Any feed back please "Firefly Rent a car" Murcia San Javier

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Jun 2013 6:31 PM by aliton Star rating. 331 posts Send private message

Has anyone experiance of  "IRE FLY Car RENTAL"which has been allocated to my EOS Booking To Murcia Ap . It looks like you pick up in the car park at the airport . Any advice would be welcomed .

Regards

Fomer member revisiting r.

Like 0      
21 Jun 2013 7:48 PM by tracyandy Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Rented with firefly at valencia airport, we had no problem .  AS far as car rental companies go i would recommend them.

Like 0      
23 Jun 2013 9:54 PM by KERRYB Star rating in Wales & Murcia. 113 posts Send private message

Hi

Just returned via San Javier airport this morning where we were allocated firefly (never heard of them before!)

On arrival from UK took around 45 mins with one person in front of us, two serving, due to internet connection problems and had to restart our form 3 times before succeeding.

Others waited for cars to be returned although 15 mins seemed to be the max, our car was therefore so only had to wait for the girl to ride on her bike to get a car park ticket to let us out of the public car park!  

Our car was an astra which was fine, had a few dents and 37000 miles on clock which is the most we have ever had on a hire car (normally 5-10000 max). They tried to sell extra insurance for tyre and windscreen damage but they all do that and over charged for the full fuel tank but again they all do that ! really annoying though.

Dropped the car back this morning around 9am they were just opening the van, They examined the car before accepting as ok checking spare wheel for punctures, etc. Only took around 5 mins to be fair so not really a problem.

Overall experience I would rate as ok but I would probably look for a more recognisable car rental company next time.

Like 0      
23 Jun 2013 11:44 PM by aliton Star rating. 331 posts Send private message

Thanks for the feedback , really appreciated  !

Like 0      
24 Jun 2013 11:37 AM by crostrad Star rating. 92 posts Send private message

Hi, Firefly ( used to be called Advantage) are an economy offshoot of Hertz. We've used them several times out of Valencia airport and been pleased with the cars ( usual few scuffs and dinks, but pretty good over all). 

We had a chance to test customer care on our last trip in May when on day 3 of the rental, our car suffered heavy damage to the  back end ( Bumper, lights, hatch lid). We called the customer help line, and within 25 minutes the recovery truck arrived and took us the 65 km. back to the airport where they had another vehicle ready for us.It was fast and painless. We were dealt with very kindly by all the staff concerned.

So, to all those who moan about the insurance that they ask you to take, I'd say take it - because  "stuff" happens when you least expect it

Like 0      
24 Jun 2013 12:16 PM by Johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

what did it cost ?

Like 0      
24 Jun 2013 12:28 PM by aliton Star rating. 331 posts Send private message

Thanks for that "Crostrad" . I know Hertz is a big organisation its just that i get a bit nervous when directed to a "car Park" operation at San Javier.  Ref the complaints about added insurance I cant understand why any one should have to pay excess insurance for windscreens, theft , tyres etc as an extra charge when you are already paying for insurance in your booking. Renters see it as another rip off.

If my car has any scuffs or dents and no agents are around I take a picture on my mobile and capture the car in the bay of collection..

It would be nice to know exactly "what is insured on the car" when you book through Eye On Spain ( Do you spain )

Like 0      
18 Sep 2014 12:59 PM by thug Star rating. 84 posts Send private message

Avoid Firefly at Murcia, absoluetly dreadful service!!! After waiting for 45 minutes to be served and pointing that out to them, I walked to my hotel 3 miles away!!!

Like 0      
18 Sep 2014 4:11 PM by bajamisdeudas Star rating in 2014 GRAND AVE BALDW.... 13 posts Send private message

Good thing I read it first here because we almost hire them on our trip to Murcia.

Like 0      
18 Sep 2014 5:27 PM by casperruby Star rating. 165 posts Send private message

I have used firefly at least 6 times in tge past 12 months admittedly in malaga and can only say how helpfull and good they are I do always take the belt and braces approach to insurance but have always been treated with kindness and service.

Like 0      
19 Sep 2014 9:08 AM by thug Star rating. 84 posts Send private message

When I pointed out to them that I'd been waiting a long time, on three seperate occasions, I was told I was next and then they served someone else. No problem getting my debit card refunded from Hertz though, even the girl I spoke to said she knew how bad the service is at Murcia as did the Ryanair agent who advised me to raise a complaint which I have done, she said people are always complaining about them. AVOID FIREFLY AT ALL COST!!!!!!!

Like 0      
19 Sep 2014 9:41 AM by Spanishpunter Star rating. 64 posts Send private message

All the car hire companies are the same, some days you get good service, other days not but they are all consistent!

Cheap prices shown on the internet sites, but all virtually the same when it comes to paying when picking up the car.

Unless you want to take risks with the  consequences of problems during the hire period or after you need 'the extra insurance'and you have to pay the excessive cost of their fuel.[the most annoying aspect]

Even having your own insurance causes aggro and lots of problems if you have a claim

It is a pain, very annoying and you just have to get used to it. When at the desks collecting your car you nearly always hear first time people complaining and like the rest of us having to eventually accept reality

Like 0      
19 Sep 2014 11:32 AM by casperruby Star rating. 165 posts Send private message

I know off on a bit of a tangent but looking at the costs over the past year I'm thinking of buying a small runaround and parking it up at malaga airport in my case on a yearly contract for about €500 does any one have experience of long term parking, I have heard horror stories of car being parked on streets etc but whats it really like??

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Finca Parcs Testimonial - 7 posts
Car rental Spain to UK and back - 6 posts
Meditation - 0 posts
Spanish Royal family news - 13 posts
Spain's Untouchables - 4 posts
A huge thank you everyone - 0 posts
Keith Rule and Costa Luz were magnificent champions for us - 4 posts
Parcel courier - 3 posts
buying ceiling fans - 11 posts
720 return errors, whose liability ? - 16 posts
Justin's Contact Address Anyone? - 2 posts
DIY tax returns for residents - 1 posts
non Resident Tax returns completed by Solicitor - 19 posts
How to get through the Flight to Spain with less pain. - 4 posts
Estate Agents - 0 posts
Camposol Community Train Timetable for 2013.. who needs Paramount Theme Park ? - 5 posts
Wanted - Roof box and bars - 0 posts
Tenancy Deposits - 3 posts
taking over an existing business - 9 posts
Banks now charging pensioners - 2 posts
CAR REGISTERING - 5 posts
peaceful site to place my mobile home currently based Torrox Costa - 0 posts
PRINTER CARTIDGES REFILLS - 1 posts
Property buyers bypassing banks - 1 posts
AMAZON (uk) NO LONGER OFFERING FREE DELIVERY TO SPAIN! - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x