Mobile phone!!! What's best deals???

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 May 2014 4:05 PM by cazze Star rating in Altea. 12 posts Send private message

Have come over here plan to get a mobile and simple over here
Tried to transfer UK contract impossible!!
Any suggestions on fones here ??
embed

Like 0      
05 May 2014 4:11 PM by dringman Star rating in www.Condadoexcursion.... 772 posts Send private message

dringman´s avatar

www.masmovil.es    if you have a smart phone thats unlocked  try  plan zero

www.condadoexcursions.com   Airport Transfers Day Trips Alhama de Murcia Taxi No 10  
tel +441212881323   +34 622714979

Like 0      
05 May 2014 7:40 PM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

juansheetisplenty´s avatar

Until you are settled permanently try http://www.lebara.es in both English and Spanish. That's what we use as non-residents. Calls to UK are reasonable and they often double credit. So let's say you you want a data package of 500mb at 10 Euros per month, you pay 10 Euros credit on your phone and it gets doubled, so effectively you pay 5 Euros. Also Lebara to Lebara calls are often free, so two phones work cost effectively. PS I have no commercial connection here.

Saludos

Like 1      
06 May 2014 8:28 AM by cazze Star rating in Altea. 12 posts Send private message

Are there any shops I can visit in person rather than on line.
As I don't have settled address yet to arrange delivery etc....

Thanks

Like 0      
06 May 2014 8:38 AM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

There are lots of shops sell them, usually newsagents and computer shops. You will need to provide copy of passport and address as with any spanish SIM.

Juan

Like 1      
12 May 2014 8:22 PM by worst0709 Star rating in Europe. 1 posts Send private message

Hi,

Coming as a tourist for a few days and planning to buy a prepaid SIM for a few international calls and data.

I know about the passport and address but I'm not sure I understand the Spanish pricing, in particular, the maintenace fees.

Some operators offer parking your number while you're away and if it's not parked it seems there would be some monthly charge even if the phone is entirely idle. Could you please clarify if that's the case with all the operators? I'm kind of prepared to accept that the advertised prices are without VAT and that there is a ubiquitous connection fee but paying for a prepaid number that is not used seems a bit too much.

For example, if I take Orange SIM Mundo plan (sorry, can't include links here) and add Alta Mundo 500Mb for EUR 6 per month, does it mean I will be charged something every subsequent month regardless of the usage? These particular plans (SIM Mundo and SIM Holidays) don't have much details but other prepaid plans like Ballena or Delfin suggest you must pay some reduced monthly fee if you don't want to pay the whole price for the plan.

I read that Yoigo is a very good operator for short-term data usage but, unfortunately, their site is only in Spanish so I have to stick to Orange or Lyca or Lebara (MÁSmóvil has an English version but their prices don't look convincing and their maintenace fee is apparently unconditional unless you explicitly park the number). By the way, do Lyca and Lebara also have this bloody maintenace fee? I know these operators from other countries so I wouldn't really mind trying them in Spain

Thanks a million.

Like 0      
13 May 2014 8:13 AM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

Lebara do not unless you subscribe to premium service, You will lose the number after 6 months of non use I think though.

Saludos

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Inheritance Tax - 30 posts
Long term apartment required for rent - 0 posts
Long term apartment required for rent - 0 posts
Will Astra 2G Reinstate UK TV in Spain - 5 posts
Working regulations - 0 posts
Looking for Work Mazarron Region - 2 posts
Tribute festival - 0 posts
CÉDULA DE HABITABILIDAD - 53 posts
La Caixa bank - 0 posts
RosieMac - 15 posts
Hola - from a Scot in Lebrija - 0 posts
Berlingo - rear parcel shelf problem - 5 posts
Building a carport but where do I buy the wood? - 3 posts
RTN news on Barclaycard - 4 posts
Are the Spanish moveing away! - 3 posts
IBI Bill - am I wrong? - 9 posts
Long term apartment required for rent - 2 posts
Another wierd question - this time electric - 1 posts
Online 210 form - questions. - 6 posts
Online 2120 form - questions. - 0 posts
UK CGT - 5 posts
mobile gas & income tax - 4 posts
Tax on Bicycles? - 16 posts
Expat rates: Get out of Britannia before you lose out - 0 posts
Changes in healthcare from 1st of July 2014 - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x