Camposol sector A

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Aug 2007 12:00 AM by Al White Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Some of the property I am looking at is on the Camposol development and I have done my research and found the problems regarding build quality, council adoption etc.

Having since spent the time looking around and talking online to some owners at Camposol I believe that it is only the newer sections (C and D) that suffer from the "holiday camp" image as they are tightly packed, also it seems that only C and D have had the poor build problems (sinking pools etc.)

I am told that Sector A is much quieter than the others and is multi-national unlike the newer sectors.

Legally the Sector A properties have their habitation certificates and deeds so no problems there.

So other than the potential knock on effect of C&Ds reputation affecting Sector A (which I suspect has already happened hence the lower pricing) is Sector A a good buy / safe bet?  If you're saying no then is there really a very good reason to avoid? 

Thanks,

Al.

Like 0      
11 Aug 2007 7:51 PM by sungirl Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

We are just back from Mazarron Country Club, and visited Camposol a couple of times. Why oh why do they use such names as "sector A", sounds so Star Trekish! Sorry, cant help with your problem, we personally thought Camposol was awful but we are just tourists not potential home buyers. I'm talking about the bars and restaurants rather than the properties.

Like 0      
12 Aug 2007 8:37 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

If tourists don't like it then it does not look good for rentals!!!

The price may get people first but the repeat rentals [ which are important] often depend on the facilities of the location 

Also location is in property the most important aspect so if the facilities are not good, then re sales may struggle  

This message was last edited by rowlandsbb on 8/12/2007.

Like 0      
13 Aug 2007 8:53 PM by Jontymellor Star rating in Warrington & Cabo R.... 144 posts Send private message

Just check this web site for Camposol, Sector A is better tyhan the rest but there seems to be a cloud over all of it, read the meeting notes on the web link

Jonty

http://www.thenewcamposolcourier.com/min4.html

Like 0      
13 Apr 2009 1:46 PM by liza1 Star rating in Camposol. 2 posts Send private message

liza1´s avatar

Hi,

I would just like to make a few points to everyone reading about Camposol Urbanizcion, Mazarron.

Camposol, is the whole of Camposol, not sectors... It is one community, based around a beautiful 18 hole golf course, with approx 3,000 villas, majority with lovely gardens and swimming pools.

Many people have worked extremely hard for the community here, there are gardening projects, in various locations, groups, clubs, activities for all ages groups, plus many good restaurants, and fantastic golf club with evening events for the whole family.

I suggest this is a great place to live or rent a villa for a holiday.........

liza1.

Like 0      
09 May 2009 9:45 PM by nigela Star rating. 415 posts Send private message

We stayed in Camposol for 2 holidays last year - once in sector A and once in sector C.  We thought the villas were lovely and the whole area beautiful.  Both villas we stayed at had lovely views of the mountains and were really peaceful.

We are considering buying a villa here but are concerned about some of the negative comments that are being made - we would be grateful for people who live on camposol' views.

We have heard the following:

1) There are problems with subsidance on sector C & D - some of the villas have problems and some of the roads are falling to bits.

2) Some villas have a damp problem in the winter.

3) The villas are pre fab and therefore of poor quality.

4) Some villas have touristic licences and can't be lived there full time.

When we were there we couldn't really see any problems bar a few pot holes in the roads - have we missed something or is it just scaremongering.

Like 0      
10 May 2009 5:06 PM by sithering Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

It's scaremongering by a number of sad, self-righteous individuals who have nothing better to do.

As an ex-pat Brit living on Camposol I am embarrassed by the number of my 'countrymen' who constantly bleat about the supposed problems. They invariably claim to have moved to Spain for the relaxed pace of life but seem to think that it only applies to them.

For sure the builder (MASA) has all but disappeared without completing the infrastructure (like just about every other builder in the world....not just Spain) but they seem to expect the local authorities to wave a magic wand (as these people apparently think happens back in the UK!). Meanwhile on Camposol we are lacking proper recreational facilities (again largely due to objections from the same miserable old gits- for example I heard a few years ago MASA began building a football field on sector C only to be stopped from doing so by local owners who 'don't want this sort of thing on Camposol') but then again we don't pay any taxes other than IBI!

The only problem I have on Camposol is that I unfortunately live next door to one of these nimbys....

