Trying to rent in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Jun 2013 10:54 AM by david-11 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

I have been visiting Spain for years and have now retired so am looking to try a long term rental. The area would be south of Alicante plus the Murcia region.  So I thought, forward thinking here, search for properties on the web and then visit them  to make a final selection, sensible and straightforward.

Rubbish!!  found 12 likely ones ,private and agents, emailed them all with questions on availablity etc and nothing; well that's not true two replies one of which was properyt let but still appears on web site.

Is there an easier option all I want is a 2 bed villa close to local facilities and cyclable to the sea. Is this out there??

Dave

Like 0      
10 Jun 2013 11:22 AM by tamaraessex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

tamaraessex´s avatar

As you've narrowed down your area, yes it should be easy enough.  Assuming you are on facebook, have a look at the Groups in there, and find one relating to the area you want to be in.  The facebook group covering my area has a sub-group for rentals, and with all of them you are renting direct from the owner, without the additional cost of an agent.  I'm sure similar groups exist outside facebook too, but that seems a good first step.  I found a friend 7 properties to view off our local group, and he is now happily esconsed in one of them and blogging away to his heart's content!  Good luck.

Blog about settling into a village house in the Axarquía. http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara.aspx

Like 0      
10 Jun 2013 11:44 AM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
Have you looked at the rentals section on this site? At the top is a button RENTALS which gives you long and short term rentals by the owner.

Like 0      
10 Jun 2013 2:26 PM by ElviriaDreamer Star rating. 99 posts Send private message

ElviriaDreamer´s avatar

Also have a look on ThinkSpain...they have loads of properties and some real bargains.

I saw one just now as a featured property for E260 a month in your chosen area (Murcia) but it is an apartment not villa.

I thought maybe the sea on your doorstep could be a winning point. http://www.thinkspain.com/spanish-property/featured25740

There are some for even less...so well worth a look.

http://www.thinkspain.com/long-term-rental/

Good luck and hope you find what you are looking for.

This message was last edited by ElviriaDreamer on 10/06/2013.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Transfer of car ownership with all docs but previous owner's NIE. Possible? - 13 posts
Flood Lights - 0 posts
inheritance,should be a good thing right? - 1 posts
sun awnings - 0 posts
Blaming the assets law for cgt - 6 posts
Warning - removals back to the UK - 2 posts
Bilderberg Group: The Secret Rulers of the World - 8 posts
Paying a Bill -a Cautionary Tale - 6 posts
Admin help needed with iPad 4 problems - 5 posts
tbag - 1 posts
Help wanted please - 4 posts
Legal tip 968. Cajamar accepts keys back in Courts - 0 posts
huma . builder - 3 posts
Rise in income tax - 21 posts
HOW DO I SET UP AN ANIMAL CHARITY IN SPAIN? - 2 posts
IS IT STUPID? - 15 posts
Housing prices are on the rise in some coastal areas - 37 posts
Inheritance Tax for non-residents - 32 posts
Gestorial services before we go? - 10 posts
Has anyone used a buying agent? - 7 posts
Trying to find a person who installs log burners and install alarms in Balsicas in Murcia - 3 posts
Wanted - Long Term Let - San Miguel De Salinas area - 0 posts
Stephie - 0 posts
taking car to Spain - 4 posts
Paying voluntarily into social security? - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x