newby needs help!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Aug 2014 4:01 PM by elbee403 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi I am a president of a community tenerife.  I have been president for more than 4 years. I have been told by my administrator that a new law passed recently means that if owners dont agree with things voted by majority in the agm they can legally withold part of their community fees for the works I.e security cameras.  Has anyone else had this problem please?

Like 0      
06 Aug 2014 4:32 PM by noddy Star rating. 150 posts Send private message

my understanding is that this applies to large capital projects costing more than 25% of the budget then objectors have the right not to pay for that element of the budget eg if a new swimming pool was built.

imagine the problemsif it aplies to a bit of planting, working out quotas would be a nightmare

Nick

Like 1      
06 Aug 2014 4:41 PM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

06 Aug 2014 4:43 PM by elbee403 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Thanks Nick,   Our complex has 208 apartments of which over 160 are "other than Spanish". It is the Spanish element who say they will not pay towards the night concierge (15,000 pa), the changing of the keys to non copiables to stop everyone from other complexes using ours as a short cut to theirs, there are mony people who do not live n the complex who have keys and the majority of owners want to stop it, also Sky sports (about 1,000 per year) so the amount altogether is about 25,000 max.  It is going to be a nightmare trying to exclude the amounts they will not pay, we have enough debtors as it is!! Linda

Like 1      
06 Aug 2014 4:46 PM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

juansheetisplenty´s avatar

According to my link, and Maria 3/5ths vote is required for concierge. Let's hope she will opine.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Spains retro asset grab on Pensioners - 4 posts
capital gains tax when selling property - 4 posts
DRIVING UK-SPAIN / SPAIN-UK please read below - 0 posts
TORREVIEJA VERSUS VILLAMARTIN. - 1 posts
recommendations for hotels near murcia court - 4 posts
Glaucoma and Cataract Operation - 0 posts
New to Forum - 3 posts
Spain registered car in uk ( originally uk registered) - 5 posts
Internet - 13 posts
Advice needed on air con, villa Martin Costa blanca area - 3 posts
night view of spain from satellite - 0 posts
Salamanca - 4 posts
Bank Guarantee case won but still no refund - 57 posts
hand luggage with easyjet. - 2 posts
information regarding car - 3 posts
advice needed - 7 posts
Golf partner - 1 posts
Ezmar Locksmiths - Las Chapas - 0 posts
Car Insurance - 6 posts
Advertising in local press - 0 posts
Driving licence - 0 posts
Spanish driving licence - 0 posts
Selling SMA follow-on milk 6 month to 12 - 0 posts
SMA follow-on milk 6 month to 12. - 0 posts
terraces - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x