VISA free travel?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Aug 2013 5:44 PM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

Reading about the 33-year old Graham Hughes from Liverpool who has visited 201 countries in the world. He did it in 4 years and on a budget of just £65 per week. Great stuff! Well done.

What I cannot understand is how he gets around the visa requirements. My Ukrainian fiancé spent a fortune and prepared masses of paperwork, then waited a week or more just to visit Spain as a tourist. It involved a 500 mile round trip to the Spanish embassy in Kiev. The same rigmarole for going to Gibraltar, the UK, Latvia.

To get a visa to any one of these countries and others, Russians, are obliged to jump through more expensive hoops than you can shake a stick at.

How does this guy do it? It sounds to me like visa-free travel. I have an Iranian friend here in Torrevieja. A bit of an eccentric but in the nicest possible way. She caught a flight from Alicante to Paris. She wanted to see the Louvre. Whoa! Arrested at the airport - though she has lived here in Spain for years and has a villa here. She was given the option. Return to Alicante or go to gaol. She opted for the latter. Said she enjoyed it and the camaraderie but was released after two weeks - and put on as plane for Alicante. An interesting world indeed.

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 0      
03 Aug 2013 10:01 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Someone from Liverpool is a Brit and most Brits can travel almost anywhere in the world, trouble free, the Russians, Iranians, and all these other countries where trouble and mayhem is considered a favourite past time have brought all this on their selves with all the past activities, so who can blame any country for not wanting them and doing their best to make things hard to enter.

The UK would be a better safer place if we adopted some of these rules as well.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

THE INVISIBLE DICTATORSHIP OF KNAVES AND FOOLS - 1 posts
How to change my avatar - 18 posts
Long Term Rentals on EOS - 1 posts
Spanish law regarding communal areas - 1 posts
Balconing - Does this get any coverage back in the UK? - 2 posts
Mortgages on houses with no licenses - 2 posts
New rules for community of owners.Part II - 11 posts
AGM votes - majority or unamimous - 12 posts
Under age drinking at Condado - 6 posts
New rules for community of owners.Part I - 1 posts
Crowd-funding: a solution for Spanish Entrepreneurs? - 2 posts
registering an english vehicle in spain - 5 posts
Car rental through Do You Spain /Goldcar - 12 posts
Where to live? A few ideas please. - 22 posts
Taxis - 7 posts
Lawyer's Charges - 8 posts
the wonderful Spanish people - 3 posts
Starting a Business: Spain the World's 3rd Worst - 3 posts
Bicycle rack, GPS, and heater for sale - 3 posts
NIE - 5 posts
NIE - 1 posts
Mortgage with Ground Clause - 4 posts
A tale of woe - 4 posts
CAPITAL GAINS TAX - 5 posts
illegally chained Property in a Communual Area - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x