driving licence

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Nov 2013 2:34 PM by dunny Star rating. 45 posts Send private message

can anyone help me my british licence expires in january, i am working in spain and i am on contract.

i have been informed that i must have a spainish licence and take a test i am 58 years old can anyone help

me find out where i go  to take the test and how much a licence will cost as i have been quoted 100 -150 euros this is only

the licence have no idea of the cost of a test, and what would happen if i only renewd my european licence,i have a uk address

Like 0      
10 Nov 2013 3:25 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

You can exchange your UK DL for a Spanish one.  

I would suggest the easiest way is to go to a gestor and get a quote.   My wife has just changed her Philippines DL for a Spanish one.   We did it ourselves but if you don't speak Spanish then the modest fee charged by a gestor is well worth the saving in time and hassle.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 10/11/2013.

Like 1      
10 Nov 2013 4:00 PM by Plantagenet Star rating in Jaen. 32 posts Send private message

Plantagenet´s avatar

For me it was very simple.  I went to the Trafico and showed them my British drivers licence.  They asked me to pay Euros 7.50 in the bank next door.  I went back, showed them the receipt and they filled in a form, gave me a cardboard temporary licence and said that it would take up to 6 weeks for the plastic licence to be posted to me.  It came just 4 weeks later. The licence was valid for just 5 years.  When the 5 years were up I went to a local examination centre as I was over 70 years old, a few questions about health and medication, a fee of 25 Euros which included the photographs they took and I got a new licence 2 weeks later. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Noah's ARC Christmas E-card is HERE! - 0 posts
Europa Network take unauthorized amounts from my bank - 3 posts
where & when can i buy this? - 1 posts
ECB cuts benchmark rate to 0.25% - 0 posts
New Year in Spain - 2 posts
SQUATTERS AND BARKING DOGS - 1 posts
residency in Spain - 7 posts
Holiday rental properties wanted - 0 posts
Astra 28 degrees east new satellite free to air HD Channel. - 0 posts
Barcelona Notary Question - 4 posts
Reputable builders in san Javier area ,Murcia - 0 posts
Satellite dishes: community / municipality rules - 0 posts
URBANISATION COMMITTEE MEETINGS - 1 posts
San Jose contact required please - 2 posts
property survey - 2 posts
Legal tip 1061. Work with our team coach - 0 posts
Extra Fees to cover Shortfall due to Debtors - 33 posts
Squatters - 3 posts
Transferring U.S Dollars INTO Spain (La Caixa) - 10 posts
Looking for a campingsite in the south - 6 posts
Vista-del-Rey - 3 posts
MJV Winter Flights - Don't Believe Murcia Today! - 7 posts
satalite dish size to receive freesat in benidorm - 2 posts
New Healthcare Option for Those Without Cover - 19 posts
LONG TERM RENTAL VILLA WANTED - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x