Good year or good riddance?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Dec 2013 12:22 PM by eos_ian Star rating in Valencia. 506 posts Send private message

eos_ian´s avatar

How has 2013 been for you?

From a personal point of view it has been much better than 2012 and I expect 2014 to be better than 2013 so all looking good so far. From a Spanish point of view I think most Spaniards will be pleased to see the back of it as it means the country is hopefully one step closer to recovery and I think the general trend is moving in that direction at last, although there is still a long way to go.  I hope we will see the back of the unprecedented unemployment numbers and hopefully we will see them gradually grow over the New Year... I also hope that 2014 will be a year without immense natural disasters such as the catastrophic typoon in the Philippines and that mother nature will let the devastated regions recover from their  tragedy.

A good year or good riddence?

Ian :   EOS TEAM MEMBER 

www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/ianandspain.aspx

Like 1      
26 Dec 2013 3:31 PM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

"The triumph of hope over experience". Samuel Johnson 1709 - 1789.

The Spanish economy may struggle to keep just out of recession but modest growth is all that can be epected. Why? Because the fundamental problems are still there. Broken banks, over supply in the housing market, lack of outside investment, an uncompetative, over regulated labour market, and the burden of too much private debt. All that and the burden of being in the Eurozone indicates 2014 bringing more of the same.

I wish it were different, hope springs eternal is the mantra of the gambler. Cold experience is what the rest of us rely on.wink

Like 0      
27 Dec 2013 10:14 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

I hope the new year brings an end to this world wide recession.

I hope that the Spain bashers realise this is a global problem and that we should work together.

I hope the EU gets stronger, less corruption and more of a EU nation mentality rather than carrying on with small minded nationalist pride.

I hope erradication of poverty in the EU is a priority.

I hope for peace across the world

I hope for healthy, fair economic commercial competition between, EU, USA, Asia, Africa and RoW

I hope for stricter taxes on fat cats across the world

I hope all tax havens are banned

I hope for all children to have the same education

I hope all who genuinley need help get it

I hope we all get the same standard of health care where ever we live

I hope benefit scroungers are caught and all loop holes closed

I hope we all stop being so selfish

I hope religous and political extremists realise the damage they are doing

I hope politciians really start to understand and focus on what most people want

I hope for peaceful, non violent, non abusive protests when protests are necessary

I hope we all stop making excuses

I hope people work it out that 3 steps forward and 2 steps back is still progress

I hope for full economic unity, equality and peace across the world

I hope we all have a Happy New and Prosperous New Year

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

For Sale of Seat Ibiza 06 1.4 Diesel - 3 posts
Where to eat in Spain - 1 posts
SPANISH POLICE BRUTALITY - 50 posts
Funny video thread! - 1 posts
Confused about the 'Big Switch Off?' - 4 posts
greeting to all of you! - 3 posts
I have a LHD Spanish plated car and want to swap for a UK RHD car - 0 posts
Capital gains tax - refund ? - 59 posts
Sales manager - 0 posts
How we change - 5 posts
Can son join police - 3 posts
Murcia Region No Business Licence Required - 1 posts
HI TOP LWB VAN DRIVING FROM UK TO SPAIN - 2 posts
Article in Daily Mail 13 December regarding new rules in renting out property in spain - 24 posts
Photobucket Woes... - 5 posts
Spanish courts favours Polaris World - not the consumer - 11 posts
Firearms training in Mojacar / Aguilas area - 4 posts
BBC news coverage of consumer problems when purchasing in Spain - 12 posts
Hacienda Tax Demands - 13 posts
THEFT OR 'BORROWED' - 15 posts
Telephone/Internet Service Providers/Costa Del Sol - 1 posts
Another blow for Spain - 13 posts
Satellite Receive for all European Channels - 17 posts
WHAT DO I NEED ? - 7 posts
Could impact on tourism - 23 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x