senore dude

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Mar 2014 9:03 PM by senordude Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

HI Everyone,

i have just joined this forum, so i would like to ask when renting in spain apart from the rent what other bills per month is there e.g. electric, water, i have been told when renting the community charge (comunidad) is paid by the landlord.

thanks

Like 0      
05 Mar 2014 9:52 AM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Senordude and welcome to the forum.

It really depends on the contract.  In my experience the usual contract will include all bills for a short term let (under three months) but will exclude water, electricity, phone, TV and internet for a long term let.  Normally the community fees are paid by the landlord.  Long term lets are often for 11 months and then can be renewed if both sides agree.  In practice there could be variations, but just make sure that whatever the deal is, it is written into the contract.  You will normally have to pay one or two months´ rent as a refundable deposit in case of damages.

Good luck!

Like 1      
05 Mar 2014 2:08 PM by ElviriaDreamer Star rating. 99 posts Send private message

ElviriaDreamer´s avatar

Also, don't forget, there is a chance that the deposit will not be returned to you at the end of your stay, even if you are a model tenant. Just something to consider and be aware of.

Rental properties are two a penny and everyone wants to rent their property to a good, reliable tenant. So hunt well and don't pay more than you have to...unless of course you find a dream rental, worth paying a little more for.

I've seen some real bargains at E200/250 per month and some lovely properties at E300/400 per month. As Claire said the majority include community fees on urbs and virtually all expect the tenant to cover utilities. Just occasionally, you may find one with utilities like water and electric included but not phone, internet and TV.

If you find a rental you like, just for peace of mind and your own security, I would take the time and pay the small fee involved to get a solicitor with good tenant law knowledge and experience to draw up/check and sign the rental agreement, before taking any property on. This could save you heaps of trouble in the future and in my opinion worth the time and cost.

Good Luck.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

non-resident UK Licence/Spanish car - 12 posts
Please recommend me a property lawyer, Malaga area - 2 posts
Worst Drivers in Europe - 1 posts
metal runners for kitchen drawers - 8 posts
Best and cheapest way to get to Morocco from Marbella - 4 posts
Taking furniture to Spain in my own van - 3 posts
Agents renting property fees - 0 posts
Usufructs - 8 posts
Embedding a Youtube videos using iPad - 2 posts
confused about mag 250 - 16 posts
Unwanted computer downloads - 24 posts
Pau to Jaca - 3 posts
Blogs - 2 posts
buying a new car in Spain - 25 posts
Spanish border on the northern Moroccan coast - What's your opinion? - 0 posts
NIE-- IN MURCIA - 5 posts
Does anyone know the right way to go about this? - 5 posts
British expats in Spain urged to vote - 1 posts
email's - 5 posts
Malaga Car - 0 posts
UK CAR IN SPAIN --- HOW LONG - 3 posts
PASSPORT CHANGE - 13 posts
Community Accounts - 5 posts
Community Swimming Pool - 0 posts
personal tax allowances in spain - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x