New to the site

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Jul 2007 12:00 AM by Janie351 Star rating in Entre Naranjos. 1 posts Send private message

Hi,   not quite sure what to put to introduce myself, but here goes -

I live full time at Entre Naranjos which is a newish area about 9km from Los Montesinos.     I have lived here for two and a half years and am still waiting for the shops/buses/golf course - but that's a whole other story!!

Despite the occasional feelings of isolation (i dont drive) I still wouldnt change my lifestyle for all the tea in china (or the uk!).   I love living in Spain and although I'm still struggling with the language (for some reason seems to go in one ear and out the other!) I seem to manage, even though i make a fool of myself at times!

I love to cook but also enjoy eating out and have found so many great restaurants and new tastes since I've been out here.   Even managed to cook a reasonable paella the other week.

I became a grandma for the first time earlier this year and am looking forward to the time when I can introduce him to the delights of sandcastles and warm water.

Anyway, think I've waffled enough, a sunbed and Harry Potter beckon.   Look forward to taking part in the forums.

This message was last edited by Janie351 on 7/30/2007.

Like 0      
30 Jul 2007 3:50 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Hi Janie

Welcome to Eye on Spain.  Glad you've joined us. 

There's a great bunch of people here.

I'm jealous....we're waiting for our Harry Potter book to arrive!  It's taking forever.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
30 Jul 2007 4:13 PM by AuntieEm Star rating in Scarborough. 287 posts Send private message

AuntieEm´s avatar

Janie,

Glad you found the forum ... its a bit quiet at the moment, but dont let that fool you!  I have only been posting for a wee while but find everyone really helpful and friendly.

Me and hubby are house hunting and we have seen some houses/apartments in your area for sale (on the websites not in real life!) so we may be having a little nosey around your area when we are next over in Sept.

Congratulations on the new addition to your family.  Do your family live in Spain with you or will they be visiting from blighty?

Harry Potter ! Well i better not tell you the ending!  LOL  ... but it is good 

Enjoy the sunshine ... wont tell you what its like over here!

Like 0      
30 Jul 2007 4:42 PM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

Hi Janie,

I also became a first time "Nanna"  3 days before Christmas last year.  Like you,I can't wait to enjoy the sun, sea and sandcastles with our grand-daughter in September.

I'm sure you will enjoy EOS...Lots of great characters hang out here!

Tish

Like 0      
06 Apr 2008 9:00 PM by bobandgretta Star rating in We live in Newark,No.... 15 posts Send private message

bobandgretta´s avatar

Hi, Does anyone have Janie351 's email address?  I've tried sending a private message through EOS but it comes up with "can't find members email address"  Any clues?

Bob of "bobandgretta"

Like 0      
06 Apr 2008 9:00 PM by bobandgretta Star rating in We live in Newark,No.... 15 posts Send private message

bobandgretta´s avatar

Hi, Does anyone have Janie351 's email address?  I've tried sending a private message through EOS but it comes up with "can't find members email address"  Any clues?

Bob of "bobandgretta"

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Toys desperately needed CB south - 4 posts
House names in Spain - 10 posts
Replacement remote control for Rocca Air Conditioning - 0 posts
New boy needs advice - 3 posts
The little yellow stars - 22 posts
Hallo - 10 posts
Bought some bits and pieces today - 47 posts
Small van/Big van any where in Spain... - 3 posts
When is a child not a child? - 2 posts
Where inland? - 5 posts
Caryn NY - 2 posts
Hi from Alan & Elaine - 6 posts
Key holder/cleaner/handover person wanted for Aloe on Valle Del Este - 1 posts
SMILEY APOLOGISES - 2 posts
Where to Live in Spain...and Why? - 69 posts
How long - 7 posts
Manilva Park - 12 posts
New Passport Delivery Service in Spain - 4 posts
holistic therapy ? - 4 posts
thinking about work - 11 posts
Compensation for Late Completion of Property - 1 posts
wanted accomodation at Nueva Ribera for one week from Monday coming ! - 1 posts
Legal Costs - 6 posts
Job vacancy in Elviria, Málaga ( 8 km east from Marbella. - 3 posts
Job vacancy in Elviria, Málaga ( 8 km east of Marbella). - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x