Spain registered car in uk ( originally uk registered)

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Aug 2014 2:16 PM by steve and anita Star rating in in San Cayetano. 324 posts Send private message

steve and anita´s avatar

Hi all, we are returning back to the UK soon and need to drive back in our car as we will have our dogs with us.

The car originally came from the UK and was re registered onto Spanish plates six years ago. My partner whos car it is, has an English licence, will she be able to drive it in the UK and eventually re register it back onto the UK system, the car is also now over ten years old.

Thanks for your help.

Steve.

Like 0      
03 Aug 2014 2:30 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

If it's over 10 years old, you need to contact the DVLA for advice as cars of that age are not normally allowed to be imported (unless it's vintage or classic).

Whether the fact it was originally UK registered would make a difference is something you need to check with DVLA.

Like 0      
03 Aug 2014 8:26 PM by Spanishsteve Star rating in Surrey, Eastbourne &.... 81 posts Send private message

I can't see what difference a car being over 10 years old would make to DVLA, first time I have heard that. Search on the net re importing a vehicle to uk,if you are moving back permanently you may find restrictions on how long you have to re register the vehicle etc. you certainly will not be the first or last hopefully somebody had done it and can give you good advice. 

Like 1      
04 Aug 2014 12:01 AM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Oh, for goodness sake. Just because it's the "first time you have heard that" doesn't make it wrong.

Look on the DV:A website and it clearly states

Vehicles over 10 years old

If you’re importing a vehicle into Great Britain that’s over 10 years old, contact DVLA.

Which is why I said contact DVLA. Too many "experts" again. Now, how do you go around roundabouts?

Like 1      
04 Aug 2014 12:51 AM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

I think you were being very polite there, bob. Maybe a "If you don't know what you're talking about, don't reply" might have been better. Too much bad advice is what is making this site a bit of a laughing stock.

Like 1      
20 Sep 2014 11:52 PM by Spanishsteve Star rating in Surrey, Eastbourne &.... 81 posts Send private message

Bobaol, I bow down to your superior knowledge in this case. I did not say I was a expert, I expressed an opinion and had not heard that ruling before. I still can't see what the10 year limit would make much difference. As far as roundabouts go I go around them !

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Internet - 13 posts
Advice needed on air con, villa Martin Costa blanca area - 3 posts
night view of spain from satellite - 0 posts
Salamanca - 4 posts
Bank Guarantee case won but still no refund - 57 posts
hand luggage with easyjet. - 2 posts
information regarding car - 3 posts
advice needed - 7 posts
Golf partner - 1 posts
Ezmar Locksmiths - Las Chapas - 0 posts
Car Insurance - 6 posts
Advertising in local press - 0 posts
Driving licence - 0 posts
Spanish driving licence - 0 posts
Selling SMA follow-on milk 6 month to 12 - 0 posts
SMA follow-on milk 6 month to 12. - 0 posts
terraces - 4 posts
New Member - 1 posts
Is Justin Aldridge..................... - 1 posts
Advice? - 6 posts
9 Years on.................. - 7 posts
Royal British Legion for a Service of Commemoration - 0 posts
Bajamisdeudas ayudar reparacion de credito - 0 posts
A Warm Welcome From A new Member From Spain - 8 posts
FM Spanish Promotions - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x