Well done Goldcar Rental Murcia

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Oct 2013 8:40 PM by aliton Star rating. 331 posts Send private message

Having complained on this forum about car rental companies who "openly con customers" out of fuel, by not filling up the tank properly. I would like to thank Gold Car at Murcia SJ airport. For the first time ever I had a car which I drove all the way to our Spanish House (67km) without the fuel gage dropping to three quarters full.  Thats because the Fiat 500 was full to the top as it should be and by the way it stayed at the full setting the day after as well.  Take note CENTAURO.. anyone else had the same issue ?

Fomer member revisiting r.

Like 0      
05 Oct 2013 4:07 PM by johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

what did they charge you for insurance. How different was the first quote from what you actually paid ?

Like 0      
06 Oct 2013 12:33 AM by aliton Star rating. 331 posts Send private message

Johnmac

I paid nothing for EXTRA insurance as I always reject the hard sell at the collection desk. Paid for the booking though EOS in advance so it was pre paid voucher ( do you spain ) At the desk Goldcar take a "deposit on your card"  if you reject the extra insurance so im expecting to just pay for fuel. It normally works out that deposit is returned

So the car cost about £50 for 9 days rental

This message was last edited by aliton on 06/10/2013.

Like 0      
06 Oct 2013 11:28 AM by patkhan Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

You should also take into account your credit card will charge for transactions plus the exchange rate will not be very good. We now have a spanish credit card which will stop the extra charges.

Frank

Like 0      
06 Oct 2013 11:41 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

More and more holiday home owners are now looking to buy a car instead of renting. Low cost annual airport costs are helping

Who can blame them - hire companies take note!!!

Like 0      
06 Oct 2013 1:34 PM by aliton Star rating. 331 posts Send private message

At Car Hire Desk.You are required to sign all the forms which are in Spanish( so really no idea what you signing ) or what you are covered for  and thats with Eye on Spain pre paid basic rental and Insurance.   At the airport they tell you your will have to pay for this, and that, and the other if anything happens so can anyone outline axactly what you are covered for and NOT covered for if you reject the EXTRA cover ? .

Its a good help if anyone could outline the true situation ref Insurance on this website  Ta

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

transfer of car - 0 posts
Six month old Hyundai i10 Auto - Catalonia - L'Ametlla de Mar - 0 posts
English Size Bed - 0 posts
Question re POA and Bank Guarantees - 0 posts
Sim cards in Spain and UK - 1 posts
Women drive worse than men says Spanish judge! - 18 posts
Giving up smoking - Champix? - 15 posts
Orihuela Costa villa cleaning - 4 posts
Orihuela Costa villa cleaning - 4 posts
Help on heating boiler fire - 0 posts
Road legal golf buggies in Spain - 1 posts
time of year.. - 17 posts
Barking mad - 2 posts
To what extent is Spain a police state? - 86 posts
Zaplin and IPTV - 3 posts
Gas Natural and the hidden costs - 0 posts
Astra 2E latest launch information, UK TV in Spain - 1 posts
Jobs for the Boys (or Girls as the case may be...) - 6 posts
How do I boost TDT signal in Spain? - 5 posts
dog transfer to Spain - 1 posts
debit/Credit Cards - 9 posts
Renting a car made easy - 0 posts
Buying a mobile home in spain. - 0 posts
Spain Sucks - 30 posts
Backward Spain - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x