complaints.

The main source of disgruntalment seems to be derived from the "free" banking which took over the UK's banking years ago. There ain't no such thing as a free lunch!

Like 0      
25 Aug 2014 8:55 AM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

Well if your happy to pay banks to look after your dosh then that's fine.smiley

I have free banking with Cajamar having migrated from Sabadell some time ago. Very happy I am with their services.

Like 0      
25 Aug 2014 9:04 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Micky, my branch of Cajamar charges 15 € a quarter for maintenance on a 'current account' unless one's pension/income is paid in.

My wife avoided the charges by buying share in the bank, 6,000€'s worth.  She get about 30 €  a quarter dividend, after tax is stopped.

Having said that,  for me they are the best bank I have used in Spain.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 25/08/2014.

Like 0      
25 Aug 2014 9:21 AM by marcbernard Star rating in Marina Alta; Alicant.... 254 posts Send private message

Mickey

I pay no charges to Sabadell!

Like 0      
25 Aug 2014 10:51 AM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

we also pay no charges to Banco Sabadell. They even send texts every time cash withdrawn or paid in.

As a resident  you will need an Expansion account and need to pay in at least 750 euros per month ( I believe this account is only available to residents).

We have had this account for a couple of years or so and paid for neither debit nor credit cards.

Forgot to add that we also receive 3% refund on utilities paid by direct debit.

This message was last edited by ayrez on 25/08/2014.

Like 0      
25 Aug 2014 12:07 PM by wheelrim Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Whoa! Being charged 800 euros to send money? They tried similar to me, I said, `OK, i will take it out in cash, see you tuesday`.

Like 0      
25 Aug 2014 12:15 PM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

With an expansion account you have to study carefully the small print or they catch you out. For example if you withdraw money with a debit card under €60 a fee results. ATM's have to specific types and have you tried sending money to a none EZ country in another currency? They have a list of 'catch 22' type charges. Beware.

Like 0      
25 Aug 2014 2:25 PM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

UPDATE.

i have been in touch with banco sabadel and they informed me that

the yearly debit card charge is 25 euros per card.

I asked them why they had taken 9 euros each for our debit card

charges in may. They said it must have been taken in error and would 

refund the 18 euros back to me.

that was this morning.

I have now been online and the 18 euros has been paid back into my account.

But I still think 25 euros each for a debit card is a rip off.

will be cancelling 1 of the cards before next year.

coolyes

Like 0      
25 Aug 2014 2:38 PM by marcbernard Star rating in Marina Alta; Alicant.... 254 posts Send private message

Mickey

I suspect that your comment in respect of other than an Expansion account, since there are no fees attaching to the use of ATMs belonging to the Sabadell network using the Sabadell debit card.

Like 0      
25 Aug 2014 2:47 PM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

Quote from information on Expansion account from Sabadell web site. As I said watch for the catch 22 traps. Or put another way without marketing spiel. If you withdraw money from any other ATM under €60 we will charge you 1% for the service.

"Get cash at no charge at all ServiRed network ATMs for debit withdrawals equal to or greater than 60 €."

This message was last edited by Mickyfinn on 25/08/2014.

Like 0      
25 Aug 2014 7:45 PM by davmunster Star rating in Carvajal\Belfast. 843 posts Send private message

davmunster´s avatar

Minor corrections:

1) You don't need to be a Resident to have an Expansion Account with Sabadell

2) It is 700€ per month you have to send \ lodge to qualify for no charges and moneyback on your direct debits.

I also discovered that not all Sabadell banks offer the same accounts. Some of the banks they have bought still offer the account options they used to offer but the Expansion Account is a Sabadell product and should be available from all branches.

David

Like 0      
23 Sep 2014 9:28 AM by muneeb2 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

nice post 

muneeb

Like 1      
27 Sep 2014 9:55 AM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

Can you change to an Expansion account if you are an existing customer via an old CAM account?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Helping with cost of living idea - 2 posts
needed second hand 1.9 metre satellite dish - 0 posts
tom8922 - 0 posts
Internal rules of a community - 4 posts
Court Fees - 21 posts
Axiom Victim Help - 0 posts
La Renta tax rate? - 7 posts
Wanted - ladies and mens golf clubs - 0 posts
Buying in Spain - 5 posts
UK Car or Spanish Car?? Would love some advice please. - 15 posts
condado de alhama - 3 posts
Sun blinds - 4 posts
Over 2 millions visits to El Blog de Maria - 0 posts
Is their a Royal Thai Embassy in Malaga? - 6 posts
Bowling - 2 posts
Marbella IBI and Basura 2014 - 0 posts
President by ballot - 13 posts
Goods in Transit Insurance - 2 posts
WiFi internet Guardamar Community Costa Blanca - 0 posts
CABLE TV BENALMADENA - 0 posts
service??? - 2 posts
How to ship a large parcel from Spain to u.k - 12 posts
My UK car - 2 posts
Not new, but..... - 6 posts
Legal tip 1192. Clients deciding on Actions against Banks - 19 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 27

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x