Just living on my pension in Spain is no problem!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
31 Aug 2013 11:27 AM by leytonette Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

I totally disagree with the comment that it is ok to live in Spain if you do not have to work and can speak Spanish.  I only rent a property here in Melegis, Lecrin el Valle, Andalucia.  I decided to come and live here at the ripe old age of 67 and I have not found a problem, apart from the fact that I cannot afford to run (let alone buy) a car.  But there are buses to and from my village to surrounding villages and into the town of Durcal and Granada City.  We also have two village shops, 2 bars and 2 bakeries.  And I don't speak a lot of Spanish but am really trying to learn the language as most people here do not speak English, although there are several English people here, but the Spanish people in my village are all quite friendly and I can just about get by in the shops and bars/restaurants.  I have now lived here for almost 1 years and am still enjoying my time here.

Like 0      
31 Aug 2013 11:31 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Leytonette:

Soooo good you found the right way to live in Spain. Possibly  town living with good connections to main cities, airports.. is the clue!

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

FLEECED LIKE SHEEP - 2 posts
Re-connection of water & electricity in Pego - 4 posts
HC Energia - Help! - 1 posts
Update: ITV's Tonight will fly British would-be property buyers out to Spain to view €600 plots - 13 posts
Suma tax - 3 posts
Introducing Alotofwind... - 6 posts
Legal tip 1016. Law on Foreign investments in Spain. Bit six - 0 posts
Gibraltar, Spain wins, a light-hearted view. - 1 posts
Still Spot On - 2 posts
ITV's Tonight seeks Brits considering inland plots or villages for as little as €600 - 7 posts
Parking in the Port of Cartagena.. what a nice surprise ? - 0 posts
Non Resident Income Tax - 3 posts
Mijas Golf 24 hour Power Cut - 0 posts
Buy a plot of land in Spain for £500 - 26 posts
internet connection speed - 6 posts
Villa or finca wanted for winter rental from november to april - 2 posts
confused!! - 2 posts
Import procedure - 0 posts
Sleeping Easy? - 1 posts
wanted for six months 2014 rental in benelmadena - 0 posts
leaking roof - 1 posts
KISSING GOODBYE TO TENANCY DEPOSITS - 5 posts
Coming for a Preview - 0 posts
applying for health care - 28 posts
TO ALL BLOGGERS & ADMIN - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x