Is this a silly question,

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Aug 2007 12:00 AM by fuelpump Star rating in Nr Liverpool. 19 posts Send private message

when people move to Spain, and have settled in, where do you holiday? Do they come back to the UK for a touch of rain ?, just a thought.

Like 0      
02 Aug 2007 4:54 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Of course it's not a silly question, fuelpump. (Think you could've put where do you holiday when you've moved to Spain as title though, just a friendly observation here ?)

I haven't moved out to Spain yet &, at the moment, the only holidays we have are at our place in Spain. After my husband retires next spring we shall holiday in Greece & Turkey on occasions as we used to do, although once we've relocated to Spain, the problem will be lack of direct flights, maybe. I believe most families travel to the UK to visit family as their holiday, totally understandable.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 8/2/2007.

Like 0      
02 Aug 2007 5:19 PM by fuelpump Star rating in Nr Liverpool. 19 posts Send private message

Many thanks for that, and the observation, well it sure sounds like you've got it well boxed off, sounds great, and i wish you all the best with your move. At present, and for a few years now, i,ve had a right downer with the uk, but this year i've said enough is enough, and i'm going to take the leap, make good my escape to the sun, it's been on the cards for some time now, so i'm laying plans, and spend must of my wakeing hours putting it all togeather, I'll get there

Like 0      
02 Aug 2007 5:44 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
Yes Fuelpump, you've got it..............................all our holidays, so far, for 5 years, have been in the U. K. generally visiting kids, relations and friends!!                   

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
03 Aug 2007 1:56 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Fuelpump

I KNEW this had been asked before so, as I'm like a dog with a bone, I searched for it. Here it is. Just click on the blue link  Live in Spain but where to holiday?  It has 16 replies & had 452 hits.

Like 0      
03 Aug 2007 9:46 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

When yo have lived here for a while you get used to the heat in summer - I hadnt had a holiday except for short trips back the Uk for various family gatherings, weddings etc - always maximum 4 days (including travelling!)

So 2 eyars ago over Xmas we went to the Caribbean (well priced if you go just before xmas day from Madrid) and last year to Greece then this year Italy - nice to leave AND get backin the sun!

Otherwise anywhere in Spain itself is good to go - oh and dont forget Portugal, the Balearics, Tenerife, Morocco.........

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
03 Aug 2007 10:27 AM by fuelpump Star rating in Nr Liverpool. 19 posts Send private message

Many thanks for the response, and that thread from Morerosado. Me and the wife have an apartmant in Fuerteventura, which we visit whenever we can, and we find it  great, but last year we stayed awhile in Valencia, and i really really enjoyed it, meet some great people, it seamed to be the right mix for me, the hub bub of the day, and the easy going night life. The people we meet we are still in contact with. Island life is great to a certain extent, but i do get bored during the day, tend to prop up the bar in the day , then want to get to sleep around ten o'clock, must be getting old, thats when i thought, must set something up on the main land.

Like 0      
03 Aug 2007 1:06 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

Fuelpump

Lots of opportunities between Alicante and Mojacar to mix a quiet Spanish environment and yet be close to the action

Based in Spain you can access all of EU -Good roads, internal flights now getting cheaper and the AVE [Spanish High Speed Train] network is growing and will connect with France  

Like 0      
03 Aug 2007 1:10 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Not such good weather in France though!!!!!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
03 Aug 2007 5:30 PM by fuelpump Star rating in Nr Liverpool. 19 posts Send private message

Cheers Rowland, yes i can see that there is a lot to explore, no wonder people don't bother so much with taking holidays elsewhere for the first couple of years, it's on yer door step

Like 0      
03 Aug 2007 8:21 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

Fuelpump

The name is Brian!

Like 0      
04 Aug 2007 5:43 PM by fuelpump Star rating in Nr Liverpool. 19 posts Send private message

Sorry Brian, please forgive me
Replied to e mail, regards Steve.

This message was last edited by fuelpump on 8/4/2007.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Want to take my dog to spain to live - 1 posts
Just joined - 5 posts
Just Joined - 5 posts
The Bridge at Balsicas. - 4 posts
Train link from Costa Del Sol to southern France - 4 posts
Suite Del Mar - CDS - 0 posts
Swimming pool constuctors and all the jargon that goes with it. - 2 posts
Mystery Guests - 2 posts
Mystery Guests - 0 posts
AVE High Speed Train Murcia to Almeria - 16 posts
Santa Ana Del Monte Completion Dates For 2007 - 1 posts
Looking for Part Loads to Murcia Region in Mid Oct - 0 posts
3 Beds fully furnished and equipped apartment in Gandia available for rent - 0 posts
Snaggers wanted - 5 posts
Sept rental wanted in Palomares Almeria - 0 posts
Los Llanos del Peral - 1 posts
Sept Rental wanted Palomares Almeria - 0 posts
Torrox Pueblo - 1 posts
Bed and Breakfast - 1 posts
work has begun - 17 posts
Goodbye Canada, Hello Spain. - 4 posts
Meeting at the Town Hall on fri 19th jan 2007 - 1 posts
Valparaiso Restaurant Mijas V Villa Tiberia Marbella - 6 posts
2 GB Sony Memory Cards for sale Pro duos - 0 posts
New or Nearly New Sofa Required - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x