Rental Frustration!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Jun 2014 9:26 PM by calamitykay Star rating in Costa del Swansea. 4 posts Send private message

Is it just my bad luck that every property advertised for long term rental that I have enquired about is apparently now let? Honestly, I have enquired after about 20 properties in thle Alicante - Torrevieja areas and although still being advertised (and on this very site too), every reply I have had states that the property in question is no longer available.

I keep hearing about the 1000's of properties empty, available for sale or rent but can I find one to rent? No!

It is SO frustrating - we are due to move out at the beginning of September and have been looking for a 2 or 3 bed villa, townhouse or bungalow - anything apart from an apartment - furnished.

We need a minimum of 6 months rental which could be extended to 12+ months if everything goes well.

If anyone could give me some useful advice I would be so grateful!

We are not looking for work but having taken early retirement we want to do something different with our lives (we are 53 + 55 yrs young)

I look forward to any replies :-) 

Like 0      
16 Jun 2014 8:14 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Kay,   I would be inclined to take a trip to the area where you want to rent and look around. That way you will for sure find what you want and maybe from a private owner and therefore pay less than through an agent.

Like 1      
16 Jun 2014 1:21 PM by calamitykay Star rating in Costa del Swansea. 4 posts Send private message

Thanks John for your reply :-)  I was under the assumption that the adverts I have been looking at on this site were from private owners as each one says 'contact the owner direct' and my enquiry has been sent to them. Most have been replied to although some haven't bothered :(

I did notice that in the descriptions of the properties there would usually be another reference number to the one on the advert and have worked out that anything with a prefix of HP (eg hp014), is also being advertised through Hope Properties.

I am hoping to meet with someone from close to here (Swansea) who has lived in Spain for the last 9 years, always renting, who comes back here for our summer months as it is too hot for them out there (lol). They have lived in some lovely areas and never paid more than 300€ a month! I am hoping that they might be able to give me some contact details, fingers crossed!

Like 0      
16 Jun 2014 1:55 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

300€ a month would seem very low,  even for an illegal let (which believe at that price it would have to be).

Like 1      
16 Jun 2014 6:05 PM by argarcia Star rating in Torrevieja. 23 posts Send private message

Hi, Torrevieja is quote a big city now and especially including the surrounding areas you would think there would be a lot to choose from BUT for € 300,00 euros (+ bills), you would not get much more than a 2x bedroom apartment: Also it depends on the time of the year, as during the 'season', those that do rent, tend to be for holiday lets/short term only. If you wanted an independant villa or townhouse (3x bedrooms) I suggest that in this area you would be looking to pay at least + € 400 euros p/m. Of course better to go direct than through an agent. Most properties on the urbanisations tend to be rented as holiday lets only, at least in this area. I agree that you should narrow down the search area to the area that you feel you would like to live and why, (proximity to shops, sea, pool, doctors etc), Also be aware of the actual cost as well as the monthly rental (ie. security deposit, payment in advance etc). Good Luck.

Like 1      
16 Jun 2014 6:22 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

I know the guy that owns this site and i would have thought if he is saying his properties are for rent they will be,it all comes down to what area you want to rent.http://www.murciaservices.com/property/property-for-rent.cfm

Like 0      
16 Jun 2014 7:13 PM by calamitykay Star rating in Costa del Swansea. 4 posts Send private message

Hi there guys and thanks for your comments :-) 

John, the couple I mentioned would certainly never dream of doing anything illegal, they are both retired doctors. There are also properties being advertised here on EoS for €300 a month.

Argacia, I understand whatyou are saying, but again on this very site, there are many properties being advertised in various urbanisations (eg Dona Pepa in Ciudad Quesada) for long lets, there are just none available for the time we are coming out. We aren't tied to any particular area really, the only real priority is tht we are no more than 1 hour away from an airport. We would actually prefer a smaller village / community as that is what we are used to. As avid cyclists, walkers and swimmers we are not looking for nightlufe. As long as we can get to a supermarket / local market for food we will be over the moon. :-) 

Newworld, thanks for the link, have had aquick look and there are a few places for €350 a month. Pity we are not golfers lol!!

And so the search goes on............................

Like 0      
16 Jun 2014 7:27 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

I dont play golf but ive had 2 properties on La Torre, i love my time there, with the rents on La Torre you will get free internet as with all these resorts they will be very very quiet out of season as with most places good to have a car. I know another resort nice1 bed apt for under 200 euro pcm ( golf course shut down ). Good Luck i hope you find what your looking for.

Like 1      
16 Jun 2014 8:29 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

we have properties on Corvera starting at €250 per mont for a 2 bed apartment

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

licence groups - 2 posts
Santander bank - 14 posts
Santander bank - 1 posts
Where does Spain's political future lie? - 4 posts
repair to small tiles on swimming pool floor without emptying water - 14 posts
newbie with some questions - 0 posts
Need to pay CGT - 3 posts
Building Services Granada/Sierra Nevada needed - 1 posts
Getting refund of tax and fees on Ryanair flights. - 7 posts
Catastro Hacienda - 2 posts
Respect of inalienable rights and Ley 57/68 - 5 posts
Parking Malaga airport - 15 posts
Spanish mortgage debt process - 7 posts
"House Prices Will Bottom Out Early Next Year" - 18 posts
Action against the Bank - Concern over cancellation of purchase contract - 4 posts
Cancelling existing utility contracts - 8 posts
Best electricity company in Spain? - 3 posts
Home insurance in Spain - 0 posts
Spanish sport..... - 1 posts
Car hiring in Spain - 17 posts
Aifos developments where Bank Guaranteed have been found - 7 posts
Spanish Mortgage Shortfall and UK Bankruptcy - 28 posts
Spanish Mortgage Shortfall - Chasing Debt In UK - 9 posts
Cleaner Required Near Campoamore - 0 posts
Lost UK TV channels - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x