It is true that the houses are built to a 'price'. The place was originally envisaged as holiday homes for the Spanish. If you want to live in them permanently it's worth spending a few bob on improvements, as many people have. For example we installed double-glazing and central heating. Some people have also improved the insulation via either external or internal cladding- we will be doing that next! There are superficial cracks in places, but I have yet to see a Spanish house which hasn't, and as for damp problems, why do you think many houses in Spain have partly tiled walls? Some houses have had severe subsidence problems, but I understand this represents less than 1% of the number of houses built and are almost all localised in one place where clearly the builder got it wrong, and that these problems have now been remedied.

My message to the people who are not satisfied is (expletives deleted) go back to where you came from!

Like 0      
09 Feb 2010 4:48 PM by HMSM Repulse Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi every one just signed up to EOS, the main reason is that the wife and I want to spend our retirement in what we hope is a warm and beutiful country.

We have seriously considered moving to Camposol.

Then shock horror I get on to EOS and all I read about is burglaries subsidance come on folks don't just winge in the form of a noval let me have facts please, and if you have never lived there all year round please don't reply to my request.

Is it a quiet retreat with all the facilities a couple of retiring townies can live with and enjoy. Or is it like down town Afganistan!!

Chris

Like 0      
09 Feb 2010 5:05 PM by Al White Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Hi,

We've had our place on Camposol Sector A for 2 years now and have lived out there at all different times of the year, the most in a year is 4 months.

It is VERY quiet on Camposol as most properties are either rentals (so often empty) or retirement homes.  Any reports to the contrary are not true I can assure you!

You get a lot of property for your money and if you buy on the older part (Sector A) then you will be positioned so much better for access to Mazarron.  We feel that the distance of the newest sectors (C and D) from the main road is beyond a joke....we certainly have no regrets in paying a little more for Sector A.

The bad press also came from those later sectors.  Villas were packed a lot tighter and build problems crept in.

You will of course hear of many success stories and happy customers on sectors C and D but remember location, location, location and for the sake of 15 - 20k euros be SURE of what you are doing and don't just buy on price as you will more than likely think of it and regret your choice every time you have that 10 minute drive to get to the main road.

The main problem with Camposol if anything is that it is TOO quiet, it's set in a very sleepy part of Spain - forget McDonalds and multi screen cinema.  It's a great retreat but we found that we wouldn't want to spend all year round there (or anywhere abroad to be perfectly honest), we miss family in the UK and want the best of both worlds -  to be able to have a place abroad to use as and when we get fed up of the UK weather.  But our UK life is good, we are in North Wales and the problems of overcrowding/congestion etc that plague England are not our problems thankfully. 

The Spanish are slowly moving into Camposol now which is the best news for the development and there is progress on it being adopted by the council.  There are also moves to get rid of the horrible "Sector A,B,C,D" names - it may take time but it does look like they will be changed.

Sector A is by far your best bet and pricing is no longer  a problem with the market so bad.  You will pick up a lovely detached 2 bed villa with pool for around 150k Euros.

Hope this helps! 

Like 0      
10 Feb 2010 10:01 AM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

HI HMSM Repulse

As the previous poster states it is not all bad at Camposol but in todays market with lots of great buys and Banks like CAM Bank selling repossessions at cheap pices, you should look at alternatives

A 2 bed villa at 150.000 € is not cheap ! as they are available a few miles away from circa 100.000 € [ plots are only 150 m2]  and of course size wise you get what you pay for

Camposol problems are well known but have a look for yourself and compare with other alternatives

This message was last edited by rowlandsbb on 10/02/2010.

Like 0      
02 Mar 2010 12:49 PM by darrenj Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

I would like to know where you got your prices of 150,000 Euros for for a 2 bedroom detached villa, if you actually do you research correctly you can buy 2 bedroom detached villa from as little as 85,000 Euros on a 350m2 plot. It is people like you, that dont know what they are talking about, that give Camposol a BAD name!!! I have lived and worked on Camposol for the past 5 years, so to be honest I think that I KNOW what I am talking about!! If you actually look at Cam banks repos, you will find a clasico for 70,000 Euros, if you look at resales on estate agents websites you will find Clasicos at 55,000 Euros,

Reply to an earlier post, the subsidance you have problems on are D7, D23, D29, D35 and C15, if you look on sectors A,B and most of C and and D except the ones I have stated you will not be disapointed! value for money you cant beat Camposol, the properties are around a 10/15 minute drive to the beach and 45/1hr from Murcia and Alicante airports. I bought my property from Luz del Sol on Sector A and found them very helpful. I hope this information helps, and hopefully people will do more research before making posts!!!

Regards

Darren

Like 0      
02 Mar 2010 1:02 PM by Al White Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

What a wonderful post from 'darrenj'.  So because I quote a price of 150k euros for nice properties I know are on the market right now that have a superb location and large pools I give camposol a bad name, lmfao! 

