Hallo

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Jul 2007 12:00 AM by Mark .Y. Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Hallo to everybody on the forums,

I have just registered as I am considering buying an apartment later in the year. Possibly looking at the Murcia area but still have a lot of background work to do.

We used to own a villa in Orlando, sold it a couple of years ago as we were getting a bit fed up with the length of the journey and the necessity to drive everywhere in the US, walking out in the evening never seemed much of an American thing to do !!

I would appreciate any advice on specific "good" areas, we are thinking of an apartment, at least two bedrooms, communal pool, within walking distance of shops/restaurants. Also, any particularly good property websites to search. I have had a look at a few but none of the ones I have looked at seem to have properties in the price range of some of the ones for sale on this forum. In the US we used to look at realtor.com but am I right in thinking there is no equivalent in Spain ?

Anyway, I will use the search buttons and have a good look around. I am very appreciative of the advice received on these type of forums, I was on an excellent one for Orlando and many people could have saved having their fingers burnt if they had known about it before they bought a property over there.

Look forward to the occasional chat with you all,

Mark .Y.     

Like 0      
29 Jul 2007 8:10 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Mark

Yes it's big and it's bling but i don't care......................LOL.

I'm sure you'll like it on the forum, we do have a laugh and there is also some great info about all sorts of things serious and fun.  We are in Santiago de la Ribera, San Javier. It is a great part of Murcia region and coastal. We bought an apartment there and are very happy with it. Our friends have just come back from hols there and are very impressed with the area too. Which is lovely to hear. The area is close to all amenities and is developing quite quickly so might be worth a visit for you. So good luck with your search.

Like 0      
29 Jul 2007 9:53 PM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Hi Mark - welcome to the forum.    We love our place in Spain and happily offer any info to others as we've received so much help from members of this site.

Do you know if you'd prefer to be inland or near the coast?  As Gina says - (she's such a show off with all that bling bling!!) - the areas around the Mar Menor are simply fabulous.  Inland Murcia is good too and there's loads of golf course developments offering everthing in one place, but also within easy distance of the beaches and towns.

Members' property for sale on EOS are usually great value.  Wish you well in your search.

Jane

Jane

Like 0      
29 Jul 2007 10:05 PM by AuntieEm Star rating in Scarborough. 287 posts Send private message

AuntieEm´s avatar

Hi Mark

i dont know whether we are allowed to post links in here to other websites ... so i will PM you with the website address that we have been using to look (well there are many,but this has been the most useful).  It is a site for owners selling directly and we have seen some very interesting and well priced properties on it.  We are also still looking at the moment ... so if you see any real tempting bargains ... ITS OURS !  LOL

Good luck

Like 0      
29 Jul 2007 10:22 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi MARK, have you looked at the thread what the area  is like it might help, we have a few friends that have places in Orlando, but they are getting fed up with the journey and some delays.   So they are looking at selling up.  Have house prices gone up in Orlando?  Regards Pat 

This message was last edited by Pat and Roy on 7/29/2007.

Like 0      
29 Jul 2007 11:26 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Mike

We're outside Guardamar which we love, about 40 mins north of Gina.

Like 0      
30 Jul 2007 7:01 PM by Mark .Y. Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Hallo again everybody,

Thanks for all the replies,

Candyfloss - love the bling and will check out your area.

Auntie Em - thanks for the PM, I haven't read it yet as I am mega busy at work (I work in the Fawley Oil Refinery near Southampton and all the plants crashed down a couple of days ago so am spending loads of time in there at the moment). I will have a look when I get a couple of hours spare and check the site out.

Jane - I think we would like to be within reasonable (15 minutes ??) or so of the coast. If we do buy a place I am sure my two eldest will want to use it now and again for a weekend away and I guess they would like to be near the beach.

Pat - the prices have been falling in the Orlando area for the past year or so (maybe slightly longer). There have been so many developments (similar to Spain ??) that the rental market has become very, very competitive. A real pity given the dollar exchange rate at the moment.

Thanks also to the others who have sent me PMs

Regards,

Mark .Y.

Like 0      
30 Jul 2007 7:01 PM by Mark .Y. Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Hallo again everybody,

Thanks for all the replies,

Candyfloss - love the bling and will check out your area.

Auntie Em - thanks for the PM, I haven't read it yet as I am mega busy at work (I work in the Fawley Oil Refinery near Southampton and all the plants crashed down a couple of days ago so am spending loads of time in there at the moment). I will have a look when I get a couple of hours spare and check the site out.

Jane - I think we would like to be within reasonable (15 minutes ??) or so of the coast. If we do buy a place I am sure my two eldest will want to use it now and again for a weekend away and I guess they would like to be near the beach.

Pat - the prices have been falling in the Orlando area for the past year or so (maybe slightly longer). There have been so many developments (similar to Spain ??) that the rental market has become very, very competitive. A real pity given the dollar exchange rate at the moment.

Thanks also to the others who have sent me PMs

Regards,

Mark .Y.

Like 0      
30 Jul 2007 9:58 PM by polski Star rating in leicestershire. 12 posts Send private message

Hi mark

we bought our apartment at cabo roig(approx 20/25mins north of mercia airport)

it sits up on cliffs overlooking the med. the views are fantastic( pm me if u want me to send u photos)

theres enough to do at cabo roig and the surrounding areas/beaches, and everybody that has been there has come back well chilled!!

its a bit small to live in, but seems to tick all the boxes for a holiday home.

hasta lluego

polski

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Bought some bits and pieces today - 47 posts
Small van/Big van any where in Spain... - 3 posts
When is a child not a child? - 2 posts
Where inland? - 5 posts
Caryn NY - 2 posts
Hi from Alan & Elaine - 6 posts
Key holder/cleaner/handover person wanted for Aloe on Valle Del Este - 1 posts
SMILEY APOLOGISES - 2 posts
Where to Live in Spain...and Why? - 69 posts
How long - 7 posts
Manilva Park - 12 posts
New Passport Delivery Service in Spain - 4 posts
holistic therapy ? - 4 posts
thinking about work - 11 posts
Compensation for Late Completion of Property - 1 posts
wanted accomodation at Nueva Ribera for one week from Monday coming ! - 1 posts
Legal Costs - 6 posts
Job vacancy in Elviria, Málaga ( 8 km east from Marbella. - 3 posts
Job vacancy in Elviria, Málaga ( 8 km east of Marbella). - 0 posts
Lawyer in Ibiza - recommendation please - 0 posts
moving soon to spain help needed - 9 posts
TAPRISA 97 Torrevieja area - 3 posts
Directions from Murcia airpot to Vera - 16 posts
beverley robinson - 2 posts
Glad to be here,hello everyone. - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x