Looking for my pool architect from 2006..(or a new one)

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 May 2013 10:36 AM by Noddy59 Star rating in Near Villamartin, Or.... 6 posts Send private message

Hello all.

I'm a UK resident with a holiday home near Villamartin.

Got a problem (ultimately of my own making) regarding non-issue of private pool licence by Orihuela Town Hall...

I engaged a legitimate builder in 2006 to build a small pool in my garden. He would take care of all the paperwork, legal stuff, etc.  Around the time of pool completion in summer 2006, he gave me a chunky technical document full of specifications and plans, drawn up by C & P Consultoria Tecnica, Calle Canalejas, Almoradi (Alicante). The individual architect signing his name on many pages was a Manuel Conesa Gímenez..  The front page also has a rubber stamp of C.O.P.I.T.I. (Collegio Oficial de Peritos de Ingenieros Tecnicos Industriales de Alicante). At the time, I stupidly thought this was all the paperwork I needed.

In 2008, I received a notification from Orihuela Town Hall saying that there was a 'deficiency' in the architect's document; namely, one of the plans did not show the distances to neighbouring properties.  I contacted the builder, who took a copy of the Town Hall letter and said he'd take care of it, arranging for the architect to correct the deficiency and send to the Town Hall. 

And that was pretty much the last I heard of it, until last week when I received another letter from the Town Hall reminding me of the outstanding deficiency as outlined in 2008. They also gave me three months to sort it. As I'm only at the house for the next four weeks I really want to get this sorted in that timeframe.

Anyway, here in 2013, the builder is no longer in business and I haven't been able to find the architect by myself. The architect's telephone number (found via google 966781351) is "no longer in service", and when I visited the address in Almoradi, there was no response to the entrance buzzer (it seemed like an older private dwelling).  I'm trusting that the architect was genuine, or else the Town Hall would have long since objected to his document submission.

Having read through some other threads about pool licence issues, and the order in which things should get done, I now realise I've been pretty naiive and foolish in placing too much trust in the builder. And I shouldn't have allowed things to drag on. But I can't turn back time, so now I want to rectify the situation, and get that licence.

So, questions:

- Does anyone know how I can find C & P Consultoria Tecnica (or if they're even still in business)?

- If I can't find them, can anyone recommend a sympathetic alternative architect (ideally in the Villamartin area) who could help me tie up the loose ends?  I have all the missing details that the Town Hall needs.

- Any other suggestions on how to proceed would be hugely welcomed.

Thanks.

Like 0      
11 May 2013 1:42 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

Measure distances & put on drawing yourself ?

If you need copies of architectural drawings hunt around the photographers shops as one will always do them.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
11 May 2013 2:21 PM by Noddy59 Star rating in Near Villamartin, Or.... 6 posts Send private message

Interesting thought, Gus. And so relatively simple. Thanks.

I'm going back to the Town Hall on Monday to ask  exactly how much (or how little) additional detail need to accept the document.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Butano/Propano GAS wall mounted boilers - 4 posts
Spain Officially insolvent get your money out - 9 posts
So Fergys retirement is official - at last - 0 posts
2 Cool Ikea Loft Beds for quick sale €30 each or €50 for the two - Fuengirola - 0 posts
Local Impartial Solicitor Needed for Property Law - 0 posts
embargos - 4 posts
Renewing passport - 7 posts
EHIC Problems? - 19 posts
Where On The Costas? - Phil From Belfast - 1 posts
the plot thickens - 4 posts
Holiday house swap Spain - U.K. - 1 posts
moving to Spain - 11 posts
decorative concrete - 4 posts
legal advice - 6 posts
Costa Calida - 2 posts
Spain still offers a lower cost of living - 10 posts
Claiming benefits in Spain - 1 posts
Reliable builders: villamartin/la zenia areas - 2 posts
Aloha Hill Club - 0 posts
whats wrong with people - 1 posts
Driving licence due to expire in a few months - 1 posts
disability benefits - 4 posts
Tax Form 210 - 10 posts
Mains gas - Los dolses/ villamartin area? - 3 posts
Plumbers merchants? - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x