Yes you can buy cheaper than that but you get what you pay for.  I would be looking to buy a "Rosa" or "Neptuno" and would only entertain Sector A, would want a very private quiet spot and a large pool - you simply cannot buy this for 85k euros!

The only problem with camposol are (some of) the old fogies with far too much time on their hands who like nothing more to grumble same as they did in the UK .. but if you keep away from them you'll be fine :)

I am actually VERY happy with my purchase on Camposol so I don't really understand what darrenj was prattling on about ... though it has brilliantly illustrated the only problem with the place (SOME of the residents)...so well done to you ;-)

Like 0      
02 Mar 2010 1:46 PM by darrenj Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Al, if you have a look at my post i was replying to rowlandsbb not your post, thanks for replying anyway!! Darren

Like 0      
29 Feb 2012 10:36 PM by Elainemc Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

We bought a house on Camposol A 2 years ago and I think it is a great place to live albe it only for holidays now but I cant wait to move out permanently.  We wanted to be close enough to a multi national community but have a nice house in a quiet area with fantastic views.  We have exactly this with our new home in Camposol.

The people who complain need to move on.  Camposol certainly is, the improvements of the last year have been immense.  People seem to forget why they choose to move to Spain in the first place.  It is for us for the laid back way of living so things take time get used to it and start living.  The sun shines most days what more can you want.

Like 0      
12 Apr 2012 7:15 PM by BlueMedInvest Star rating in Avenida Dr Meca Puer.... 2 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Spam **

Like 0      
14 Apr 2012 1:06 PM by Johno2427 Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Hi to everyone,

I have just been reading this page with great intrest.  I am due to come to Camposol in May to buy a property for myself and my wife to permantly live in Spain, It is a huge life changing decision for us having sold our house in the UK.  I have been reading forums for over a year now on Camposol and all the time the comments about Camposol seem to get better all the time, some of the comments from years ago seem to have the effect of putting people off.  I have friends living in the area who tell me Camposol is indeed a nice place to live.  Am I making the right decision, We are looking to buy on Sector A or B (preferably A).  We are both in our mid 50s and taking early retirement and intend to live on our pension.  So i wonder if anyone could answer me a couple of questions.

1. We will have an income of approximately 1800 euros per month - (no mortgage). Taking into account the cost of living, bills etc do you think this will be sufficient to enjoy a reasonable living.

2.  Will we have to pay tax on our pension ( it will be taxed before it leaves the UK). 

3.  I have visited Camposol only once and seem to remember it was hilly in places, is Sector A the flatter of A/B. (I suffer with back problems - albiet not too serious and can walk ok but obviously as i get older things may get worse - so looking to the future)

We absolutely love the area and are desperate to make the move next month I would be really grateful for any coments wether negative or positive to really help me confirm we are making the right decision.

Thank you all

Johno Johnson 

Like 0      
14 Apr 2012 6:01 PM by moggy Star rating. 58 posts Send private message

Hi Johno,we have lived on sector D on Camposol for the last 7 years and while we have had no problems with the house I would have to say the roads are not in the best condition but this also applies to parts of the other sectors as well.The biggest drawback with D-sector is you really do need a car as it is a good 45 min walk to the shops or bus service,that is not a problem at the moment I dont drive but hubby does and as we are both quite healthy it is not a problem,and we love it.

the money you have to live on seems adequate to me but it does depend on your live style,also the type of house you buy,pools etc cost more to run,and dont believe any one that says it is hot here all the time,the winters can be very cold so central heating can cost a lot if you have it.

A/Bsector are nearer the commercial centers and bus stops to local areas,and again depends what you want to spend your money on,if bars and restaurants every day or night are your think you can still have a good life  without spending to much,but there is always lots of free activities going on.

We quiz a lot and do lots of walks in the local beautifull surrounding areas which make cheap days out,even if we have a menu of the day in a spanish restaurant which tends to be 4 courses, wine,coffee it never costs more then €8-€10.

I think you will find your pension is taxed only once in England,being a pensioner also entitels you to go on to the Spanish medical system straight away

some people dont like Camposol because it is mainly british ex-pats,but we are happy with that as we speak very little spanish so most of our friends are british,so if you want to be in a spanish community Camposol would not be for you

There are so many bargains on the property market here I really think now is a good time to buy but have you thought about renting to see if you like it first.

As I said at the beginning we have been here 7 years never been back to England,and never have enough hours in the day to do everything we want.

