General Advice on buying

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Oct 2013 9:56 AM by Galwegian Star rating in Condado de Alhama Ja.... 5 posts Send private message

Hi All,

I am currently looking at buying a property in CDA. I will most likely be dealing with an Estate Agent.

A couple of questions.

1.  Should I use the services of whatever Solicitor/Lawyer the Estate agent recommends

2.  Is it necessary to get a building surveyor for CDA

3. What is the best option for furniture - a pack or a trip to IKEA.  I'm in no big hurry

Many Thanks

Galwegian

Like 0      
05 Oct 2013 11:15 AM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

I presume you mean Condado de Alhama. in Murcia. There is a community forum for the site and if you post on there I am sure you will get loads of recommendations.

I would always use a different  solicitor.

Like 0      
05 Oct 2013 5:37 PM by elaineG Star rating in Spain . 409 posts Send private message

I have never used a lawyer to buy or sell in Spain.  All contracts must be signed in front of a notary, who draws up the contact,  whether you use a lawyer or not.  I also have never had a survey done, just used my experience and common sense.  But if you feel the need to use a lawyer or any other 'professional'  never use the mate of someone with a vested interest in you buying, after all who would you expect them to protect ?

Like 0      
05 Oct 2013 6:22 PM by christineinseville Star rating in Pruna (Seville) and .... 25 posts Send private message

Friends o mine bought without a solicitor, the Public Notary does all the work.

She then went staright to the town council (the Ayuntamient) and had them read through.

IKEA for furniture, Spainsh beds are very short!!! expect to pay more for white goods (and if they are included in the house photo them, they seem to magically turn old and rusty in the few weeks before the sale :¬)

Like 0      
06 Oct 2013 12:51 AM by aliton Star rating. 331 posts Send private message

We purchased last year sept 2012 and used PALS Solicitors in Pt Mazarron.. British and Spanish Staff . You will also find a Solicitor who deals with lots of  house purchase at the "Business Centre" in Camposol just 10 minutes from Condado on Calle Madrid. Take my advise and do it through a solicitor make sure no debts on the house with the last owner . If its Condado you are looking at and you are a cash purchase I doubt you need a survey. Just have a good look for cracks etc . If the house hasnt been lived in try all the services. remember if its a Bank Sale or never lived in before you have to buy "as seen" so no way back if you have any problems blocked drains etc etc.

Euronics on Camposol do all electricals and TV, Sky sat etc etc . nice people and good prices.

We purchased lost of our furniture from IKEA. Went to the Newcastle Store first to choose what we wanted got the codes and went to IKEA Spain website and input same codes arrived  with a ready order to Murcia IKEA . You will need a big Car to transport or delivery charge about 30 euro.

Need any more advice PM me

This message was last edited by aliton on 06/10/2013.

Fomer member revisiting r.

Like 0      
06 Oct 2013 7:28 AM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

I used PALS and never again.  Yes they do have British secretaries, but the two partners who run the place are Spanish and their attitude is very different to that you would expect from a professional UK firm.  Whilst they were supposed to be protecting my interests they were clearly far more interested in keeping the local Spanish developer happy.

Subsequently I discovered that they overlooked a basic requirement which cost me €1,400 to rectify.  When I approached them they made all manner of feeble excuses, knowing that in Spain consumer protection hardly exists.

I may be brealing EOS rules by making this post, but if these comments are deleted I would ask that Aliton's post is also withdrawn to be fair as this firm should most certainly not be recommended to anyone.  You are better off either using Maria who clearly has established her reputation on working for EOS members and clearly there are no hiding places on this forum.

Like 0      
11 Oct 2013 12:24 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

This message was last edited by mariadecastro on 11/10/2013.

This message was last edited by mariadecastro on 11/10/2013.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Are Barclays bank in Spain in the real world? - 14 posts
Origuela costa - 1 posts
Well done Goldcar Rental Murcia - 5 posts
transfer of car - 0 posts
Six month old Hyundai i10 Auto - Catalonia - L'Ametlla de Mar - 0 posts
English Size Bed - 0 posts
Question re POA and Bank Guarantees - 0 posts
Sim cards in Spain and UK - 1 posts
Women drive worse than men says Spanish judge! - 18 posts
Giving up smoking - Champix? - 15 posts
Orihuela Costa villa cleaning - 4 posts
Orihuela Costa villa cleaning - 4 posts
Help on heating boiler fire - 0 posts
Road legal golf buggies in Spain - 1 posts
time of year.. - 17 posts
Barking mad - 2 posts
To what extent is Spain a police state? - 86 posts
Zaplin and IPTV - 3 posts
Gas Natural and the hidden costs - 0 posts
Astra 2E latest launch information, UK TV in Spain - 1 posts
Jobs for the Boys (or Girls as the case may be...) - 6 posts
How do I boost TDT signal in Spain? - 5 posts
dog transfer to Spain - 1 posts
debit/Credit Cards - 9 posts
Renting a car made easy - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x