Zurich insurance

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Jul 2014 2:53 PM by pompom Star rating in London. 7 posts Send private message

Last year my bank persuaded m e to change my insurance to Zurich as it would save me money. BIG MISTAKE. My villa was recently robbed. I registered my claim and received an email saying they wanted to visit the property. I emailed back. NO reply. I phoned the number given on the email. No one spoke English. I phoned the number the bank gave me. No reply. After 2months I am still no nearer.

What I want to know is. When my bank arranged the insurance I had just paid another insurance. I was told no problem I had 30 days to change my mind. They would get the money back and I change to Zurich. I got my money back.

I have now heard that Zurich need 2 months notice to cancel a policy. Is this correct?

Thanks for any advice

Like 0      
22 Jul 2014 3:07 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

I have now heard that Zurich need 2 months notice to cancel a policy. Is this correct?

Yes, I believe this to be correct. All types of insurance policies written in Spain need 2 months notice from either party to cancel.

Like 0      
22 Jul 2014 3:59 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

But they often don't notify you of your new premium till  a month before, so you can't compare!

Like 0      
22 Jul 2014 4:28 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Or don't notify you at all!! 

Pompom, law 55/1980 will confirm what I thought

Google Ley55/1980

Like 0      
22 Jul 2014 6:57 PM by marcbernard Star rating in Marina Alta; Alicant.... 254 posts Send private message

The simple answer to the 2-month notice is to give a written instruction to the insurer (or the agent/representative) shortly after having paid the current premium that you reserve the right to cancel said policy at the end of the year, subject to the renewal then offered.

In years gone by the 2 month notice rule tended to be ignored by "good" insurers, but the current financial climate has caused a stricter attention to the rules.

Like 0      
22 Jul 2014 7:09 PM by magoo Star rating. 41 posts Send private message

Can I ask are you a previous customer of Halifax that has since gone to lloyds and on to sabadell 

we to have had a nightmare with Zurich (through Halifax ) and am in the process of cancelling our policy as we got a quote at 66% cheaper than what they have just taken out of our account after numerous attempts to cancel

we have been told that staff that transferred from lloyds to sabadell have to prove their sales to keep their position at the cost to account holders

Like 0      
25 Jul 2014 10:59 AM by pompom Star rating in London. 7 posts Send private message

Yes we were with halifax

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Wrought Iron gate wanted to keep dogs in! - 2 posts
police pension tax. - 12 posts
SPANISH CAR FOR SALE - 0 posts
Moving to Spain - 13 posts
Unpaid community fees at AGM - 13 posts
Going through the courts to get deposit back from developer - 4 posts
Bottle Fridge - 0 posts
Confused.com devious, or just plain ignorant? - 24 posts
Ship a car to Murcia - 16 posts
information - 9 posts
Claiming against Banks - 9 posts
Fancy buying a bar anyone ? - 5 posts
Taking Cat inside plane, to UK from Spain - 6 posts
Estate recommendation Playa Flamenca /Torreviejca area - 1 posts
L D Lines - 0 posts
Sky planner - 7 posts
Divorce and Spanish property - 12 posts
Return to Sender - 5 posts
The "shell suit" trash tourists have started to arrive!!!!!!!!! - 29 posts
Decision Made - Planning to Move to Spain - 15 posts
Yamaha 75 HP 4-Stroke Outboard Motor Engine - 0 posts
Excursions Business Query - 2 posts
Fire risk - 0 posts
Using your EHIC in Spain - 0 posts
Website Maintenance - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x