EX-18 Completed Form Example

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Aug 2013 12:35 PM by fyfin Star rating in Turre Almeria. 54 posts Send private message

fyfin´s avatar

For some reason I cannot include web links which is a bit of a shame as without them the posting is meaningless. The links were to my photobucket account and the official Spanish website. Maybe admin can allow this.

This might be a help to anyone trying to complete the EX-18 form to sign on the Foreigners Register which we are supposed to do if we live in Spain more than 3 months.
There have been other threads about it, and indeed I have also contributed, but I think to actually see what a completed form looks like might be helpful. The form can be completed online and then printed out which is what I did and I used the format that was successful for us. Note that piso is not "floor" but on the form actually means "apartment" so if you are in a block of apartments as we are, you enter the building number and then the apartment no.

The form can be downloaded and completed here :-

and here is the dummy one I completed and printed :-

If there's anything not clear I will be happy to clarify if I can.

Like 0      
19 Aug 2013 7:54 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Fyfin.

The application from is here:-

http://www.interior.gob.es/file/58/58420/58420.pdf

This is an info which I have been giving to applicants for a while.

(It is line by line)

THE APPLICATION FORM (EU Citizens Registration)

Section 1

NIE PAS/NIF if you have an NIE show,    otherwise ignore

1st Surname (or only surname)    2nd surname  (or blank if none)

First names                                   H = male                              M = female

Date of birth                                 Town of birth                       Country of birth

Fathers first name                         Mothers first name

Your nationality                           Status  (C = married: V = widowed: D = Divorced: SP =Separated

Address in Spain:                         name of Road,                     Number,       Floor number (if in a block)

Town                                             Post code                             Province

Telephone No.                              Email

Section 2

If your representative is doing it this is their section, otherwise ignore

Section 3

The address where correspondence should be sent to, so probably same as in section 1

Section 4

What are you applying for,     tick box

Sign and then,  in boxes below

box I             is the place you are signing it so say, Marbella,

box 2            Date so maybe 1st

box 3            April,

box 4            2012

Last line       say  Marbella          Prov. Malaga

This message was last edited by johnzx on 19/08/2013.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 19/08/2013.

Like 0      
19 Aug 2013 10:46 AM by fyfin Star rating in Turre Almeria. 54 posts Send private message

fyfin´s avatar

John I have seen your posting from some time ago and it is quite helpful, I just felt to actually show a completed form might be helpful. I still don't know why I am not allowed to, unless it's because I haven't made enough postings or something. I had no trouble posting this to another well know forum.

There are also some differences e.g. the link you have given is different to mine and there are slight differences in the format e.g. it is easier to complete the form online in my link extranjeros.empleo.gob.es/es/ModelosSolicitudes/Mod_solicitudes2/18-Certificado_Residencia_comunitaria . This is obviously not the complete link as I cannot post it, there's http:// in front and .pdf at the end.

Also I disagree with two of your items 1.I  believe that Piso on the form does not mean floor, it means apartment so thereby identifying exactly where you live if you live in a block of flats. The street name and number will refer to the building itself.

2. I believe that Nombre del padre means the full name and not just the Christian name e.g John Smith. When Nombre and Apellido are asked for seperately then it would be different.

This is what I had gleaned from various sources and by asking at the Oficina de Extranjeros in Almeria although I suspect forms presented in many different ways would be accepted, and how would they check some of the data anyway.

If you are an administrator perhaps you can explain why I am not permitted to share links.

Like 0      
19 Aug 2013 11:25 AM by elaineG Star rating in Spain . 409 posts Send private message

This message was last edited by elaineG on 19/08/2013.

Like 0      
04 Sep 2016 12:20 PM by sandra1234 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Good Morning 

Can you advise what documentation needs to be provided with the Ex-18 Form please.

thank you 

Like 0      
04 Sep 2016 3:38 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Sandra:   Valid Passport and a copy, the receipt from the bank that you have paid the fee, proof you have full health cover (either as a worker or if retired with DWP or if under retirement age and not working, privale cover,  and proof of sufficient income to support yourself.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 04/09/2016.

Like 0      
05 Sep 2016 9:57 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

and proof of sufficient income to support yourself.

What does that entail these days John, do you know? I'm told that a monetary value is not quoted. Surely they have a set standardised test and it's not just left to the discretion of the issuing officer?

This message was last edited by Team GB on 05/09/2016.

Like 0      
05 Sep 2016 12:29 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

The equivalent of a UK OAP is and has always been sufficient income.

But (if I remember) I will ask tomorrow when I am at the police station.

Like 0      
05 Sep 2016 2:36 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I just came upon this,  which should assist Sandra and others, although it does not show the amount of income which is required   (It only appears say,  it is  the amount above which one is not able to claim financial assistance in Spain).  Clear as mud I know.   

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/residency-requirements-in-spain

Like 0      
06 Sep 2016 9:02 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Team.  The income required is. 1 person. 5,136.60 euros pa

2 people (couple). 8,732.22 euros pa

At the police station they have a printed list showing the various amounts according to the number of people in family

This message was last edited by johnzx on 06/09/2016.

Like 0      
06 Sep 2016 9:12 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

That will be very helpful to the many people EOS gets looking to register - do we think this is the same throughout Spain? I guess if someone had a bank account with that amount or more that would also suffice

Like 0      
06 Sep 2016 9:34 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Team.  The process is nationwide so despite what some might say the requirements are the same thoughout Spain

The list i mentioned also has what capital one needs to have if they do not have an income.   I did not make a note of those amounts but those affected can produce the details of what they have and /or ask

This message was last edited by johnzx on 06/09/2016.

Like 0      
06 Sep 2016 10:05 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Thanks for the info.

I just hope this will not encourage more people to live here under the radar - I fear it will 

Like 0      
06 Sep 2016 2:06 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Team I just hope this will not encourage more people to live here under the radar - I fear it will 

Sorry Team but I must have missed your point.

Nothing has changed regarding the requirements so I cannot see why anyone would be more likely, or even want to ‘live under the radar'.  

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

question re delivery of items via amazon es if not home at the time - 9 posts
Tony - 0 posts
First Aid in Spain - 1 posts
RYANAIR - 125 posts
Legal tip 1008. Foreign investments in Spain. Bit two - 0 posts
Legal tip 1006. Foreign investment in Spain. Bit one - 0 posts
seeking trustworthy letting agent almeria area - 0 posts
Law firm to get my money back from CBL and a developer in Spain - 3 posts
Cajamar bank - 6 posts
Each to their own I suppose - 8 posts
Car Information - 11 posts
Vuelta 2013 - 2 posts
FORD PUMA FOR SALE - 1 posts
Portugal makes unexpectedly dramatic exit from recession - could Spain follow suit? - 0 posts
Boat Trip - 6 posts
Foreign Office to complain to Madrid after Gibraltar motorists endure five hour delays - 0 posts
Importance of fencing in garden - 1 posts
IHT a query - 34 posts
Murcia supermarket opening times - 3 posts
Drip irrigation for garden, your views? - 3 posts
Help Re renting around El Chaparral, Torrevieja " - 0 posts
Help wanted - 0 posts
replacing a kindle. - 4 posts
NEAREST BEACH HOTELS/APARTMENTS TO ALMERIA AIRPORT - 0 posts
Crockery, glasses, etc. - Ikea or Supermarket? - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x