You can Make Camposol your dream home, the life style is there if you are prepared to embrace it,or you can sit in your villa and moan about  the way things are done in Spain,the choice is yours.Good luck with what ever you decideto do.

Like 0      
14 Apr 2012 7:42 PM by Johno2427 Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Hi Moggy,  Thank you very much for your reply.  We are not big on going to bars every night (maybe just Saturday night out) so that should save some pennies lol.  What you have told me sounds what we are looking for, we will be bringing our car with us and I have looked at properties (on the internet) in sectors C/D it does look to me like you get more for your money in those areas so we are not completely ruling them out.  We are not so much bothered about a swimming pool of our own but hopefully can find a property with a communial pool for when the grandchildren visit.  We also prefer to live somewhere where there is more English so Camposol fits that bill by the sound of it, and the area also seems to be in a good position to visit other towns. 

As I am 56 and the wife 55 I am not sure that we will be able to get on the Spanish medical system straight away as our pensions are Military orientated and not old age pensions (I will have to check that one out).

Sounds like there is plenty to do with activities etc so that is good as we would like to get involved in as much as we can to keep us busy, we are not the sort to sit at home and moan about the Spanish way of life, we will actually embrace it, we have spent many years visiting Spain so I am sure we will fit in.

We did think about renting first, but at the end of the day we are intent on living in Spain, we have done Torreveja, Nerja, Benidorm etc but always found Murcia region more to our liking, and I really think that Camposol will fullfill all our needs.

Thank you so much again for your feedback, maybe we will meet you and your hubby one day.

All the best

Johno

Like 0      
14 Apr 2012 8:16 PM by moggy Star rating. 58 posts Send private message

Hi Johno,was not sure if it was the state pension so therefore wasnt sure how  you would fit in to the spanish health system.One of you have to be recieving this pension to qualify for the spanish health system,so you would have to look at getting  private medical cover till you were eligable for the cover.

I think if it is a civil service pension the tax has to be paid in England you would need to check with your pension provider.

I will start to recieve a state pension this year,so my husband and I will both be entitled to free medical care on the spanish system.

Regarding communial pools Camposol does not really have any,I think there is one section of smaller houses on A-sector were they may be one but thats about it.We did have a local restaurant on a-sector who had a communial pool for the whole of Camposol to use but as it was not very cost effective they did not open it last year.I believe there is one on the Country Club for general use which i believe is very reasonably priced and is only about a 5min drive from A-Sector.

This area is certainly not Torrevejar or Benidorm,but that is the reason we love it.Its very much rural spain,but if you are prepared to look there is certainly plenty going on.

maureen.

P.S.  A good site to check out on Google is Murciatoday, it has lots of information on Camposol and the local area.

This message was last edited by moggy on 14/04/2012.

Like 0      
03 May 2012 4:30 PM by Lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

Lifeline´s avatar

Hi,

We have lots of friends on Camposol and really life is what you make it. If you pay tax on your pension in the UK you do not pay it here.When your wife reaches 60, presumably that will be before you do, you will both be eligible to be fully on the Health Care System here( her card). Some people we know remain on the H.C.  in the UK and keep returning every 3 months for medication. Otherwise you will need private health care. There may be other alternatives. I often look back on 'search' on this site and get useful comments.

We had some friends visiting us yesterday and they have lived on Camposol B for 7 years. They told us that there are some very good  'buys' right now. Some people rent and take time to look around areas for a while. It is harder to sell if you don't choose right.

Best wishes. 

Daveil

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Villamartin, nr Torrevieja/San Miguel new 3 bed 3 bath terraced villa available till end May - 0 posts
Good lawyer in Almeria - 0 posts
Help with Spanish Mortgages... - 23 posts
first timer and not sure what to do !! - 4 posts
Help!...where do I HAVE to visit between Murcia and Seville.... - 4 posts
4+ bed required almunecar - benajarafe - 0 posts
Royal Executive Marbella - 10 posts
Rioja-Properties - 0 posts
hi - 2 posts
buying partner out - 0 posts
Hello - 2 posts
Jim - 4 posts
rapp - 1 posts
Storage Space - 4 posts
Lets Eat in Benijofer - 13 posts
Torremendo - 33 posts
ADMINISTRATION - 4 posts
Send private message to - 7 posts
david and jan brooker - 1 posts
Once they take your deposit does the romance die - 2 posts
New owner...anyone going to esuri bloque1 ? - 1 posts
philpne - 0 posts
MRI furniture package - 4 posts
Property price 'increase' reports - fact or fiction? - 7 posts
edith office - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 24

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x