try again.....info on CB anyone?????

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Jul 2007 12:00 AM by sazzle Star rating in Scotland, soon to be.... 45 posts Send private message

Hey all

you will notice I was asking about Costa del sol earlier.....now I want to know about Costa Blanca....onyl because I am told that its much cheaper all round to live, rent, schools etc etc.

If I tell you what I am looking for, can anyone suggest an area, HELP I AM SO CONFUSED GUYS!

ok so My hubbie works offshore so I dont want to be secluded for a start as will often be on my own with kids....and he will have to fly in every couple weeks so an airport would be handy not too far.

I have a 3yr old and an 11yr old who will need schools

I will want to meet people with having to spend half my time on my own so somewhere with plenty other Expats but also plenty to do to keep us busy and ALSO somewhere reasonbly safe so I dont feel scared too often! Could it be any worse than here tho??? I doubt it!

So suggestion please - I would be SO grateful.

Like 0      
22 Jul 2007 12:02 AM by gigglymushroom Star rating in stavanger Norway. 21 posts Send private message

im watching your posts with intrest as we are in the same boat,so to speak.

looking for the same as you.worried about schools ,not sure what area,need somewhere to rent first and then reasonable prices to buy.

dont want to be secluded and would like to be amongst english speaking at first untill i get used to my new life.i will be alone for 4 weeks at a time as my husband also works of shore.

i have 5 children ages 3-16.

shall we move in together?

Like 0      
22 Jul 2007 11:34 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi,

There are loads of posts on different threads about moving to Spain with children.

I am not at that stage, so  can't give any advice.

Try doing a search for some key words re: schools, education etc., and you will find posts there.

Good luck!

Rgds

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
22 Jul 2007 1:00 PM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Hi Gigglymushroom and Sazzle ! 

Take a look at the area around Pilar de la Horadada.  It's a small town (growing rapidly) with three beachfront villages and lots to do.  Also look at San Pedro del Pinatar, San Javier, Los Alcarez etc- all along the Mar Menor.  These border the south of CB - going into Murcia.  Great places to live.  I haven't got young children so can't comment on schools, but I'm sure someone with more knowledge than me will help you out!  Good luck.

Jane

Jane

Like 0      
22 Jul 2007 4:00 PM by clairewebster Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

Hi - i am living in spain (my husband also works offshore 4 week at a time) we live on one of the polaris world resorts and my daughter is going to kings college on La Torre in September.  The area is murcia we are about 15 mins from the mar menor

This message was last edited by clairewebster on 7/22/2007.

Like 0      
22 Jul 2007 4:11 PM by sazzle Star rating in Scotland, soon to be.... 45 posts Send private message

Hi Claire,

Are you renting? or did yougo for the buy? I am no way thinking of buying as too risky but the way property is here in the Uk, this is the perfect time to sell up and invest our profits.

How do you find it with hubbie being away? How long you been over there? have you made plenty friends?

eeek its sooooo scary!

Sarah

sorry 101 question, hope you dont think I being rude.

Like 0      
22 Jul 2007 4:17 PM by clairewebster Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

Hi no problem with the questions happy to help.

We are renting until our house is finished hopefully by the end of the year.  We sold up in the uk and moved here at the start of the year.  We are really enjoying it and there are plenty of people living here full time.  I have managed to get myself a job to keep me busy while hubby is away and the little one is at school.  I much prefer to be on my own here for half the year than in the rainy UK!! 

Like 0      
22 Jul 2007 4:33 PM by sazzle Star rating in Scotland, soon to be.... 45 posts Send private message

well thats very true, I am desperate to do it now we have made the decision but schools and location are such a headache.

I just want to get the right place! You say you are in Murcia...

actually can I private message you, might be easier??

Like 0      
22 Jul 2007 4:37 PM by clairewebster Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

thats no problem

This message was last edited by clairewebster on 7/22/2007.

Like 0      
23 Jul 2007 3:15 PM by sazzle Star rating in Scotland, soon to be.... 45 posts Send private message

Jane thanks for the info

I am really quite impressed with the areas you have suggested, I have seen a really nice apartment in Torre de Horadada on a website and have mailed them for more info.

I have been trying to research the area of around there and San Pedro/Javier etc- all sounds quite nice, near too beach etc and also there are a couple schools near by.

Any other info anyone can give to sway me in this direction as this is the best I have been to finding an area where it has all my requirements eg schools, plenty to do, beachy, near airport etc.

Obviously will have to eventually take a trip out for a look about but intil then trying to gather as much info to put together for my hubbie who is offshore!

and thanks to everyone so far - I have already met some lovely people to stay in touch with, this website is BRILL!

Like 0      
24 Jul 2007 6:56 PM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Hi Sazzle, you're very welcome.  Take a look at the Mar Menor Chitty Chat thread in the general forum.  there's lots of people there and info about the area.  all of us will offer any help we can, i'm sure.  wishing you loads of fun in your search !

best wishes

jane

Jane

Like 0      
24 Jul 2007 7:08 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Sazzle

We're non residents just outside Guardamar further north than the Mar Menor area. Completed over two years ago, still finding our feet, so to speak.

Yes, great site our site. Glad you are enjoying it too. Everyone helps each other if we can.

Many of us have befriended each other on the forum & some of us have met too in Spain & in the UK. My husband & I have met quite a few. Planning to meet up with more too.

Like 0      
28 Jul 2007 9:46 AM by sazzle Star rating in Scotland, soon to be.... 45 posts Send private message

Hey.

I know, everyone has been SO helpful, its amazing. Although I am still none the wiser! ha ha

We planning a trip over Early october but there are so many ares's I need to look at think It would take me a month.

Might Start a new thread on Where to live in spain and why! ha ha

that might help me.

Sarah

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

moving to Alicante/Rafal - 1 posts
Property Management wanted in Vera - 2 posts
Development discussions - 8 posts
HI im new ,help !!!!!!!!! - 4 posts
Im new ,need advice !!! - 8 posts
Looking for a Spanish Mortgage - 23 posts
Golden Retriever to Spain - 21 posts
Last 20 messages posted? - 2 posts
Congrats to Auntie Em 100th post - 31 posts
dream hills anybody there - 6 posts
Recommended by member JC1 ( Good Shout ) - 2 posts
Power of Attorney - 7 posts
Costa Del sol - 30 posts
spiderbish - 2 posts
Anyone involved with Hacienda Guadalupe ? - 7 posts
la hague apostille - 16 posts
Performance Car Clubs / Driving Days ? - 0 posts
Organic Food - 0 posts
Filling out application forms - 9 posts
Support for our injured troops - 4 posts
Bucket help. - 66 posts
WIFI - 1 posts
where to buy good quality furniture - 7 posts
Valle del Sol, Carcer - 3 posts
Jaen's restaurant, Guardamar town centre, CB - 33 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x