Sleep Well, Folks ;)

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Feb 2014 10:54 PM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

I hope Costa complacency isn’t misplaced. My ‘hobby’ lies in geopolitics. I quote: “The combat capability of Russia’s naval task force in the Mediterranean will increase following the first deliveries of Varshavyanka-class submarines to the Black Sea Fleet in 2015, Navy Commander Admiral Viktor Chirkov said.”

The Americans are adding considerably to their presence in the Mediterranean, especially Rota (Cadiz). This, and another base further inland are I believe the biggest U.S. bases in Europe.

Quite a brew if you remember that Iran was recently commenting on its missiles range, which include Spain. Not quite the sub-tropical sleepy lagoon we sometimes think of it being. Sleep well, folks.

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 1      
21 Feb 2014 8:17 AM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

The continued militarisation of the Mediterranean sea is the principle reason, sovereign issues, aside why the Spanish are so touchy about Gibraltar.

In the event of any conflict Gibraltar will be a cucial naval base for Nato as it was in WW11. There was another spat last week with Spanish naval ships entering Gibraltars waters during a military training excercise. Usual protests made to Madrid, nothing ever changes.

Rota is US sovereign territory, ceeded to US by Franco in return for aid in the fifties. No GIB style protests their take note.

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Just curious - 17 posts
UK TV Mar Menor area - 2 posts
Casares Del Sol - 1 posts
New ID card information, please! - 4 posts
toll road - 4 posts
Car Rental Malaga - 5 posts
Visiting Nerja, Alumencar, Salobrena - 4 posts
Iberdrola - In English - 0 posts
Is a UK Visa Needed - 4 posts
Inaccuracy in Nota Simple - 2 posts
I pad 2 query - 8 posts
BUYING A SPANISH USED CAR WITH NO DOCUMENTS - 3 posts
non resident tax murcia - advice please - 13 posts
Car insurance - 2 posts
Channel 5HD - 3 posts
Long term car hire - 3 posts
Advice on a Dacion en pago - 3 posts
Yet another 720 query - 6 posts
Becoming a non-resident in Spain - 7 posts
Dation Advice - 0 posts
jardin tropical,developer Larios 2000 - 0 posts
Monthly and Annual Costs of keeping 2 bed apartment on Puerto Marina Los Alcazares - 0 posts
Pet Insurance - 2 posts
How to get more internet speed from Movistar - 4 posts
hola - 19 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x