TORREVIEJA VERSUS VILLAMARTIN.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Aug 2014 5:28 PM by HERBY Star rating. 33 posts Send private message

HI ALL,

COULD ANYONE PLEASE GIVE ME A PIECE OF ADVICE.

SOMEONE I KNOW WOULD LIKE TO MOVE TO COSTA

BLANCA.HE ASKED ME TO FIND OUT WHICH OF THE

TWO TOWNS WOULD BE BEST TO SETTLE IN ,EITHER

VILLAMARTIN OR TORREVIEJA,FROM EXPERIENCED

PEOPLE WHO LIVE IN ANY OF THOSE TWO PLACES.

IN TERMS OF AMENITIES, SHOPS , BANKS ,DOCTORS

COST OF LIVING ETC. AND ANY OTHER INFO .

WHAT IS THE LOCAL COUNCIL LIKE.HE THINKS NOW

IS THE TIME TO BUY AS PROPERTIES ARE AT ROCK

BOTTOM PRICES,PROVIDED YOU MAKE THE RIGHT

CHOICE IN THE RIGHT PLACE.QUALITY OF LIFE IS

OF IMPORTANCE WHEREVER YOU SETTLE

I WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL FOR ANY INFO,

VIEWS AND OPINIONS FROM ANYONE WHO HAPPENS

TO LIVE IN EITHER TOWN.

.MUCH APPRECIATED IN ADVANCE.

This message was last edited by HERBY on 04/08/2014.

Like 0      
04 Aug 2014 8:46 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Torrevieja obviously has more facilities and amenities as it's a large city with a population over 100,000 rising to over 500,000 in the summer (many Spanish from Madrid and other places own homes there which they visit in August). Many of the areas in Torrevieja are very British orientated especially to the south in Orihuela Costa. There are many areas attached with their own good and bad points. Shops, supermarkets, clubs, shopping centres are all in abundance. There is also a very good bus service. The centre is city living, it can be noisy like any other city.

Villamartin is much smaller but very close to the Orihuela Costa area. It attracts golfers all year round. The main Villamartin Plaza is the centre with bars, cafes, shops and so on. A bit of a hike to the supermarkets but plenty of smaller shops. Not far to the Zenia Boulevard shopping mall (about 4 or 5km). 

Personally, I would pick somewhere on the outskirts of Torrevieja like La Mata, San Luis, La siesta and so on. I'm not a fan of Villamartin and the Plaza can attract the worst of the British holidaymaker in the summer as can the Orihuela Costa. They are totally different off season but Villamartin attracts golfers all year round. I also wouldn't pick Torrevieja centre due to the noise, dog mess, graffiti (although the council is trying to do something about it).

We have lived on the outskirts of Villamartin, in a Torrevieja urb in between Orihuela Costa and Torrevieja before moving to our present location. We love it here but it has its drawbacks. Poor public transport and, again, gets extremely busy in the summer. Villamartin has a bus that goes to the beaches but nowhere else.

I think Villamartin comes under Orihuela Costa town hall, possibly the worst in the area. Virtually everything like trafico, residency etc are done in Elche or Orihuela as neither place has a National police presence.

Best thing is to visit and travel around looking at the areas. Guardamar is nice, lots of little towns around and property, though low in price, vary greatly in build quality. Our place in Villamartin was obviously built by the lowest tenders with poor quality plugs and switches, poor quality windows and doors, no earth connections to plumbing and really cold in winter. Our place in Torrevieja was a little better but our house now puts them all in the shade with excellent quality in comparison.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

recommendations for hotels near murcia court - 4 posts
Glaucoma and Cataract Operation - 0 posts
New to Forum - 3 posts
Spain registered car in uk ( originally uk registered) - 5 posts
Internet - 13 posts
Advice needed on air con, villa Martin Costa blanca area - 3 posts
night view of spain from satellite - 0 posts
Salamanca - 4 posts
Bank Guarantee case won but still no refund - 57 posts
hand luggage with easyjet. - 2 posts
information regarding car - 3 posts
advice needed - 7 posts
Golf partner - 1 posts
Ezmar Locksmiths - Las Chapas - 0 posts
Car Insurance - 6 posts
Advertising in local press - 0 posts
Driving licence - 0 posts
Spanish driving licence - 0 posts
Selling SMA follow-on milk 6 month to 12 - 0 posts
SMA follow-on milk 6 month to 12. - 0 posts
terraces - 4 posts
New Member - 1 posts
Is Justin Aldridge..................... - 1 posts
Advice? - 6 posts
9 Years on.................. - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x