El Moscatel - Manilva

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Aug 2007 12:00 AM by manilvajl Star rating in Manilva as much as p.... 426 posts Send private message

EL MOSCATEL  (formerly Septimo Cielo)  is situated on the same road (as the Feria and market site ) and the Roman Oasis but just before it. This is the road going north from the coast road one roundabout east of the main rounddabout in Sabinillas. Go about 2kms up this road.

Mark & Ninke from La Mani (was in Sabinillas square near taxi stand, serve an international menu. 952 892 690

Food is very good but not cheap and the quantity is not good for the hungry. Not a lot veg. but the steak was a good size.

One of my neighbours complained about the size of his main meal and was told by the owner - 'I expect people to have 3 courses in my restaurant'

The country side setting is superb in an enclosed courtyard - ideal for parties etc.

Jeff

Like 0      
03 Aug 2007 6:22 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Jeff, I couldn't work out whether that was a positive or negative recommendation!!??

Never been there but didn't actually get a good review from some friends.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
03 Aug 2007 10:42 PM by manilvajl Star rating in Manilva as much as p.... 426 posts Send private message

Justin,

Its a neutral review on the minus side!! Better to spend your money at Venta La Chozo or El Estribo.

I hope that the owners of restaurants have the time to read reviews and take note. This would allow them to take whats good and make it excellent at almost no incremental cost.

If El Moscatel served a little more vegatables with the main meal and did not have 5 or 3 euro supplements on some of the course items they would have a very succesful business.

When a restaurant has a menu thats 2 courses for 20 euros and 25 euros for 3 courses they should not be loading some of the courses with supplement costs.

I think that too many restaurants think they have a Michelin formulae and price accordingly.

We saw Casa su mi Padre (now Venta la Socia) open and close with this approach some 3 plus years ago. We went once and knew it had a very short half life.

Perhaps I am spoilt my wife went to catering college and is a very good cook and I cook as well, and we have eaten all over the world so we have some experience.

This message was last edited by manilvajl on 8/3/2007.

Jeff

Like 0      
05 Aug 2007 9:58 PM by Jerry Star rating. 74 posts Send private message

We have used this restaurant and their previous one Le Mani and think they are the best in the area. The food is delicious and beautifully presented. Certainly not about volume but for top quality food at a very reasonable price it far superior to the other restaurants mentioned. Small menu with limited choice and may not suit young kids but if you want excellent food and wonderful wine selection, then this is your place.

Like 0      
06 Aug 2007 6:27 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

I tend to agree with Jeff on this one...good food, excellent settings and classically expensive. We had Sunday lunch and you could not fault it except to say, in my opinion, tou can get just as good a meal with excellent wine at a number of other places ,and I would add Venta Garcia to the list., for less cost.  Justin , after seeing you and a burger in Beccys I think you would prefer El Estribo.

Regards

John

Like 0      
06 Aug 2007 7:49 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar
Does Justin often take burgers out to lunch?

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
06 Aug 2007 8:16 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
I never go anywhere without a burger in my pocket.  It's tough trying to keep this weight  on you know

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
06 Aug 2007 8:26 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar
Was only joking Justin, you know that. Hope to be over soon so fancy a beer?

Regards

John

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Air Conditioning and Security Grills - 2 posts
Bodega Andaluz - Manilva - 2 posts
Mnailva what is it like - 1 posts
Large group / families wishing to relaocate ? - 0 posts
feral cats - help !! - 5 posts
Learn to speak Spanish online - 2 posts
Long let 2 villas Alhaurin de la Torre, 19/10/08 to 19/04/08, 500€ each - 0 posts
Almeria or Murcia Airport? - 4 posts
Just wanted to say - 27 posts
John & Julie B - New to this site - 1 posts
JET2 Flights - 12 posts
Long Let - New 3 Bed 3 Bath Townhouse nr. Villamartin/San Miguel de Salinas - 2 posts
Cellophane wrap - 5 posts
Mar Azul International School - 6 posts
LONG LET REQUIRED - 3 posts
Is this a silly question, - 11 posts
Want to take my dog to spain to live - 1 posts
Just joined - 5 posts
Just Joined - 5 posts
The Bridge at Balsicas. - 4 posts
Train link from Costa Del Sol to southern France - 4 posts
Suite Del Mar - CDS - 0 posts
Swimming pool constuctors and all the jargon that goes with it. - 2 posts
Mystery Guests - 2 posts
Mystery Guests - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x