metal runners for kitchen drawers

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Mar 2014 9:10 AM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Hi

can anybody tell me where I can buy some metal runners to

fit onto the sides of my kitchen drawers.

the existing ones are made of plastic and are starting to

break.

I have tried to google a few sites but the only place that stocks them

is B and Q in england who do not deliver here to spain.

I live in murcia province.

coolyes

Like 0      
03 Mar 2014 9:31 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I just googled,  carpinteria cocinas murcia, as I do not know your area.  I got a lot of possibles. 

Any shop that sells the component for fitting out kitchens will have what you want. They are usualy situated in industrial estates as they supply to the trade, but also retail.    May be some ferreterías too

This message was last edited by johnzx on 03/03/2014.

Like 0      
03 Mar 2014 9:57 AM by kitchenman Star rating in Edinburgh & Jardines.... 64 posts Send private message

from experiance the once the plastic runners have gone it is easier to replace the whole drawer box and runners as the metal runners will not fit onto a plasic drawer box

you could try both Ikea and Leroy Merlin and buy just the drawers c/w runners

just make sure you measure the internal width of the units in question as there can be various thicknesses of carcass out there (15mm & 18mm are the most common sizes. )

ie a drawer suitable for a 15mm thick carcass will be 6mm to wide to fit into a 18mm carcass

can you sent me a picture of the drawers and runners in question and i will try to help you out.

kitchenman

Like 0      
03 Mar 2014 3:09 PM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Hi Kitchenman

i do not know how to send photos on here.

it would have to be through an e-mail address

coolyes

Like 0      
03 Mar 2014 3:37 PM by kitchenman Star rating in Edinburgh & Jardines.... 64 posts Send private message

sent you a pm

Like 0      
03 Mar 2014 4:17 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

If you have a Brico Depot near you try them as they are the same company as B&Q (Kingfisher group).
However, when we tried to get them in UK (B&Q, Homebase, Wickes etc) we had to buy the complete inner drawer unit.

Like 0      
04 Mar 2014 3:19 PM by Jimbofinn Star rating in Chiclana De La Front.... 224 posts Send private message

Jimbofinn´s avatar

Try screwfix.com when you visit the site, they state that they now deliver to other parts of Europe. I have checked and they do supply metal door runners.

Like 0      
04 Mar 2014 3:23 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

Screwfix charge £20 to deliver to Spain (free if over £100).

Like 0      
04 Mar 2014 3:49 PM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

thank you everyone for your replies

coolyes

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Best and cheapest way to get to Morocco from Marbella - 4 posts
Taking furniture to Spain in my own van - 3 posts
Agents renting property fees - 0 posts
Usufructs - 8 posts
Embedding a Youtube videos using iPad - 2 posts
confused about mag 250 - 16 posts
Unwanted computer downloads - 24 posts
Pau to Jaca - 3 posts
Blogs - 2 posts
buying a new car in Spain - 25 posts
Spanish border on the northern Moroccan coast - What's your opinion? - 0 posts
NIE-- IN MURCIA - 5 posts
Does anyone know the right way to go about this? - 5 posts
British expats in Spain urged to vote - 1 posts
email's - 5 posts
Malaga Car - 0 posts
UK CAR IN SPAIN --- HOW LONG - 3 posts
PASSPORT CHANGE - 13 posts
Community Accounts - 5 posts
Community Swimming Pool - 0 posts
personal tax allowances in spain - 2 posts
Missing, possibly stolen: Our beautiful Spaniel cross, tan colour, three years old. - 8 posts
Residency in Spain - 17 posts
EXCHANGE RATE FOR YEARLY TAXES. - 7 posts
12 Months on and still no date for appeal - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x