How to declaring rented apartmented in RENTA 2013

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Apr 2014 8:10 PM by Billy.Billerson Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

I've heard that declaring your rented property on the RENTA application can make you eligible for a bigger return. Early last year I started renting an apartment with the contract in my name. The problem is that on my contract is uses both the D.N.I and C.I.F of the landlord.

De una parte, ***** ********* *****, con D.N.I. no 00.000.000-T, actuando como Administrador de **** *********** S.L., con C.I.F. no 0-00.000.000, domiciliada en calle ******* **** no **, bajos, como la parte arrendador. 

Which number should I use? the D.N.I. of the landlord or the C.I.F. of his company?

Thanks!

Like 0      
22 Apr 2014 10:37 PM by lobin Star rating. 256 posts Send private message

Your landlord is the company so you should use the C.I.F. in your Renta declaration.  The person with the D.N.I is merely the company's representative.  That person is not signing in his own name, but rather, on behalf of the company.

Like 0      
23 Apr 2014 7:52 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Billy may I suggest you speak to the person you rent from before you tell Hacienda about your situation.  The chances are that the rental is illegal and if made legal, the owner/agency may have tax problems and you will almost certainly have to pay IVA on the rental.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 23/04/2014.

Like 2      
23 Apr 2014 10:51 AM by Billy.Billerson2 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

lobin: thanks

johnzx: Hi John, just curious what makes you think my situation could be illegal? I have a legitimate contract done at a fincas with a lawyer and it's written on a "timbre del estado" sheet.

This message was last edited by Billy.Billerson2 on 23/04/2014.

Like 1      
23 Apr 2014 2:57 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Because practically almost all rentals are illegal, albeit that often neither to renter nor the person letting realises. 

Out of interest are you paying IVA now on your rental fees ?

Like 0      
23 Apr 2014 3:23 PM by Billy.Billerson Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

I'm not sure. I checked my contract annex and the only thing that I can see that I'm paying Impuesto sobre Bienes Inmuebles

De su importe anual resulta que el coste mensual de los gastos y los servicios a los que se refiere el apartado
anterior, en la fecha de celebración del presente contrato es mensualmente el siguiente:

• Gastos generales: Limpieza y luz escalera 20,00.-€lmensuales
  • Impuestos: l.B.I.: Incluido.
  • Tasa de Recogida de Basuras: la que corresponda

Like 0      
23 Apr 2014 3:45 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

The IBI etc is the equivalent to the rates/council tax.

As I said, I would suggest that you speak to the owner before you claim a refund on the rent, on your income tax.  It would seem that concession was introduced by Hacienda to  find the owners who were not legally letting..

Like 1      
19 Jun 2014 11:59 PM by coleen Star rating. 84 posts Send private message

Can we talk about the Declaracion de la Renta where there is not - yet - a licence in place for renting. Is it best to keep completely quiet thereby committing an offence with both the tax office and tourism or to declare tax and get a fine from tourism. Just to try and clarify the property is a rural villa and the licence for tourism is in process but the going is slow and it has been over two years now. The town hall has told us to just keep on renting, 'it's not a problem' but as we need this rental money we are pretty scared that we are on a real limb. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

barryjw - 7 posts
Buying Costs? - 5 posts
neil (biggsy14) - 0 posts
How long can i stay in Spain, without the Spanish tax man being after me. - 27 posts
Use of UK Disabled badge in Spain - 6 posts
For Sale Baby Car seat and buggy 30 euro each or 50 for the two - 0 posts
Taxes when selling our house in Spain - 12 posts
Replacement Textilene Sun Lounger Covers - 3 posts
Cowboy builders abroad-reactions? - 4 posts
furniture for sale - 1 posts
La Unión - 1 posts
Hello Any Advice on Life In Alicante???? - 21 posts
Anything to look out for when buying a new TV to connect to IPTV? - 7 posts
Join 'Duquesa Astronomical Society' - 0 posts
Astronomy Group - Duquesa/Manilva/Estepona & San Pedro - 0 posts
1.5bn Euro of EU money goes missing in Spain - 6 posts
Reclaim IVA on new car? - 4 posts
The economy is looking good in the U.K - 12 posts
transfer to spanish plates - 3 posts
NAME AND SHAME - 32 posts
Will this incompetence ever end? - 26 posts
Growing loquat (nisperos) in the UK - 10 posts
Bargain - 2 posts
Homes Sales Down 27.6% in February - 0 posts
Banks are giving 100% mortgages again.... - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x