New to the site but need some advice.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Aug 2013 2:01 PM by Mor Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi, Not sure where to place this message but want to ask if anyone knows how to ammend your escritura without going thorough lawyers. Our situation is we now have a swimming pool and we have been quoted 3,000 euro to have the escritura updated. Almost 2000 was for actually going to notary etc! I'm sure there must be a way of doing this yourself but don't know where to start. Many thanks Mor.

Like 0      
08 Aug 2013 4:55 PM by hippychic Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

if you just had the pool built the builders should have gotten planning permit so I think it will be on their anyway. There is an official site where you can check this, I will see if I can find the link again. If you are not selling do you need to update anyway?

Like 0      
08 Aug 2013 5:02 PM by elaineG Star rating in Spain . 409 posts Send private message

You will have to go to a Notary as they are the only people who can legalise documentation.  

You probably do not need a lawyer. 

I hope you had planning permission etc for the pool.

I suggest you speak to a notary first and see what they say.

Like 0      
08 Aug 2013 5:14 PM by aliton Star rating. 331 posts Send private message

" we have been quoted 3,000 euro to have the escritura updated."

Are you sure they havnt made a mistake ( 3000 Euro !) have they included the cost of the pool in the above . It seems totally over the top to me.  

Fomer member revisiting r.

Like 0      
08 Aug 2013 10:01 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
Last time we used a notary to update something it cost €100. This was a couple of years ago bt can't imagine that price is correct. Registry office, notary and solicitors fees totalled €325. Sure they haven't put the decimal point in the wrong place?

Like 0      
09 Aug 2013 7:33 AM by elaineG Star rating in Spain . 409 posts Send private message

The fee varies with what the Notary is doing.  

For example.  When I bought a property I also made a Will.  The Will fee was a lot less than the fee for the property transaction. 

If one is not sure that the fee quoted is 'correct' then shop around.-

Like 0      
09 Aug 2013 9:41 AM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

As has been mentioned, you or your builder should have applied for a building licence from the town hall before the construction took place.  The cost for a swimming pool seems to vary a little but it's about €300. 

Do you need to have your escritura updated once you have the licence?  I had an extension built and had all the paperwork done and was told that was it.  I'll be interested to know if I should have done more!

Like 0      
14 Aug 2013 10:05 PM by chrisinspain Star rating in Los Alcazares. 195 posts Send private message

chrisinspain´s avatar

You need to check that the pool was built as a project. If not you will need a retrospective project submitted to the council. It's fairly painless and will not cost 3000€

If you need more advice or hel let me know and I will put you in touch with one of the architects I work with who wll be able to sort it all out

Air Conditioning, Energy Assessor+Technical Services,

chris@homecomforts.es   

http://www.homecomforts.es/

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Cost of living UK / Spain - 0 posts
If the UK were to give back Gibraltar, what would the Spanish do with it? - 13 posts
Removing property from public register - 4 posts
YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID - 0 posts
IS THE CORRECT WAY TO SPELL RECESSION c.o.m.p.l.a.c.e.n.c.y - 0 posts
Hi - Moving to Javea, Costa Blanca in October - a few questions! - 2 posts
Cheapest way to dial uk landlines and mobiles from a spanish landline - 5 posts
Transfer of 10k Euros from Spain (La Caixa "Resident" Account) to UK - 7 posts
Table Tennis - 4 posts
Spanish Practice - Atrévete! - 2 posts
Wood prices spain - 4 posts
Sabadellacam - 0 posts
The Costas' Best Towns and Cities - 24 posts
Fit Out Murcia - 0 posts
Gibraltar ownership - is it merely a political distraction? - 12 posts
From USA to Spain.... - 6 posts
FIRST EYE ON SPAIN WEDDING? - 38 posts
Los Alcazares - Are there any traditional 'old town' restaurants within 20/25 mins - 17 posts
Villa or Country House Wanted in Murcia - 0 posts
Renault Trafic T1100 - 0 posts
VISA free travel? - 1 posts
THE INVISIBLE DICTATORSHIP OF KNAVES AND FOOLS - 1 posts
How to change my avatar - 18 posts
Long Term Rentals on EOS - 1 posts
Spanish law regarding communal areas - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x