Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Jun 2013 10:11 PM by TEB Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi.

Just joined  tonight.

We have a house Nr Competa, which we are planning to move to full time over the summer.

We have a little internet business which we can take with us and will cover some day to day costs.

However, the other one o us will need to find some sort of work even if only over the summer, we have over 30 years travel experience, so could work summers for incoming holiday makers for a tour operator.

We will really only need living costs as we will not have a mortgage.

Does anyone have any ideas or helpful tips on what we can do and what we need to do. We are also looking at a self drive van or the items we are taking with us, as the house in Spain is already partly furnished out. We are really open to any kind of work, and hours don't really bother us. Over the years  when we started our own business in the UK, we also worked in Hotels, restaurants and bars till all hours just to live. We know we are starting all over again, just this time we know what we are aiming for.

Any other suggestions that would make the move a little less stressful would be very appreciated please. We will also need a new group of friends, although we have made a few over the years we have had the house, when over or holidays etc. we do need to brush up on my schoolboy Spanish, maybe join a garden club, as help with the plot is required, along with just having people we can have some fun with and start enjoying life. after all we are not getting any younger. So anyone who knows of any groups not just English but local ones as well please.

Many thanks

TEB

Like 0      
03 Jun 2013 11:06 PM by jaldridge Star rating in Manilva. 144 posts Send private message

jaldridge´s avatar

Hi TEB

Can't help you with regards to friends and stuff in the area but in terms of earning money you certainly sound resourceful so you may just be ok ;)

It is tough but I was just wondering when you say that you have a small internet business, is that not something you could expand and grow?  Or duplicate in another way to make more money out of it?  That would seem like the easiest thing to do seeing as you are actually already doing this and you have experience in generating money online.

Best of luck with the move!

Justin

EOS Team

Like 0      
04 Jun 2013 8:51 AM by competa Star rating in Scotland. 92 posts Send private message

TBE - I have been going to Competa for over 25 years - a lovely village!  I'll send you a pm with a link to a good local web site which has lots of gossip.  If you already have a working web site - as suggested below, you could grow that.  It is tough but do try the tour operators - probably too late this year as they will have their guides in place.  If you are walkers and want to lead walking tours I have loads of information including walks on a DVD.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

wifi in Andalucia - 0 posts
Handing back the keys to the bank. - 9 posts
Sad news about Julia Sinclair (Jules1) - 7 posts
Inconsistent judicial rulings, BG malpractice and ongoing concerns re consumer rights - 2 posts
looking for house to rent long term - 5 posts
Business Opportunities - 4 posts
Can anybody suggest how I can get my house valued for insurance - 3 posts
JUSTICE FOR SOME AT LAST - 0 posts
gardenfurniture area Heredades-Almoradi-Torrevija - 0 posts
Screwfix - 1 posts
Online banking from the UK - 2 posts
Transfer of car? - 2 posts
HELP in La Marina - 0 posts
Taking tennis rackets on Ryanair? - 11 posts
Advice Please wanted, Thinking of moving to spain Marbella area or Alicante , or other but unsure and need advice - 12 posts
Car Wanted in Barcelona - 0 posts
desperatly looking for all types of tradesmen in marbella area - 3 posts
another NIE number - 4 posts
NEED SWIMMING POOL CLEANER - ANY RECOMMENDATIONS PLEASE? - 5 posts
New Member who would really value some local information on Vera Playa - 1 posts
Shared ownership of a property - 10 posts
TRADING IN SPAIN FROM MY MOBILE CATERING TRAILER - 5 posts
moving to spainandneedong ileostomy supplies ? - 1 posts
Minimum income - 9 posts
NIE certifcates - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x