Parking Malaga airport

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Jun 2014 10:48 AM by smccartney Star rating in Jerez. 84 posts Send private message

Hi folks,

I´m travelling home (Belfast) from Jerez via Malaga airport 27th June for 3 weeks. I was wondering if anyone could suggest a place for cheap or free parking. Do any of the train stations on the line to the airport have cheap or free parking

Cheers

Stephen

Like 0      
11 Jun 2014 11:19 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

The local train line runs from Malaga city to Fuengirola. Almost all station have ‘free parking’ nearby, i.e. in the road. ( However, I have a personal thing about people using the highway as a long term car park). But three weeks does not seem unreasonable. I know in some towns the town hall have passed by laws regarding vehicles being parked for more than a set period in the same place on a public road.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 11/06/2014.

Like 0      
11 Jun 2014 11:45 AM by smccartney Star rating in Jerez. 84 posts Send private message

Thanks for the reply,

Could you recocomend one in particular, even with cheap pay-parking. Parking at the airport is ridulous; it would be cheaper to travel by trains (3).

Like 0      
11 Jun 2014 1:05 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I am not very familiar with all the line (http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/cercanias/malaga/mapa_zonas_malaga.html) but I have just looked with Google Earth at San Julian, which is the stop before the airport. It appears largely residential, so finding a road side space, which would be reasonably secure, would seem pretty straightforward, And of course if you are parked that close, if the worst came to worst with delays etc. you get a taxi very cheaply (minimum charge) to get back to your car.

Like 0      
11 Jun 2014 1:29 PM by smccartney Star rating in Jerez. 84 posts Send private message

Thanks again,

I see there is a car park at the next station Plaza Mayor in case of problems.

Like 0      
11 Jun 2014 1:42 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I see there is a car park at the next station Plaza Mayor in case of problems

I know there is parking there as it is a shopping centre, but I do not know if there is any secure parking. You would not want to leave your car in an open parking area 24 hours a day.

Like 0      
11 Jun 2014 1:57 PM by smccartney Star rating in Jerez. 84 posts Send private message

Thanks again,

I see there is a car park at the next station Plaza Mayor in case of problems.

Like 0      
11 Jun 2014 2:01 PM by smccartney Star rating in Jerez. 84 posts Send private message

LOL It's only a 10 year Polo that's seen better days.

Just want to be sure I can get it parked quickly somewhere with no hassle from policia or locals.

Like 0      
11 Jun 2014 2:14 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Just want to be sure I can get it parked quickly somewhere with no hassle from policia or locals.

Well you are asking for advice.

As I said I would not park for 3 weeks in a shopping centre open car park.  That was why I took a Google Earth  Street View of San Julian, to see if I would leave a car there. 

Also Plaza Major may be private property so you might get towed, and or, if there is no shopping overnight, then the vandals and the police may take an unwelcomed interest.

Like 0      
11 Jun 2014 2:23 PM by smccartney Star rating in Jerez. 84 posts Send private message

Your advice is very, very much appreciated and I intend to take it. Was just looking for a plan B in case of problems.

Like 0      
11 Jun 2014 2:29 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Good luck with whatever to decide John

Like 0      
11 Jun 2014 2:34 PM by smccartney Star rating in Jerez. 84 posts Send private message

11 Jun 2014 4:27 PM by Costachris Star rating in Yorkshire and Arroyo.... 38 posts Send private message

Plaza Mayor has it's own private security firm for both inside the complex and in the car parks. They ride quad bikes around the car parking complex and as it closes during the night your car will almost certainly be noted and they may take action in terms of towing it away. Trains no longer stop at San Julian so you'd have quite a hike to the airport.

At the La Colina railway station the car park seems to be used by train travellers but there are a number of local apartments that back onto the car park where residents park. It would appear probably the best place to "lose" your car in and amongst other vehicles and it's only three stops away with tickets available from a vending machine on the station platform. 

If you do intend to use a parking company at the airport I'd recommend Helle Hollis (car hire and parking) who I use several times a year for car hire and I have always found them to be excellent.

Like 0      
11 Jun 2014 5:12 PM by 1962 Star rating in Iznalloz. 181 posts Send private message

I have just got 5 weeks parking at Malaga airport for 35 days at a cost of 118euros which includes the company delivering the car from the airport to their carport and delivering it back when we return. I don't think it unreasonable, and if you book online there is 15% off. email: info@carparkingmalagaairport.com

Kathy

Like 0      
12 Jun 2014 2:00 PM by smccartney Star rating in Jerez. 84 posts Send private message

The quotes I looked at were about the same for 3 weeks. I don't think it's reasonable for the carparking to cost more tha the flight. It would be cheaper to take the train.

Like 0      
12 Jun 2014 3:02 PM by cazze Star rating in Altea. 12 posts Send private message

EOS TECH DEPT: TEST ------- please ignore

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Spanish mortgage debt process - 7 posts
"House Prices Will Bottom Out Early Next Year" - 18 posts
Action against the Bank - Concern over cancellation of purchase contract - 4 posts
Cancelling existing utility contracts - 8 posts
Best electricity company in Spain? - 3 posts
Home insurance in Spain - 0 posts
Spanish sport..... - 1 posts
Car hiring in Spain - 17 posts
Aifos developments where Bank Guaranteed have been found - 7 posts
Spanish Mortgage Shortfall and UK Bankruptcy - 28 posts
Spanish Mortgage Shortfall - Chasing Debt In UK - 9 posts
Cleaner Required Near Campoamore - 0 posts
Lost UK TV channels - 5 posts
Driving back to UK with a dog - 5 posts
Residual S1 form changes from 1st of July - 0 posts
New UK-Spain double taxation agreement - 13 posts
New Software for Mag 250 box ?? - 3 posts
A Good Reliable & Trustworthy Cleaner with References Required! - 0 posts
Healthcare Contributions For The Disabled - 11 posts
russians in spain - 4 posts
Best app to mobile calls - 4 posts
Thinking of buying a property in Spain? - Avoiding the pitfalls - 9 posts
Need your help and advice - 17 posts
Spanish Will - 36 posts
Double oven cookers Orihuela Costa - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 16

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x