Opening a Bar Restaurant on Costa Blanca

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Apr 2014 11:03 PM by roonster76 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi everyone I'm after some serious help. I am opening a Cafe Bar Restaurant in the Costa Blanca region of Spain(Los Montesinos area) but I need help on how to contact brewaries for supplying the beers and also installing the beer pumps. If anyone can advise on this matter or any other useful info for setting up my new bar I would really appreciate it. I have heard that brewaries/coffee suppliers will offer equipment etc if you use them to supply your products. Any help is really appreciated. I have 15 years experience in the UK in running pubs and clubs so that side of things wont be a problem. Its the initial setting up that Im struggling with as I dont know where to turn or who to ask and its starting to become frustrating. Thanks

Like 0      
04 Apr 2014 9:14 AM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

Hi ive sent you a private message.

Like 0      
04 Apr 2014 11:17 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Where in LM are you planning to open?

There are a lot of bars in the village, too many in my opinion for such a small place and a lot have changed hands many, many times

I have edited this as after I read it and it sounded negative - so many apologies.

I hope to visit your new bar when it opens (which is why I asked where) and I wish you good luck

This message was last edited by Tadd1966 on 04/04/2014.

Like 0      
04 Apr 2014 12:47 PM by broph Star rating. 147 posts Send private message

Hi Roonster, firstly good luck with your venture.

Im not a bar owner just a frequent visitor to the area and as already pointed out it is a competitive line of buisness you are embarking on. The town and surrounding area is very nice and does have a constant population throughout the year.

Are you or someone in your "shop" able to speak and read the Spanish language ? If you do not already know, there is a lot of paperwork / licences / contracts to fulfill. For lots of foreign buisness It can be very easy to fall foul of local bye laws. Knowing the language is a massive boost. And then there are those who manage to make it . Best of luck

Regards Ken

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Community Voting - 3 posts
Driving to Spain with dogs - 4 posts
Car hire with pick up after midnight at Malaga airport - 2 posts
Helping 3 kids in India - 0 posts
Big Ben - 1 posts
Car Hire (back up plan) - 6 posts
Poker in EStepona - 0 posts
dining room table for sale - 2 posts
Spanish Public deficit nearly on target at 6.62% - 3 posts
Car & ITV Test - 7 posts
Do you need planning permission to erect a Log Cabin in Elche - 6 posts
car insurance for car not in use - 9 posts
From another thread: UK law: Innocent until proven guilty - 4 posts
bopmalaga es buscar.php website help anyone please? - 5 posts
Someone Is Telling Porkies - 8 posts
LAKE VINUELA SOCIAL CLUB - 0 posts
Lawyer just informed me I may need a Gestoria - 1 posts
Astronomy Group - Duquesa/Manilva/Estepona & San Pedro - 0 posts
Will Spain Follow Cyprus - 2 posts
Arroyo De La Miel Bank help PLEASE - 0 posts
Cars with foreign number plates - 39 posts
Help for UK TV documentary - 5 posts
Freesat & Sky program guide updates - 0 posts
UK to Spain - 0 posts
20 New Rules to Remember for Spanish Road Users - 60 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x