Introduction and seeking trusted tax advisor

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Jul 2014 9:41 AM by stevep93 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hola,

My name is Steve, and myself, wife and 12 year old daughter are relocating to Spain in September. I will be in the happy position of trying out retirement, living off a QROPS pension and savings!

We have a school place sorted out with the Sotogrande International School - on the Costa del Sol between Marbella and Gibraltar, but no house yet. The plan is to rent until we figure out what to do more permanently.

My main immediate concern is figuring out how to minimise taxation, especially global wealth tax and inheritance tax, and would be very grateful to learn of anyone who has a tried, tested and trusted good tax advisor, rather than being exposed to the vagaries of google search !

I look forward to a long online association with fellow expats, and hopefully become a contributor as soon as possible rather than purely a beneficiary of advice !

Steve

Like 0      
29 Jul 2014 12:53 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Have you tried Blevins Franks ? Seems to be the  most trusted financial guru in Spain for  ex pats

Like 1      
29 Jul 2014 5:43 PM by stevep93 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Thanks Camposol

Actually I am working with them at the moment. However they promised an assesment of my situation with recommendations nearly 2 months ago now. They keep saying it's nearly done, but I haven't seen any product yet, which is a bit disappoointing after a promising introduction.  It has caused me to be looking for a possible backup plan, or maybe a separate opinion whereby I can compare the two for consistency or not. Good to hear that they could be a reliable source though.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Rules For Bringing A UK Registered Car to Spain? - 21 posts
Secondhand Car - 5 posts
IBI Impuesto Bienes Inmuebles Urbana Payments - 2 posts
Drought restrictions? - 0 posts
Estate Agents - 13 posts
Estate Agents claims - Paramount. - 16 posts
energy certificate - 0 posts
www.venderdirect.com - did you use them to sell property? - 0 posts
Estepona's New Bus Station on Avenida del Litoral - 1 posts
Road work speed limit signs - 1 posts
Fridge Removal :to repair or waste. - 0 posts
Petition asking for compensation for buyers under threat of demolition - 6 posts
abbygate lnssurance - 4 posts
Recommended Holiday Villas on Costa Del Sol? - 3 posts
Hello all - 0 posts
Zurich insurance - 6 posts
Wrought Iron gate wanted to keep dogs in! - 2 posts
police pension tax. - 12 posts
SPANISH CAR FOR SALE - 0 posts
Moving to Spain - 13 posts
Unpaid community fees at AGM - 13 posts
Going through the courts to get deposit back from developer - 4 posts
Bottle Fridge - 0 posts
Confused.com devious, or just plain ignorant? - 24 posts
Ship a car to Murcia - 16 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x