Where On The Costas? - Phil From Belfast

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 May 2013 1:02 PM by irishrover Star rating in Belfast, Northern Ir.... 2 posts Send private message

irishrover´s avatar

Hi Everyone,

It's great to be part of such a vibrant community and thank you for making me feel very welcome.

I am considering relocating from Northern Ireland (Yes, to escape our weather mainly!) to one of the Costa's.

Whilst I am familiar with the Costa del Sol, I would really appreciate any help that you could give me about your local area.  

I am lucky that my business is online, therefore job hunting is not top of my list. However, my 13-year old twins are!

Emma would leave tomorrow, whilst Matthew (loves his sports) will not budge! I would want to keep disruption down to an absolute minimum and make the transition for them as easy as possible. Therefore, I would have to look at the availability of an International School (unless i'm told different here of course).

We would only be renting for the first 12 months at least and would probably prefer an area with a fairly large and vibrant ex-pat community (although we will definitely be learning the language!).

Any help and guidance would be greatfully received.

Thanks and I hope you have a fabulous day :-)

Phil

This message was last edited by irishrover on 09/05/2013.

Like 0      
10 May 2013 2:33 PM by tamaraessex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

tamaraessex´s avatar

Have a look at   http://familylifeinspain.com/  and get in touch with Lisa who runs it.  I think there's a subscription fee to access all the guides on schooling etc, not sure, perhaps some are also for sale as eBooks.  Anyway, she's the sort of head honcho expert on education in Spain and helping children and young people get into the right type of school.  13 is a little older than ideal, but you can't change that!  Yes I think they'd need an international school in order to catch up with the language.  Hope you've all started learning ....!

Blog about settling into a village house in the Axarquía. http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara.aspx

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

the plot thickens - 4 posts
Holiday house swap Spain - U.K. - 1 posts
moving to Spain - 11 posts
decorative concrete - 4 posts
legal advice - 6 posts
Costa Calida - 2 posts
Spain still offers a lower cost of living - 10 posts
Claiming benefits in Spain - 1 posts
Reliable builders: villamartin/la zenia areas - 2 posts
Aloha Hill Club - 0 posts
whats wrong with people - 1 posts
Driving licence due to expire in a few months - 1 posts
disability benefits - 4 posts
Tax Form 210 - 10 posts
Mains gas - Los dolses/ villamartin area? - 3 posts
Plumbers merchants? - 10 posts
Dog walking - Costa Del Sol - 5 posts
Golf homes for sale - 11 posts
Need some advice of rights of USO FRUCTO inheritor - 17 posts
Looking for a good hair stylist in Quesada - 3 posts
GB versus Spanish Pensions - 73 posts
Sold your home in UK before moving to Spain ? CGT on it in Spain? - 3 posts
Looking for a good hair stylist in Quesada - 0 posts
Property Management - 1 posts
Hello guys - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x