IT'S OFFICIAL!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Jul 2007 12:00 AM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar

Just arrived back in the UK having signed on the dotted line and we are now the proud owners of an apartment in Calahonda!!!

We signed on 17th July and moved in for the last few days of our stay - despite the fact we only had a table and chairs on the terrace and a bed it was fab. It's surprising what you can do without in the right surroundings. When we come back in September we should have all furniture and will just need to shop for the bits and pieces. Where should I go for crockery, cutlery, glassware etc. - just one shop would be good (that delivers!)

Anyway I just thought I'd let you all know we've finally managed it!

Sharon

Like 0      
22 Jul 2007 10:30 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi sharon

Brilliant, congratulations!

It's such an exciting time isn't it?

We too spent the first nights with about the same amount of furniture as you, but loved every minute of it!

I can't help with your cutlery shop, we own in CB, sorry.

Good luck with everything, I bet you can't wait to get back!

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
22 Jul 2007 5:44 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Cioffi1, how great, I'm sure you're really chuffed!!

Can't help with your question cos we're nowhere

near you, but I'm sure you'll sort it!

Well done and enjoy your Spanish home and

thanks for sharing with EOS.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
22 Jul 2007 6:39 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

& this is one of those special times.

Like 0      
22 Jul 2007 8:35 PM by jules1 Star rating in St Ives, Cambridgesh.... 264 posts Send private message

jules1´s avatar

Sharon many congratulations on your completion, I know how excited you must be as I still feel the same having completed in June in CB! Here's to lots of fun in Spain for you!!!!!

Regards, Julia

Like 0      
22 Jul 2007 8:43 PM by tired of waiting Star rating in navan,ireland.. 100 posts Send private message

Sharon,

Congrats on your purchase in Calahonda. Where exactly did u purchase. We hace bought in La Cala but have seen a nice apt in Calahonda if we can sell our own, due for completion Oct.  Shop for your small items in La Canada just before either Marbella of Porto Banus (can't remember which) ! Huge type of hypermarket - sells everything from beds, to towels, etc.  Best of luck in your new apt.

Helen

Like 0      
04 Aug 2007 2:15 AM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar

Hi Helen

We have bought an apartment that's 10 years old (nice thick walls!) in El Puente III - up in the hills of Calahonda. It's a bit quirky, not square, great views from the terrace and just a walk down the steps to two restaurants and a little shop that sells GREAT cakes!

I've always liked Calahonda. Our first apartment was just over the road from La Cala in a development called Jardin Botanico (this was 4+ years ago) and we sold just before completion and have been looking on and off ever since. I'm glad we waited though as prices have come down and I think we got a good bargain.

We will be back in September when the furniture arrives - can't wait

Sharon

Like 0      
04 Aug 2007 2:53 PM by jules1 Star rating in St Ives, Cambridgesh.... 264 posts Send private message

jules1´s avatar

Sounds lovely Sharon!

Julia

Like 0      
04 Aug 2007 2:54 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
It does, doesn't it ? Well done, Sharon.

Like 0      
04 Aug 2007 6:43 PM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar

Why don't you all come round for coffee and cake (or something stronger!) in September?

Sharon

Like 0      
04 Aug 2007 7:23 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
We're over 7 - 18th Sept R U ?

Like 0      
05 Aug 2007 5:46 PM by tired of waiting Star rating in navan,ireland.. 100 posts Send private message

Coiffi

Think I know exactly where u are talking about. Is it an italian rest? Were staying up there in June in Casares at the top of Calahonda and saw a nice apt in Los Altos de Calahonda. We can't decide whether to try and sell in La Cala before completion (it Calanova Grand Golf on the golf course) and buy in calahonda or just stick with it . Its hard to market a property before its fully built. Did you put your apt in La Cala on with an agent or sell privately.?

Helen

Like 0      
13 Aug 2007 6:02 PM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar

We sold our apartment in La Cala via the guy sitting in the site office! - so the developer I suppose. We got the apartment in Calahonda via a waiter in a restaurant! We were nearly at the end of our time in Spain and were fed up with looking really. Thie waiter saw us with an agent and approached us after he had gone. I couldn't really be bothered to look but my husband said we would - so up the steps we went and found it!! No agent involved so she was happy drop the price quite considerably as she wasn't paying any commission - it was immaculate when we viewed it and immaculate when we got the keys.  Sooooo glad we went to that restaurant!

We also looked at an apartment at Altos de Calahonda  (we must have the same taste!) - I love that development, but we chose El Puente as it's that much closer to the restaurants and shop and the pool is huge!

This message was last edited by Cioffi1 on 8/13/2007.

This message was last edited by Cioffi1 on 8/13/2007.

Like 0      
14 Aug 2007 12:58 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Congratulations on finally purchasing Cioffi! ! Los Altos sold to a young couple and Im pleased it all worked out for you - next time you are over and settled we will have to arrange an EOS meet so you can put some faces to the names!

Dont work too hard now!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
14 Aug 2007 1:44 PM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar

Hi Inez

Thanks for your good wishes - to be honest I always hoped we would buy from you as you have always been so helpful and put up with our indecision! I always loved Altos de Calahonda but El Puente is just that much closer to the restaurants/shop and you know what a lazy b......ch I am when it comes to walking! How the hell you timed it as 7 minutes I'll never know - especially in your skimpy tight shorts and high heels??!!!

Amadeo was great throughout the whole process and went above and beyond what we paid him to do - he's even going to take us to have our ears lasered when we come back in an attempt tp stop smoking! (He's given up his 60 a day habit!)

We are back in September or when ever the furniture arrives and it would be great to see you again.

Steve and Michelle who had the keys for Altos told us on our last visit that it was a couple from Croydon who bought the flat......spooky, I wonder if they are customers of ours? Steve is now looking after our property and has been extremely helpful, so yet another priceless person we've met through you! You're the best!!!!!!!

I'm sorry to say that Armando still has your number so as time goes by no doubt you'll receive a stressy phone call from him! - he say hi!

Kind regards

Sharon

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

irene montague - 8 posts
try again.....info on CB anyone????? - 12 posts
moving to Alicante/Rafal - 1 posts
Property Management wanted in Vera - 2 posts
Development discussions - 8 posts
HI im new ,help !!!!!!!!! - 4 posts
Im new ,need advice !!! - 8 posts
Looking for a Spanish Mortgage - 23 posts
Golden Retriever to Spain - 21 posts
Last 20 messages posted? - 2 posts
Congrats to Auntie Em 100th post - 31 posts
dream hills anybody there - 6 posts
Recommended by member JC1 ( Good Shout ) - 2 posts
Power of Attorney - 7 posts
Costa Del sol - 30 posts
spiderbish - 2 posts
Anyone involved with Hacienda Guadalupe ? - 7 posts
la hague apostille - 16 posts
Performance Car Clubs / Driving Days ? - 0 posts
Organic Food - 0 posts
Filling out application forms - 9 posts
Support for our injured troops - 4 posts
Bucket help. - 66 posts
WIFI - 1 posts
where to buy good quality furniture - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 15

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x